Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Things to prepp while bird is in hibernation

Hey guys and gals, winter is here and prepping the T/A for spring is under way. I know you are all smart and hate that nasty cancer growing thing called rust. Well anyways just a head up for all of you who detail and clean your car like crazy (like me). I found some rust underneath the passenger headlight assembly close to the horn/battery area. i quickly used a wire brush and put paint on there to keep that nasty thing away. This is the only known area where i have ever found rust. it was the size of a quarter, i have never driven this vehicle in snow or on a salty pathway. i have been taking things off and cleaning my car like crazy, and i figure the rest of you who do not drive your vehicle as a dd should do the same if you have not started already...btw if i were all of you i would remove your spoilers if you have a trans am style spoiler to check under there. anyways good luck and i will take a picture and try posting later.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Could have been an area of poor paint adhesion from the factory. Good to get it taken care of before it spreads.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Could have been an area of poor paint adhesion from the factory. Good to get it taken care of before it spreads.
    yup i was on that like white on rice. the only reason i noticed it is bc the headlight frames where out bc i am getting ready to switch the plastic gears out with the aluminum ones. damn nasty rust, i am just glad its noit the rust you look at and say hey and grab it and it all breaks off....just surface corrosion

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Check under the plastic guards on the inside door jam (above the rocker panel) as well. Not sure if TA's have that like Camaro's do.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Check under the plastic guards on the inside door jam (above the rocker panel) as well. Not sure if TA's have that like Camaro's do.
    oh yes i checked there immediately...you where the one tht said you found rust there right? ya i checked one of my (drivers side) and i have yet to check passenger side bc the door is to close to the wall to open and my transmission is out of it atm

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

No, it wasn't me, but I remember another member on here had a thread about it. I don't recall who it was though. You probably remember the same thread then.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    No, it wasn't me, but I remember another member on here had a thread about it. I don't recall who it was though. You probably remember the same thread then.
    yes sir i do. and checked my car immediately after reading that probably like most peeps.

Thread Information