Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Are these Rotors any good??

I was just browsing around the WS6 store when i came upon this ad for....... 93-02 LS1/LT1 Rotoworks Slotted/Drilled Rotor Package [ROTO-PKG] $169.99 . Are these rotors any good? Here is the link to the page (on the bottom of post) and you all can see for yourselves! $169 for all four rotors is amazing but is the brand and the material good? I need new rotors this year and if these are any good im going to get them thanks for the help...here is the link to the webpage!

Mike

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...e360e662a2ba82

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i don't know all there is to know, but, i think that the reason these are cheap is because of the process. I believe the higher quality pads are manufactured with the holes and slots done during the liquid state in the formation of the rotors. where as these are first pressed, then they use a machine to drill the holes and scrape out the slots.

The later process can create stress points that will fail under extreme use. my suggestion: get a set of these for the rears, and get a set of $300+ rotors on the front. they'll look similar but will perform more reliably [as the front takes all the beating anyway]

Someone else may have a bit more insight. but do you want your life riding on a $170? ok then.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i don't know all there is to know, but, i think that the reason these are cheap is because of the process. I believe the higher quality pads are manufactured with the holes and slots done during the liquid state in the formation of the rotors. where as these are first pressed, then they use a machine to drill the holes and scrape out the slots.

The later process can create stress points that will fail under extreme use. my suggestion: get a set of these for the rears, and get a set of $300+ rotors on the front. they'll look similar but will perform more reliably [as the front takes all the beating anyway]

Someone else may have a bit more insight. but do you want your life riding on a $170? ok then.
    +1

I wouldn't go bargain basement on brake parts. I do know the stock F-body brakes are not up to snuff in the severe usage department. It might have one good stop from 150 in it, but after that it is ugly, brake fade like mothaf*cka, and that will put you in a pine box before long.

I bought the Z06 calipers, GM drilled and slotted Corvette rotors, SS brake lines, and good pads, plus all the misc. crap to make it work. I haven't installed it yet, just got everything yesterday. I got about 1100 bucks tied up in everything. Hope it's worth it!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

for $1100 in brakes, your insurance should be reduced....sheesh!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

for $1100 in brakes, your insurance should be reduced....sheesh!
    I know, right. Get that f*kin gecko on the phone now!!!

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

seriously though, that would be a huge inscentive for me to drop that kinda $$ into braking

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

they are really worth it. I was shocked to see the quality of the craftmanship that went into the rotors. I'll try to post pics in a bit to show you guys what they look like. One of the best investments yet. Be sure to top off the rotors with ceramic pads though. Might as well get them while your there.

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

here you go, i forgot how to put them in the text box sorry.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Kingbird
    they are really worth it. I was shocked to see the quality of the craftmanship that went into the rotors. I'll try to post pics in a bit to show you guys what they look like. One of the best investments yet. Be sure to top off the rotors with ceramic pads though. Might as well get them while your there.
    Are you talking about the rotoworks rotors? Is that what you have or did you get something else? Im going to drop my refund check on brakes and tires this year but I dont want to spend a ton on the rotors if I dont have to.

dipherentdesign and Roastem thanks for your insite, you guys do have great points. If you have any other ideas post them up.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

yeah, kingbird-what are your rotors?

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Yes they are the rotowork ones--I bought them off of the Ws6store.com-- and paid about 200.00 including shipping-- AS you can see from my pics they add a more aggressive look to the car. I have Zero complaints and everybody loves the way they look. As far as stopping i did notice about a 3 car shorter stopping distance. I really want to also upgrade the brakelines to SS ones. All in due time..

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Over all install was straight forward you don't any special tools or anything, just make sure that you torque down all the bolts and lug nuts to your wheels to prevent them from warping.all in all its just un bolt old rotors and bolt the new one in, took me about 30 min, in my friends shop, granted we already had the wheels off.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

seriously though, that would be a huge inscentive for me to drop that kinda $$ into braking
    I bought the red Z06 calipers and GM Perf. Drilled/Slotted Corvette rotors for looks, and for braking. You got to see those rotors and calipers dude, they are SWEET. If I wanted just good brakes, I would have bought the F-body upgraded rotors and pads, and put the SS brake lines on it. I got those BIG 06 Chrome Corvette wheels, and with the red Z06 calipers and smooth ass rotors, it is gonna be NICE!!

I could have had great brakes for much cheaper, but if you are gonna do it, DO IT BIG!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Kingbird
    Over all install was straight forward you don't any special tools or anything, just make sure that you torque down all the bolts and lug nuts to your wheels to prevent them from warping.all in all its just un bolt old rotors and bolt the new one in, took me about 30 min, in my friends shop, granted we already had the wheels off.

SO its safe to say that these would be ok to get? I guess im just cautious because they are brakes and these cars need good brakes. I still have the stock pads and rotors on mine, so do you think ill notice a difference? Thanks guys for all the help!

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

I'm just giving you my opinion--You have to decide what you want. I am very happy with my set though, and i do recommend if you've got the cash.

Thread Information