Thread: TC Switch?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

TC Switch?

Hi there new here. I've tried searching the forum for this already but haven't come up with a solid answer. I have an 00 WS6 M6 and can't turn off the traction control (as stupid as that sounds). Tried pulling the fuse too and still can't get the "trac off" light to come on. I have heard trying a new switch but am open to any advice since you can't even get it from GM anymore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I believe SLP and some other aftermarket companies sell that switch you are talking about. I can't remember if it defaults to being off and the switch turns it on when pressed or not if that is important.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Yes.
    bunch of them

SLP offers a reversal kit which allows the car to default to TCS off mode at initial startup, and requiring you to press the TCS switch to enable it, rather than disable. Yank the ABS fuse, I guarantee it will turn it off.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

OK I will have to try that. The car is 100% bone stock but I have heard of the SLP kit but I haven't had a chance to look under the console to see if anything is there.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

When you first turn on your ignition, does the "Trac Off" light come on with everything else?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I think just the "low Trac" just comes on. I doing an oil pan gasket on it right now or otherwise i would go check. The park brake light does not work either. But the cig lighter and acc. outlet both work.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Check your fuses. It could also be as simple as a burned out bulb in the dash cluster. Easy check -- push the button after you start the car and then try to do a burnout. If you can smoke the tires, the switch is working properly. Best that you test it a couple of times.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

haha yes I might have to do that test a few times. I did get it sideways a few times in the rain. "low trac" didn't flash or anythig.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

If your Low-Trac light didn't come on, then i would say someone disabled it. 3 screws and you can get the center lid off the console. then you can atleast see if its even plugged in.. but i know my car sometimes it will stop working and the trac off light will come on.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Yeah I'm gonna have to try that if I have a second. This has been buggin me. I also thought it was a coincidence that the e-brake light didn't work either.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

No SLP box or any type of device that would be out of the ordinary. But i did manage to get the switch out and saw a few wires taped together coming directly ff the switch. Didn't get to much into it after that. But I didn't think you could disable it just that easy.

Thread Information