Thread: T/a Nats

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

T/a Nats

the t/a nats are coming up and want to know how is planing on going this year? im looking to go and on that saterday to maby get some people to run up the the tipp city ride.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Might go again this year... depends on how things are.. I'll be in TN by then...
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i know what you mean i have bine trying to go for the 2 years and some thing alway comes up but i hope not this year

red
    2000 Formula

I will be there! Great time!
    No matter where you are is where you are!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

where, when? we should all go together since it's so close to the 'nati.

I was a regular for the last 10-12 years or so,,,,until they cancelled the Saturday drags 2 years ago. I haven't been back since. Just isn't the same for me or my father. It was the only real fun we had. Not to mentioned the cool giveaways at the end of the day.

I'll probably pass on it again unless someone with the Dayton F-body club got off their butts and organized something at Kil-Kare,,,,hint hint....

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    where, when? we should all go together since it's so close to the 'nati.
    that is what i was thinking about going up on saterday for the show im not going to enter it but will drive the ta up so i can go the the tipp city cruse after
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I was a regular for the last 10-12 years or so,,,,until they cancelled the Saturday drags 2 years ago. I haven't been back since. Just isn't the same for me or my father. It was the only real fun we had. Not to mentioned the cool giveaways at the end of the day.

I'll probably pass on it again unless someone with the Dayton F-body club got off their butts and organized something at Kil-Kare,,,,hint hint....
    ya id like to see the racing back to and do you know if dayton f-body is going to do a drag day a kil-kare this year? i know thay did last year with the gto club and it was a blast

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    that is what i was thinking about going up on saterday for the show im not going to enter it but will drive the ta up so i can go the the tipp city cruse after

ya id like to see the racing back to and do you know if dayton f-body is going to do a drag day a kil-kare this year? i know thay did last year with the gto club and it was a blast
    I have talked to a few club members and to my knowledge at this point there are no races scheduled for the T/A meet.
    They never supported it before either, it was Bruce Fulper who came all the way out here from California every year to put that on in conjunction with the T/A show. He never really got much if any support from the club,,,,so after 10 years of money out of his pocket and very little support from club members and/or participants he decided to hang it up.
    Bruce is a great guy, that gave away engines, camshafts, and other things to numerus to mention from his own shop, it's a real shame.

He couldn't even get the club to advertise it on their flyers that I know of. Even so it was big time for a while with fastest street driven pontiacs coming together for king of the street and even a showdown with a famous hemi car verses an all pontiac powered GTO etc.....then you have the track problems at Kil-Kare, with the family fighting over ownership right now,,,it's just a mess. Most of the club members I talk to are into polishing there cars rather than using them, and have no interest in starting up a race event along with the show,,,thats the impression I got last time I discussed it. And if Sue Emmel is still running things,,,,well I'll leave that alone,,,lol.

I would have liked to see more support on this end to help Bruce put this on,,,after all he was driving out here every year over 2,000 miles each way towing his car along with all the prizes. The whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Maybe it will change, one can only hope. I'll see a club member (friend of mine) this weekend and see if he has anything new to say. Cheers

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

your right that is asham that he didnt get any help. i no thay didnt do any thing last year to at the ta show but later in the year thay had a drag day with the gto club to. it was just a one day thing but it was fun same nice and fast cars came out. next year im going to try and go to norwalk to the all pontiac nati. thay do that show at the track and the drag racing is a big part of that.

your right that is asham that he didnt get any help. i no thay didnt do any thing last year to at the ta show but later in the year thay had a drag day with the gto club to. it was just a one day thing but it was fun same nice and fast cars came out. next year im going to try and go to norwalk to the all pontiac nati. thay do that show at the track and the drag racing is a big part of that.
    Yes we are regulars at the Pontiac Nationals (formally Tri-Power Nats) every year. Already have the motel for this year as well.

Norwalk is a top notch facility and a hookin' track too. I run the Formula up there every year and hang all weekend.

If you want a real show, with more swap meet parts than you can shake a stick at,,,and all the racing you can stand all in one place,,,,,this is the ticket....And you get more variety too.

To be honest,,,I would rather drive the extra 2-3 hours to Norwalk for some racing and a hell of alot more cars and parts anyway since the racing is dead at the Dayton show.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-26-2008 at 07:53 PM.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i dont think i can do it this year but i will for sure go next year it sound like a blast.

i dont think i can do it this year but i will for sure go next year it sound like a blast.
    Thats cool. Probably a good idea anyway. The room rates usually shoot way up this close to the Pontiac Nats anyway. It's best to reserve a room 2-3 months out and plan ahead. Plan to spend at least 2 full days there just to see everything,,,,maybe,,,lol.

Thread Information