Thread: Stuck!

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Stuck!

So I need to get the headlight motor out of the driver side, but it's stuck. I tried to use the manual crank, but nothing doin. I recently bought the brass gears from that Dickman guy in wisconsin and I am tryin to put this pitiful chapter of headlight motor failure in my rearview. Any ideas?

Black
    1999 Trans Am

You might try taking the plastic shield off the bottom of the car and using a light and a wrench to take the nut off the headlight motor that holds the arm that lifts the light. If you can get that far the light will just flop. Then you can take the front surround off the lights, held on by 3 or 4 screws, and reach the headlight motor. I also found and easier way, once you get the arm off the motor, take the whole headlight assembly out. Its just 2 small torque bolts and 2 nuts toward the top of the light. They work like a hinge. And then the motor is very easy to get to. But if you dont take the light assembly out and you have very big hands or arms its a b**ch.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
    You might try taking the plastic shield off the bottom of the car and using a light and a wrench to take the nut off the headlight motor that holds the arm that lifts the light. If you can get that far the light will just flop. Then you can take the front surround off the lights, held on by 3 or 4 screws, and reach the headlight motor. I also found and easier way, once you get the arm off the motor, take the whole headlight assembly out. Its just 2 small torque bolts and 2 nuts toward the top of the light. They work like a hinge. And then the motor is very easy to get to. But if you dont take the light assembly out and you have very big hands or arms its a b**ch.
    Thanks man! Nah...my hands are kinda small so it should not be to tough.

Thread Information