Sponsors are good

It's a wonderful night men. My son and I have been talking mods relative to his new 2000 (28K) formula. I'll be using our sponsors for the parts. Feel free to chime in. If these guys care enough to support a forum, then the least I can do is buy their wares. After much reading we've decided to START with a Raptor hood, a cheap lid, SFC's and a ORY.

This is just going to be a little start as you can see and I'll buy him more goodies each month. Next month we'll look at catbacks and a bunch of sound clips. I'll get him the ram air box for the hood for Christmas and then I'll sell the air box to one of the forum members. I'll talk my ex-wife into getting him a catback for Christmas

We'll buy quality parts and hopefully things wont fall off faster then we put them on. He wants his car to have a few more balz. From what I've read 350 RWHP shouldn't bee to far out of the question. I'd rather he not be as fast as my old beat up 4 door sedan just yet. I realize the days coming but just not this year. Right now I leave him in my dust (big time) cause all he has is that ugly ls1 block. The coils hide the valve covers, it has enough hoses to refine it's own gas and what's with those ugly assed curly, dreadlocks draped all across the top of the engine. Is that the intake??:

I know that he has to eventually get faster than my 4400 pound car. Spaz had asked for a pic...so here ya go, I'll take pics of the boys car this week. Thanks guys and what a great forum with everything you need to know. --Bill--

Don't flame me too badly because Spaz asked for a pick of the big car. Have a great day, men!!
    Last edited by 1963SS; 10-20-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

[QUOTE=1963SS;1680400]After much reading we've decided to START with a Raptor hood, a cheap airbox, SFC's and a ORY.
    Next month we'll look at catbacks and a bunch of sound clips. I'll get him the ram air box for the hood for Christmas and then I'll sell the air box to one of the forum members. I'll talk my ex-wife into getting him a catback for Christmas
    We'll buy quality parts and hopefully things wont fall off faster then we put them on. [\QUOTE]

Just some tips i have picked up here and there....

Hood... purely owner preference...

SFC...Definaltely a nessesity...

Airbox...I'm not sure what your trying to get across here but im thinking maybe a lid? Lids are cheap and work well, but also look into cold air kits such as the Volant.

ORY...I would wait till you put on headers before you put on a Y that way you won't haveto buy 2 in the long run...Plus its a Pain In the Ass
    Also look into cutouts, you have many options...IE I went with Kooks race headers, A QTP Off road Y that has 2 built in Electric cutouts and left my stock catback on to keep it quiet going down the road.

Catbacks...If you do go this way, heres a rough ex...
    Magnaflow...quiet and deep at low rpm sweet at WOT with or w/o headers
    Hooker...Also deep but louder across the RPM range alot like mag.
    Loudmouth1...Very loud with stock manifolds...gets very raspy with headers
    Loudmouth2...LM1 toned down more for use with headers and ory
    Flowmaster...Flow poorly but sound good..closest to magnaflow

But this is all preferance some like rasp some dont, and there are also some like corsa too that are abit pricey but sound good too...

All this can be found on sponsors...a good one to checkout that has a ton is WS6store.com

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    [\
    All this can be found on sponsors...a good one to checkout that has a ton is WS6store.com
    +1 on WS6store.com

I order pretty much exclusively from there and get very quick shipping and prompt answers during email. You are pretty much guaranteed a response within like 1-2 from ws6 store. I also receive most of my parts from WS6store in approximately 2-3 days. ORDER FROM WS6store!!!

As suede said a catback is all personal preference. In my own view though, all the catbacks are QUIET, period. I currently have a borla which some think is too loud and I can barely hear it idle and can't hear it at all next to a friend's mustang. Its only saving grace is its WOT tone, but at WOT its still too damn quiet. I ran my exhaust with no muffler, just the stock pipe cut after the axle and it was still too quiet. Stock F-bodys are just quiet period with their shorties and shitty y-pipe.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

its a good idea to talk to the sponsers like you sead. for the sfc's look up sam at stranoparts.com he can set you up with all the suspenson stuff you need but ill put cash he tells you to go with umi stuff. thay make good stuff. and the cat back it what you want it to sound like. i like the magnaflow my self.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

2 ton vette... nice... i need my spankerchief now... i love 94-96 imps!!!

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Welcome to the site!!

Love the Impala!

Just keep searching the board and you'll get all the info you'll ever need. Dont be afraid to ask! We dont mind answering questions, even if they've been answered before, unlike certain other message boards!

Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

I used ws6store.com last week on a programmer, thermostat, and ORY. They shipped the items pretty fast and exactly as I ordered. I ended up buying some plug wires from them last night because of their service on my first order. Definitely recommend ws6store.com

Thread Information