Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some questions.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Some questions.

So I have a few things wrong with my ws6.

One; My right turn signal dash icon lights up when I turn my headlights on. Also they don't blink at all. I've read up on here to change the flashers, but I don't know where they are/ how to get to them. Anyone able to explain?
    Two; My fanbelt is very squeaky. Can I lube it somehow? Or buy a new one.
    Three; My battery is about as old as the car, and is starting to corrode. Could this be the cause to problem one? There's a lot of electrical stuff that just seems like the battery isn't doing it's job until the engine has been running for a while. Like my radio display is all gibberish, and my odometer "trip" section resets every startup.

I could really use some input before I go in and take it to the Stealership. Thank you.
    Last edited by MistrCreazil; 06-09-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

sounds like you need a new battery. belt is squeaky probably because you need a new one. most likely it's slipping on the pulleys. don't know about the signal light.

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Here is a link to the flashers.

http://shbox.com/1/flashers.jpg

You might want to check the sockets and bulbs also, it'll do that if they are bad.

Buy a new belt, lube is a very, very short term fix if at all.

I change my batteries every 4 years even if they are fine, beats getting stranded somewhere. Stick a new one in their and save yourself a headache or two.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Would corroded connectors and an old battery (10 years~ ) Account for most of the electrical stuff? Or should I go get everything looked at?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

I had the same trip problem and had to replace my flasher as well. The battery will make a big difference but you will still need to change the flasher, it is located on the driver's side on the side of the radio, if you can get near upside down you will see the little silver canister. After you get the new belt use belt conditioner regularly just don't over do it cause it will start to slip

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    I had the same trip problem and had to replace my flasher as well. The battery will make a big difference but you will still need to change the flasher, it is located on the driver's side on the side of the radio, if you can get near upside down you will see the little silver canister. After you get the new belt use belt conditioner regularly just don't over do it cause it will start to slip
    How did you fix the trip problem?

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by gbd99ws6 View Post
    You might want to check the sockets and bulbs also, it'll do that if they are bad.
    The hazard lights cause every socket to flash except for my drivers side.. ?

So that means it's only the flashers except in the case of that drivers side light?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by MistrCreazil View Post
    The hazard lights cause every socket to flash except for my drivers side.. ?

So that means it's only the flashers except in the case of that drivers side light?
    If I remember correctly, there are two flasher units. One for the hazards and the other for the signals.

If you're having the same problem with the drivers side with either the hazards or the signal. I would bet that it is the actual bulb. There are two or three elements in the bulb. (can't remember since it has been two years since I have had to fix mine) One of them may be blown.

Also, you could have corrosion in the socket that is not causing a good connection to the bulb. If it's corroded, clean it then use dielectric grease to seal her up.

Now, if there is any condensation inside your light housing, then you probably have micro cracks in the lens that is allowing water to get in. Some people say to try and seal the lens. I went out and bought new housings so I wouldn't have to mess with it again.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

A quick update, I went over some railroad tracks and I guess the bump hit something and now my right turn signal works again. Left one still doesn't. Cause? Loose wiring causing the right one to be sporadic?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

How did you fix the trip problem?
    the new batt fixed the trip problem

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

A quick update, I went over some railroad tracks and I guess the bump hit something and now my right turn signal works again. Left one still doesn't. Cause? Loose wiring causing the right one to be sporadic?
    you might want to take a good look at the plastic covering the bulb. They tend to crack letting water into the socket. mine was very corroded and also worked intermittently

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Also.. Does the front blinker, if it isn't working, prevent the rear blinker from working?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Also.. Does the front blinker, if it isn't working, prevent the rear blinker from working?
    Yes.

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Probably a bad socket, I could tap on the light housing and get mine to work, changed the sockets out and everything works fine. Its been a while but I think I paid around five dollars for them at autozone.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

My trip and gibberish problem is fixed now with the new battery. Still. Leaves the left turn signal light.

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have experienced this. Once there is a problem the whole side will not blink.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Another update: it appears that in high heat, ie sitting in sunlight a couple hours, my radio information is still all gibberish until the car cools off. Along with my right turn signal... When I turn on my AC, it quickly fixed itself. What could be the issue?

Ugh, and the light that is out, it works when I press the keyless entry. This is so confusing!
    Last edited by MistrCreazil; 06-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Any ideas?

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Any ideas?
    call a witch doctor

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by supaxero View Post
    call a witch doctor