Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    '00 T/A WS6

Sold The WS6 Yesterday

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I sold my '00 WS.6 Trans Am. It was time to move on, since I needed a car for business, and the Trans Am would have been parked and collecting dust. Also the insurance would have been over $1,000 per year for a car that I would hardly drive anymore. This was my first real high performance car and am missing her already. It was a blast driving my WS.6 the past 6 years and I will have a lifetime of memories.

I ordered an '07 BMW M5, so I hope this car can feel the void performance wise of my beloved Trans Am. Also the M5 is a gift to myself after completing my MBA back in spring.

And last I want to thank the people on this site for providing me information on performance mods. IMO that was one of the joys owning my Trans Am, modding her was one of my favorite hobbies.

Take care and have fun with your Birds!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by WS.6 Man View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I sold my '00 WS.6 Trans Am. It was time to move on, since I needed a car for business, and the Trans Am would have been parked and collecting dust. Also the insurance would have been over $1,000 per year for a car that I would hardly drive anymore. This was my first real high performance car and am missing her already. It was a blast driving my WS.6 the past 6 years and I will have a lifetime of memories.

I ordered an '07 BMW M5, so I hope this car can feel the void performance wise of my beloved Trans Am. Also the M5 is a gift to myself after completing my MBA back in spring.

And last I want to thank the people on this site for providing me information on performance mods. IMO that was one of the joys owning my Trans Am, modding her was one of my favorite hobbies.

Take care and have fun with your Birds!
    ummm... you could have chose a different insuance option and kept the car...

Black
    '00 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    ummm... you could have chose a different insuance option and kept the car...
    Trust me, I tried. If I kept the TA as a second car, my insurance would still be over $1,000 per year! I would rather use this money towards investment property or put it into a C/D.

black
    2000 trans am ws6

id say good choice with the m5.. great car. u wont be mad about the decision..

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

and now some heartless spamming:

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Black
    02 Z06

I'm sorry. I don't mean to flame. But if you're buying a brand new M5 i'm sure $1,000 a year is barely a pimple on your ass.

Anyways, I hope you like your new car. I'm in the process os trying to sell mine now. It's not fun.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan View Post
    I'm sorry. I don't mean to flame. But if you're buying a brand new M5 i'm sure $1,000 a year is barely a pimple on your ass.
    my thoughts exactly. What is an M5 like 80k?

Black
    '00 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan View Post

Anyways, I hope you like your new car. I'm in the process os trying to sell mine now. It's not fun.
    The $1,000 does get to be a waste for a car that I would hardly use. Also she was falling apart, had the EGR replaced recently, had a new clutch and flywheel put in after 2 years, air conditioning was not working. And it seems it was time for a brake job, after getting one less than 3 years ago. There were other problems that needed to be repaired too. Even my father told me to keep the Trans Am, but I needed a car for work to take out suppliers and customers. I could not keep using my bosses Benz or my dad's GS430. I decided if I bought a luxury car and paying that high price, might as well been something that is a blast to own. So after test driving new '06 GS430, AMG CLS55, and '06 M5, I decided to order the '07 M5.

And yes selling my Trans AM was not fun and even a bit painfull. I felt it was time to move on.

Black
    '00 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 6sw00 View Post
    id say good choice with the m5.. great car. u wont be mad about the decision..
    Thanks 6sw00! The reason I chose the M5 was the joy of driving it. It was the only sport sedan that I felt worthy to replace my WS6.

NBM
    2000 WS6

The M5's run pretty smart.......You won't miss the WS6 long...

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Good luck with your new ride.

Better decision to drive customers around in as well.

BTW I lived in San Leandro I was there for the earthquake and Oakland firestorm.

Gotta love that bridge, 10 feet off the water for miles with no place for johnny law to hide

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

you have to chance your name now, BMWman

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

You can't do the brakes yourself?

Black
    '00 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    You can't do the brakes yourself?
    Nope.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

You'd be surprised how easy it is to change a set of brake pads/rotors. Half the fun of owning these things is workin/maintaining them. I think anyway.

Black
    '00 T/A WS6

TheSilverSurfer - Thanks. Just waiting for her to arrive.

4get gto - I already miss my Trans Am. Just hope the new car can make up for it.

Danger731 - San Leandro is okay. I might be looking to move somewhere else in the near future.

ls1bandit - I still rather keep my old name!

Black
    1996 camaro z28

thats a bad ass car they got the 500 hp v10 and isnt it a 7 speed auto.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

good luck with the new ride. nothin will look like a WS6 though. i know i'd miss mine if i had to sell it

2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

The $1,000 does get to be a waste for a car that I would hardly use. Also she was falling apart, had the EGR replaced recently, had a new clutch and flywheel put in after 2 years, air conditioning was not working. And it seems it was time for a brake job, after getting one less than 3 years ago. There were other problems that needed to be repaired too. Even my father told me to keep the Trans Am, but I needed a car for work to take out suppliers and customers. I could not keep using my bosses Benz or my dad's GS430. I decided if I bought a luxury car and paying that high price, might as well been something that is a blast to own. So after test driving new '06 GS430, AMG CLS55, and '06 M5, I decided to order the '07 M5.

And yes selling my Trans AM was not fun and even a bit painfull. I felt it was time to move on.
    Dude, you are not obligated to explain yourself to anyone on this forum for your life decisions. Sounds to me like you are making an intellegent choice by investing the money you made from the sale of your T/A in something that could pay dividends in your future. If you've earned an MBA you obviously have your shit together. I have had dozens of cool toys over the years and I have had to sell all of them at one time or another for business investments or property purchases etc., and when the time was right I'd buy another toy. Responsible people know when to make responsible decisions. I love my car as much as the next enthusiast but unless you are a professional racer your car should not rule your life. Rock on brother and good luck with the new ride. Some day you will be able to sell it an buy ten T/A's!

Thread Information