Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

SLP Lid fitment problems....

I've been wanting to put my original MAF sensor back, it has an SLP Maf sensor right now but I cant fit my original maf sensor with the SLP lid... I dont know if the lid shrank while it was attached to the SLP MAF sensor but the opening doesnt fit the original (MAF Sensor)..

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Atrivium View Post
    I've been wanting to put my original MAF sensor back, it has an SLP Maf sensor right now but I cant fit my original maf sensor with the SLP lid... I dont know if the lid shrank while it was attached to the SLP MAF sensor but the opening doesnt fit the original (MAF Sensor)..
    Take a blow dryer to it heat it up real good and you shouldn't have a problem getting it on there, it is common for this.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Take a blow dryer to it heat it up real good and you shouldn't have a problem getting it on there, it is common for this.
    I kinda tried that with blower dryer but I let off because I was afraid to mess up the sensor thats on the SLP lid... Do I have to take it off or the heat from the blow dryer wont do anything to it..?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I kinda tried that with blower dryer but I let off because I was afraid to mess up the sensor thats on the SLP lid... Do I have to take it off or the heat from the blow dryer wont do anything to it..?
    Usually you heat it up without the maf sensor on there, and if you think about the senser itself it is under the hood of the car where the engine normally heats up to 210 degrees lol. But I just used the blow dryer to heat up the lid first then squeezed it in there.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Usually you heat it up without the maf sensor on there, and if you think about the senser itself it is under the hood of the car where the engine normally heats up to 210 degrees lol. But I just used the blow dryer to heat up the lid first then squeezed it in there.

I know I was talking about the little sensor thats inside the slp lid... U know which one I'm talking about? not the MAf sensor...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I know I was talking about the little sensor thats inside the slp lid... U know which one I'm talking about? not the MAf sensor...
    Yea the one right beside the mouth that connects to the lid, it shouldn't affect it at all. But if you are worried about it messing up then just take it off and put it back in when you get your maf on there.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Yea the one right beside the mouth that connects to the lid, it shouldn't affect it at all. But if you are worried about it messing up then just take it off and put it back in when you get your maf on there.
    Cool, Im gonna this... thanks!

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

That little grey sensor is the IAT btw, Inlet Air Temp.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

i had the same problem, and i put the lid on top of the stove,, (electric stove) and i had no problems to put it on..
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Yeah, that mother fits on there TIGHT! I lubed it up with a little dish soap, and heated the heck out of it with a hair dryer. I wished I had a heat gun availalbe, that would have done a much better job.

As tight as that thing fits, I'm thinking if I ever sell the car, the lid is going with it!

Thread Information