Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

SLP lid causing SES light why??????

I've been trying some stuff out here and it all goes back to that lid. I even changed o2 sensor because that is the code that it throws.

The way it goes is this. If I shove it to the floor from a dig and leave it there until it shifts wich is at 5800rpm approximately and about 50-60mph right at the shift point the SES light comes on. Obviously it's an automatic, for the anti auto guys I would love a 6 speed because it's a hell of a lot of fun but an accident put me in a situation that I can't push in a clutch and I love my auto,I am getting older and lazyer lol. Now that it's out of the way :-)

After about 20 minutes of regular driving the ses light shuts off. How can I fix that? Should I just put the stocker air box back on or should I change all the o2 sensors for nothing "joke"

I only have a cat back and a lid and maybe I'll put a stall but that's about it. A tune is freaking expensive but if I will see a gain an obvious gain when I ram the throttle to the floor I'll do it.

Love this site it's been so helpfull and I'm looking forward to your feedback. It's costing me money though but it's money well spent

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Not sure its related to the lid but, when I put mine on, I bought a ricer breather filter to plug back into the air hose.

Make sure your air sensor connector is seated good. Other than that, I don't know.

Is your MAF dirty? Try cleaning that with some CRC MAF cleaner. There is a thread on that here somewhere too.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Not sure its related to the lid but, when I put mine on, I bought a ricer breather filter to plug back into the air hose.

Make sure your air sensor connector is seated good. Other than that, I don't know.

Is your MAF dirty? Try cleaning that with some CRC MAF cleaner. There is a thread on that here somewhere too.

My air sensor seated good. Isn't there only 1 way of installing it?

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Just checking.....lol.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Just checking.....lol.
    You made me think for a minute there lol

11 Second Club 11.34 bigboykilroy's Avatar

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

did you scan it for codes?
    Mine did that at WOT when i installed a new TB, but it was the TPS was reading over 4.5volts at WOT. re-adjusted it and byby light.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by bigboykilroy View Post
    did you scan it for codes?
    Mine did that at WOT when i installed a new TB, but it was the TPS was reading over 4.5volts at WOT. re-adjusted it and byby light.

iT SAYS LOW VOLTAGE BANK 1 rear o2 sensor. I changed the o2 sensor and it does the same thing. If I put my stock air box it stops......

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

that is very strange.....

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

that is the one after the Cats...its almost like with the improved airflow you cat on that side can t handle it.

"the O2 oxygen sensor's voltage remained low for longer than 2 minutes. This, is interpreted by the ECM as a low voltage condition and sets the MIL. Bank 1 Sensor 2 is located to the rear of the catalytic converter and should produce an output signal relative to oxygen storage capacity of the catalytic converter. This rear (sensor 2) sensor is less active than the signal produced by the front sensor. However, if the ECM senses the sensor is inactive, this code will set."

A code P0137 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty o2 sensor Exhaust leak near the rear sensor
    Plugged catalyst
    Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit
    High resistance or open on O2 signal circuit

Black

Quote Originally Posted by bigboykilroy View Post
    that is the one after the Cats...its almost like with the improved airflow you cat on that side can t handle it.

"the O2 oxygen sensor's voltage remained low for longer than 2 minutes. This, is interpreted by the ECM as a low voltage condition and sets the MIL. Bank 1 Sensor 2 is located to the rear of the catalytic converter and should produce an output signal relative to oxygen storage capacity of the catalytic converter. This rear (sensor 2) sensor is less active than the signal produced by the front sensor. However, if the ECM senses the sensor is inactive, this code will set."

A code P0137 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty o2 sensor Exhaust leak near the rear sensor
    Plugged catalyst
    Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit
    High resistance or open on O2 signal circuit

Great thank you! Ok I don't have a leak and the o2 sensor is good it was doing the same thing with the old one than the new NGK one exact same actually.

Plugged cat I hope not How do I check that one?
    Short to voltage would be corosion on the wire? If so I checked and it's ok but I only checked the wire as far as I could the location of the plug is over the tranny.

I don't know what High resistance or open o2 signal circuit means.......

The car works great in every way but that ses light drives me crazy and it only comes on at wot

Thanks for the reply

Black

Could it mean that the cat is starting to plug up. I did have hesitation when accelarating and I cleaned my MAF and it went away but could it just be a coincidence????

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

You need a good scan with data. It helps a lot. Lack of power on acceleration could be a plugged cat. You need to know what the signal for the pre and post cat o2's look like to be certain but a quick check is to tapthe cat. If it sound hollowish it's good. If it thumps it's plugged.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    You need a good scan with data. It helps a lot. Lack of power on acceleration could be a plugged cat. You need to know what the signal for the pre and post cat o2's look like to be certain but a quick check is to tapthe cat. If it sound hollowish it's good. If it thumps it's plugged.

I use to drink like your dog lol!! good picture.

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow if I can fit under the freaking thing. I tried it today and no SES light but we will see tomorrow I'm going on a 150 mile trip 1 way and nice roads I'll let you know what happens

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    Where do I get a good scan with data GM dealer at $113.00 I guess right now the ses light is off. Will it still read something?

Thread Information