NBM
    2002 Trans Am WS 6 M6

SLP Cold air kit.

Before taking her out of storage for the year, I figured I'd do some upgrades now, so I don't waste time with her in the driveway.

I got the cold air kit from SLP (lid, bellows, and cold air assembly). I've already removed the top part of the intake and am cleaning it up now, and I see that I need to remove the shrowd from the AC condensor and cut a chunk out of it.

Here's my question: how do I easily remove it? I went under the car and popped out the 2 white push pins, but it seems to be connected near the bottom to the condensor. is there a trick to removing it?

I looked through the forums, but didn't see anything that was similar to what I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
    Before taking her out of storage for the year, I figured I'd do some upgrades now, so I don't waste time with her in the driveway.

I got the cold air kit from SLP (lid, bellows, and cold air assembly). I've already removed the top part of the intake and am cleaning it up now, and I see that I need to remove the shrowd from the AC condensor and cut a chunk out of it.

Here's my question: how do I easily remove it? I went under the car and popped out the 2 white push pins, but it seems to be connected near the bottom to the condensor. is there a trick to removing it?

I looked through the forums, but didn't see anything that was similar to what I'm asking.
    There are 2 more clips right in the middle of the condenser area on the black plastic piece that you will need to remove as well.
    Fast Toys Performance Parts
    Low pricing & honest customer service since 1998!

Email:sales@fasttoys.net
    Web: www.fasttoys.net

NBM
    2002 Trans Am WS 6 M6

Oh goodie

Is there an easy way to get that piece off?

I went back out to have a look, but there isn't a whole lot of room to squeeze my hand down to undo anything - and from underneath, there's even less to see

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Although I have not performed this mod -- it appears that the part you need to cut is called the Radiator Air Baffle Assembly/Deflector. In addition to the two (2) white clips, as noted above, there are two (2) additional retainers located midway up the condensor on each side.

As the baffle has to be removed from the top of the car, your air cleaner lid, base and outlet duct all need to come off. There are probably some senders that have to be unplugged to complete the removal. Essentially, you are pulling everything in front of the throttle body.

The lower base of the air cleaner assembly also holds the top of the radiator, so you will want to make sure that it is supported as you remove the four bolts from across the top of the radiator support and then lift it off. Once all the top pieces are removed, you should be able to easily remove the baffle and commence cutting.

Again, as I have not done this myself, I invite corrections from other forum members. Hope this helps...

Dark
    05 Trans Am

i would just do it while on the car.... get everything to line up and then take a dremel with a cutting bit on it and zip it out....

NBM
    2002 Trans Am WS 6 M6

Got it out... You really have to pull on it...

Cutting it on the car is not an option... it's very tight and I don't feel like cutting into the condensor, or holding it at an odd angle under the car.

Once the pins are popped out, go under the car and bend the two long parts to the middle... it'll be easier to clear the wiring harness.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

be careful in rain/puddles/water. Good way to throw a piston out the side of the block...

Thread Information