White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Simple vs. question

Ok, so i'm sitting at work and my chief has the new 06 mustang gt. I believe it is completely stock. Now, seeing as he knows that i own a 98 formula WS6 he automatically has formed a rivalry with myself and my car. So, we got to braggin about our rides a few minutes ago and then i asked him if he would like to settel the dispute of who could beat who later today. Of course he denied saying things along the line of i'm not worth his time and a ford would destroy a pontiac anyday and yadda yadda yadda... So i'm wondering what the outcome would really be. The specs on the cars follow:

2006 Ford Mustang GT (Borla Cat-back)

1998 Pontiac Formula Firebird WS6 with Ram Air (SLP Whisperlid, SLP Mass Air Flow Sensor, Gorilla Chip, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust)

I guess the Ford rivalrys never end.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

i would asume youd pull on him. my friend has a 99 ws6 w/ just a lid and catback and his uncle has a 05 GT and he drove both and said the gt is respectable but his ws6 felt noticably faster.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

The rivalry will never end. People that are repressed will always bitch and moan.

In any case I have a stock 99 T/A(other than the air delete <--- no HP gain that I know of) and have raced a few stock stangs... I am always happy with the outcome.

the new mustangs still have noting on us stock for stock.

It is also my understanding that the new GT500 stang is a pile as well but I cannot confirm this as I have not raced one....yet. I can't wait to give it a shot though.

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

So pretty much, he's blowing smoke... good to know... i might be able to talk him into racin sometime. Hopefully for cash but well see. Oh and ive always wondered if a TA would beat my WS6. Ive never been able to race a TA... kinda irritating when i stop Z28s as well as a few SS's...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

It's also the fact that he thinks he knows it all b/c he's older and has a higher position.

hope these Help:

Stock 05gt dyno
    Click for full size

Something Close to yours:
    Click for full size

not to mention that based on displacement, you have the power advantage [your 5.7 vs his 4.6]

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    It's also the fact that he thinks he knows it all b/c he's older and has a higher position.

hope these Help:

Stock 05gt dyno
    Click for full size

Something Close to yours:
    Click for full size

not to mention that based on displacement, you have the power advantage [your 5.7 vs his 4.6]
    Sweet, thanks for the thumbs. Also, (i apologize for constantly changing gears) anyone happen to know a nice place to find some graphics for my ws6? or a place that makes custom badges?

black
    01 WS6

i have a 01 ws6 and my friend has a 06 gt, now i have a m6, and she has a A4... i had her by 4 cars, i just kept pulling on it... now keep in mind that she is a girl, but she also did not want 2 lose! My point, not even close

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Formula_LS1 View Post
    Oh and ive always wondered if a TA would beat my WS6.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Sweet, thanks for the thumbs. Also, (i apologize for constantly changing gears) anyone happen to know a nice place to find some graphics for my ws6? or a place that makes custom badges?
    eh hem...

renders/concepts [not finished]:

2.8 liter v6 3rd gen...get it?

this is on "juiced99ws6" car

for a 3rd gen with lt1 from police car:
    Click for full size

unpainted letters:
    Click for full size

painted letters [metallic red, catches well in sunlight]:
    Click for full size

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

So pretty much, he's blowing smoke... good to know... i might be able to talk him into racin sometime. Hopefully for cash but well see. Oh and ive always wondered if a TA would beat my WS6. Ive never been able to race a TA... kinda irritating when i stop Z28s as well as a few SS's...
    Odd question. I belive that they made a WS6 Formla but then it should be faster thana bone stock T/A. But after... ...ummm i think 98..??.. they quit making the Formula WS6. Other than that it would be a T/A WS6... someone correct me if I am wrong please.

Red
    06 GTO

those decals are sick, i would be interested in buying one.
    97 t/a
    Magnaflow catback, K&N FIPK, chrome 17x9.5 zr1's, 3.42 gears, full pioneer sound system

cavpat; 100 the first race, he wanted to go AGAIN for another $100? LMFAO
    What do you tell a ricer that's out $200?
    ...Nothin, you done told him twice! LOL

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ice97ta View Post
    those decals are sick, i would be interested in buying one.
    THANKS!

those are actually emblems. cut from aluminum and plastic, sometimes I'll hand paint them if requested.

I can do vinyl graphics too if you're intrested; I did the ls1.com vinyl stickers shown here: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32232

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Phlash_riot View Post
    Odd question. I belive that they made a WS6 Formla but then it should be faster thana bone stock T/A. But after... ...ummm i think 98..??.. they quit making the Formula WS6. Other than that it would be a T/A WS6... someone correct me if I am wrong please.
    Your right, and just to clerify I'm the proud owner of an Arctic White 98 Formula WS6 with the Ram Air. I really need to get around to putting that car in my sig...

Pewter
    2000 WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    THANKS!

those are actually emblems. cut from aluminum and plastic, sometimes I'll hand paint them if requested.

I can do vinyl graphics too if you're intrested; I did the ls1.com vinyl stickers shown here: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32232
    Is the WS.666 for sale???

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorazine Shuffle View Post
    Is the WS.666 for sale???
    sorry brother, 1 of a kind and it's all mine.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Can you do 35th aniversary side vinyl? the swooshy looking things...mabye it was 30th.. brain fart or something. I would like to get a cost ESTIMATE for them in white. also a bird in white for the rear filler panel and white decal to cover the (no missing on mine) Trans AM on the same filler panel. ALSO.....HEHE the PONTIAC embosment in the rear of the car. I would like to fill those with white as well.. What are we talking about to get those... I am not at that point just yet... but I am getttign ideas for X-mas presents taht are as exspensive as the rest of the stuff for my car taht i want like new heads and inatake...hehe.. you know...

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Can you do 35th aniversary side vinyl? the swooshy looking things...mabye it was 30th.. brain fart or something. I would like to get a cost ESTIMATE for them in white. also a bird in white for the rear filler panel and white decal to cover the (no missing on mine) Trans AM on the same filler panel. ALSO.....HEHE the PONTIAC embosment in the rear of the car. I would like to fill those with white as well.. What are we talking about to get those... I am not at that point just yet... but I am getttign ideas for X-mas presents taht are as exspensive as the rest of the stuff for my car taht i want like new heads and inatake...hehe.. you know...
    The 2002 Commemorative Edition T/A is yellow and has the "feather" graphics down the side
    The 1999 30th Anniversary bird is white with blue accents/hood stripes and anodized blue rims.

i would charge you 2 million dollars for all of that, ORRRR you can got to www.afterthoughtsauto.com and buy all that stuff from them for hella cheaper

I mostly do custom work, so that pre cut stuff you'll want to go to a reseller who will charge you significantly less b/c they've got everything stock. Good luck =)

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Thanks for the info. Was just trying to throw some bussiness your way. I look up Afterthoughts though.

SOM
    2002 Formula Firehawk

2000 was the last year for the WS6 Formula...

Thread Information