orange
    1977 Corvette

Several trans am questions

in front of the shifter of a 2002 trans am where the transmission performance switch is with the ash tray, what do people often put in there? i often see pics of a red toggle switch or several toggle switches.

i want a gauge pod on a 2002 t/a, what gauges should i get or what ones would be most beneficial?

Black
    2000 SS

Mods to the car?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by ls1_bandit View Post
    in front of the shifter of a 2002 trans am where the transmission performance switch is with the ash tray, what do people often put in there? i often see pics of a red toggle switch or several toggle switches.

i want a gauge pod on a 2002 t/a, what gauges should i get or what ones would be most beneficial?

I have switches for the line lock and electronic exhaust cutout mounted in the ashtray as our car has the traction control system. Other switches could include a fan override, nitrous arm, purge, bottle heater, etc...

Dual gauge pod has fuel pressure and air fuel. I just went with two for our car. Could also have transmission temperature and a real engine coolant temperature gauge as the stock gauge in the dash is a POS.

orange
    1977 Corvette

no big mods. all stock. im not sure what im going to do with it because i want to take the ls1 out and drop an ls6 in it. and i dont want to buy parts twice

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

LS1 and LS6 are interchangeable when it comes to parts. Meaning the same parts i.e. headers, heads, intakes, etc...all work on a LS1 as well as a LS6. So what ever you get for your LS1 can be transfer to the LS6 when you get it. An LS6 is in my future plans too. I'm working on everything else first like suspension, then build up my rear and T56 so that when I get the new engine, I have a solid foundation that can handle the power I want to get out of the LS6.

Like so many before, even me, you need to decide what you want. DD, Street, Track, or DD & Street, Street& Track....combos are many. The more you go towards heavy track use the less DD friendly it gets.

Research, research, research. Somebody on here has done it, seen it, or tried it. Alot of resource info on this site. Develop a plan, ask questions, put it on paper.

Most builds take 3-5 yrs. It really depends on the amount of $$$$$ you have to throw at it. 99% of us here don't have 20-30k to throw in a project car out of pocket at once. So don't rush it.

Main thing is to enjoy it and learn. Welcome to the brotherhood.

Thread Information