Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Seller won't budge

I've been looking at this 00 ws6 38k miles. New tires, all it needs are the door panels. Its black. They won't go any lower then $12k.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

How much are you willing to pay for it?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stang1101 View Post
    I've been looking at this 00 ws6 38k miles. New tires, all it needs are the door panels. Its black. They won't go any lower then $12k.
    Sounds like they maybe looking for a sucker. Got pics? Need more info.. What's it book for?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    How much are you willing to pay for it?
    I can buy a $20k car lol. I just don't want to overpay on something. I offered them $11 then $11,500 cash.

heres the ad
    Last edited by stang1101; 08-12-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I can buy a $20k car lol. I just don't want to overpay on something. I offered them $11 then $11,500 cash.
    As Smittro asked, is their price in the ballpark for what it books at? When I bought out WS.6 the seller came down by $1,000 from his asking price -- after I went over in hyper detail all the items that needed attention.

I still paid a bit over book -- but we checked around for what other T/A's were listing for and the price did not seem bad in comparison. Plus, the car was super clean inside and out and we just plain wanted a WS.6.

As Smittro asked, is their price in the ballpark for what it books at? When I bought out WS.6 the seller came down by $1,000 from his asking price -- after I went over in hyper detail all the items that needed attention.

I still paid a bit over book -- but we checked around for what other T/A's were listing for and the price did not seem bad in comparison. Plus, the car was super clean inside and out and we just plain wanted a WS.6.
    The car is good and KBB is $10,500. It just seems I see these cars never selling for blue book though...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The car is good and KBB is $10,500. It just seems I see these cars never selling for blue book though...

Higher or lower? The ones I looked at were all listed higher. My feeling was that they are not making them anymore... and now it is almost certain that they may never make them again.

If the prices you found are lower, the cars have probably had the snot run out of them. I'd have to check my KBB printout, but I believe I was within $1,000 to $1,500 of book on ours. No regrets at all.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

KBB grossly underrates these cars. They don't take in account the rarity, or future inflation. As we all know, our economy is balls up right now. But it won't be that way forever. And those people that DO get a low mile stock WS6 are going to have a great investment in a few years.

I've always heard to use NADA over KBB. Always.

I paid $9000 for my WS6 with a full Borla Catback, new suspension, and a lid. 136k on the Chassis, but a brand new LS1 with only 13k on it. The only problems were a flooded tail light housing, a grinding headlight gear, door panel cracks, and a failed passenger window and antenna motor.

Higher or lower? The ones I looked at were all listed higher. My feeling was that they are not making them anymore... and now it is almost certain that they may never make them again.

If the prices you found are lower, the cars have probably had the snot run out of them. I'd have to check my KBB printout, but I believe I was within $1,000 to $1,500 of book on ours. No regrets at all.
    I meant it seems around here, people are asking much much more than KBB. The car is not perfect, has 2 small dents, and some minor scratches. However, like you said they don't make them anymore, so I'm not sure if I will find another like this.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I meant it seems around here, people are asking much much more than KBB. The car is not perfect, has 2 small dents, and some minor scratches. However, like you said they don't make them anymore, so I'm not sure if I will find another like this.

It's a decision that you have to live with -- but for the $500 difference, I think it would be sitting in my driveway. Especially having low mileage.

It's a decision that you have to live with -- but for the $500 difference, I think it would be sitting in my driveway. Especially having low mileage.
    we'll I figure with taxes, plates and those door panels I'll be now at $13k. I hate these decisions

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I paid 14,000 for my 2000 WS6 two weeks ago but I had to drive 3 hours to get it. It has 27,000 miles on it, is black and a 6 speed as well. I had owned a 2000 that I bought new and when I traded it on my GTO in 2006 I said that I would buy another TA in the future. Fast forward to today and I have that car. The previous posts are correct, there will be no new Trans Am's ever again. If you buy one, go into it with your eyes open. Read the forums and find out what can go wrong and be ready to walk away from a car you don't think is worth the price or is beyond your means to repair. 12,000 doen't sound too bad to me. Just my .02.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by NavyTATwo View Post
    I paid 14,000 for my 2000 WS6 two weeks ago but I had to drive 3 hours to get it. It has 27,000 miles on it, is black and a 6 speed as well. I had owned a 2000 that I bought new and when I traded it on my GTO in 2006 I said that I would buy another TA in the future. Fast forward to today and I have that car. The previous posts are correct, there will be no new Trans Am's ever again. If you buy one, go into it with your eyes open. Read the forums and find out what can go wrong and be ready to walk away from a car you don't think is worth the price or is beyond your means to repair. 12,000 doen't sound too bad to me. Just my .02.

Scott
    Was that out the door, or before taxes?

2011 Prius

I would still buy it...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Where is it for sale at? I could drive down there and take a look at it. We can see how it sizes up to mine...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

12k is not a bad price for a real ws6 with 38k miles on it. Even with door panels missing. But in an economy like this where its soo freaking hard to sell a car i dont see why a seller wouldnt come down 500 bucks if someone had cash in hand.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Gay. Who asks for 12 and won't take 11.5?? Cashhh??!! .. When I was buying my ss it was listed at twelve and I offered the guy 8 lol clean as hell but he was in a bind and I knew I had the upper hand.. He said no to 8 and 8.5 so I told him all I have is 9 (cash) he called me the next day and said it was mine.. Real cool guy actually
    Ps the car had 60K miles and a catbak and lid. Super clean tho. Leather not a single tare all those wonderful options.

But to be honest I was willing to digg up another grand if need be.. Moral of the story is you know how much ur willing to pay with out feeling like an idiot u know what u want. So be patient and get what u want .. 12G is still a nice chunk of change u know

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i cant see paying 12 G's for a car that needs work, even if it only has 38K on it.....You wouldnt pay full price for anything else you wanted to buy if it was missing some part of it. Would you pay for a whole meal if your just gonna get the fries?

It does have the door panels, just one side is cracked.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information