Thread: Security light

Mexican-American Muscle

Security light

mine is on, and i've cleaned the key and even got a new one, still is on, anyone know how to turn it off???? thanks

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I think the BCM or Body Control Module is on it's way out.

blue
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    mine is on, and i've cleaned the key and even got a new one, still is on, anyone know how to turn it off???? thanks
    when you say you got a new one do you mean a new key or a new ignition cylinder ... the reason why i asked is cause mine use to do that at first than the car would not start all the time.. the problem was the ignition cylinder on the vats end of it aperantly one of the the 2 wires that comes off the cylinder to the vats control modual becomes loose than eventually brakes off .. now the correct solution for this is to get a whole new cylinder and refish the vats wire down your colume and reconnect it to the vats control modual... well let me say that is a roal pain .. the next time it happens to me i am going to just get a vats bypass modual and use that ... but if you end up wanting to keep the system and you change the cylinder than take this suggestion ... disconnect the vats wiring at the bottom of the steering wheel colume than take the ignition cylinder out, cut the vats wires off .. reall good and tight tape the ends of the new cylinder wires to it and slowly pull from the bottom wires .. that might help fishing it through ,,,

Sometimes it's the small wires off the ign cyl broken and pelet resistance not communicating with the BCM. You can repair it, or do a VATS bypass: www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61262 Generally if it fails with the car on the light will come on and car will still start, or flash and go off after a few min. Whatever the case my advice is to get it fixed or bypass it because eventually it might leave you stranded.

Mexican-American Muscle
    thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it

Thread Information