Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: screwed up

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

screwed up

was showing off to friends tonite after having a few drinks....went too fast on a right turn and hit an island on the left side of the car...left front tire is now flat... steering is horrible and left fender and sideskirt is screwed and rubs against tire when turning...basicially the car is undrivable...should i take it to a dealer and have it fixed? im not sure what i should do but i really learned my lesson tonite. please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...just got my car a few weeks ago and i feel like total shit for doing this to her.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Do you have full coverage insurance? Call them if you do and tell them that you were ran off the road or something to that effect. see what they say, otherwies Take it to a well known body shop and get it fixed. You can turn it into your insurance company if you have full coverage as long as the repair is more than your detuctable. If its not then dont use your insurance and pay out of pocket because your premium could go up. If you don't have full coverage you will just have to pay out of your pocket. Eitherway dont say you were showing off.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Wow.. good to learn that lesson though and not get hurt. Glad you or anyone else isn't hurt, sorry about the car though!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

3 posts and you are confiding in your fellow LS1.com members and seeking advice about drinking and driving????

Some things never cease to amaze me.

My advice would be "STOP BREAKING THE LAW A$$ HOLE!!!!!!!!!-----

----
    ----
    ---
    ---
    lighten up--- It's a quote from the movie "Liar Liar"

But seriously-- WTF were you thinking?

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

No pitty from here but take it like a man and fix it yourself.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Pay the price and have it fixed.

Black
    2001 WS6

sucks man. i will never drink and drive

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

that sucks... I drove so drunk one time.... lucky nothing happend.... I dont even remember driving, I thought my friend drove us home....

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

looking at the car this morning the driver side rim is bent, the tire isn't bent inward but is pushed back towards the rear, the whole fender needs to be replaced and maybe the sideskirt too. anyone know what else could possibly be damaged inside? and the cost?

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

I cant tell without looking at it, maybe bent control arms or even bent frame (unibody) possible tie rods. Just take it to a body shop most of them will give free estimates. That way you will know for sure what you need.

red
    1998 pontiac transam ws6

hey bro sorry about the car, i got a mercedes a while back from the auction that had been hit up against a curb (it was really bad) im not sure how bad yours is , im not a mecanic but i could tell you with my experience getting that car fixed , DO NOT CUT CONERS , fix every part that needs to be change at the same time bec it will cost you more in the long run , on tires and other parts going bad bec of it ! thats just my advice but do what you gotta do man. good luck!

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

common, you know better than to drink and drive. your lucky no one was hurt.

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

man... that sucks. My buddy pulled the same thing with his Z28. We had to replace the fender, tie rod, wheel bearing, and the steering knuckle, and got an alignment... cost about $550 (before paint, and new rim/tire). Not really hard work if you know anything about cars. (Get as many parts as you can from autozone, pepboys, etc.... the same parts from the dealer are 5x times as much... but unfortunately some can only be had through the dealer or a bone yard)

How hard did you hit???... I'd be really surprised if there was any frame damage.

Get the car on a lift, or jack stands... you should be able to easily see what parts or bent,cracked, snapped, etc... Just look it over thoroughly. I would remove the skirt and fender, then just replace what looks broken, get it aligned... and see how she feels

Even if it seems OK, I would recommend changing the hub/wheel bearing assembly... as they can fail unexpectedly after taking a hit like that.....

Keep your fingers crossed that you didn't do any damage to your steering rack.

Good luck....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

The paint shop will more than likely replace the fender, side skirt and front clip, sounds like you need a new rim too-easily over $1000 of shit. Hope they don't find any suspension damage-i suggest you tell insurance.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Pay to have the car fixed and sell it to someone that will take care of it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

quick update

just got my car back yesterday its been at the dealership for a whole month. this is what was done:

Fender
    Sideskirt
    Lower control arm
    Stabilizer bar
    Crossmember
    Hood, fender, skideskirt paint match
    2 OEM rims

total bill: $7000

i am not totally happy with their service as they took a whole month to do the job. they claimed that the crossmember needed to be replaced when it came time to do the alignment. which added about $2500 to the bill which i think is ridiculous. i mean how do i really know that they replaced it?

also i asked for the damaged rims back and they tried to charge me a $50 core charge for each rim? again ridiculous, i have to pay to get MY rims back that i paid for when i bought the car?

the sideskirt is not aligned properly and has some wrinkles along the top edge which is noticible when up close.

fender also isnt aligned properly.

and to top it all of...when i picked up the car it was not fully detailed. the inside was dusty as hell and looked like they just took a dry towel and quickly wipe down the interior.

Definitely will be taking the car back to them

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

LOL!!! That was a costly show off. Hope you paid Cash!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

why oh why would you have any of that done at a dealer??? Also, everybody knows that if something needs fixed-UPGRADE IT don't go back to stock. Seriously... an after market k member would have been like $800 and done a better job, same with the other suspension shit.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by freshadenamufcka View Post
    just got my car back yesterday its been at the dealership for a whole month. this is what was done:

Fender
    Sideskirt
    Lower control arm
    Stabilizer bar
    Crossmember
    Hood, fender, skideskirt paint match
    2 OEM rims

total bill: $7000

i am not totally happy with their service as they took a whole month to do the job. they claimed that the crossmember needed to be replaced when it came time to do the alignment. which added about $2500 to the bill which i think is ridiculous. i mean how do i really know that they replaced it?

also i asked for the damaged rims back and they tried to charge me a $50 core charge for each rim? again ridiculous, i have to pay to get MY rims back that i paid for when i bought the car?

the sideskirt is not aligned properly and has some wrinkles along the top edge which is noticible when up close.

fender also isnt aligned properly.

and to top it all of...when i picked up the car it was not fully detailed. the inside was dusty as hell and looked like they just took a dry towel and quickly wipe down the interior.

Definitely will be taking the car back to them
    holy fuck dude... are you retarded!? you should have paid your deductable to the insurance company and be done with it... why the hell would you EVER take a car to get fixed by a stealer ship?!?!?

did you say anything to them!? i hope you grow a set and go back there and bitch and demand a refund...

Thread Information