Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Unhappy A sad sad weekend

Well, I traded in the t/a this weekend. It was going to be in need of an overhaul in the near future and to build the engine up to what I would like would have been around $8k, and that was without even touching the tranny or suspension. I just couldn't justify shelling out that kinda dough when the wife and I are trying to save up for a house. On the up side I am now the proud owner of a 2007 silverado. It's the first NEW vehicle I have ever owned. I love the new truck but miss the car like crazy. I know in the future after I have a house and a garage to keep it, I will replace my beloved car with one even nicer. Damn... being responsible sucks.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

Quote Originally Posted by imflyn View Post
    Well, I traded in the t/a this weekend. It was going to be in need of an overhaul in the near future and to build the engine up to what I would like would have been around $8k, and that was without even touching the tranny or suspension. I just couldn't justify shelling out that kinda dough when the wife and I are trying to save up for a house. On the up side I am now the proud owner of a 2007 silverado. It's the first NEW vehicle I have ever owned. I love the new truck but miss the car like crazy. I know in the future after I have a house and a garage to keep it, I will replace my beloved car with one even nicer. Damn... being responsible sucks.
    about 5 years ago i traded in my wife and bought 98 T/A.

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

That's some funny shit. I'm still agonizing over it. The biggest issue was that even after spending all that money on the engine, then the trans would go, then the rear end would go, it wouldn't hook w/o suspension work, the car still had stock 16" wheels, plus the previous owner had been in an accident with it. So when I do build up a t/a, I want it to be a clean one that won't need so much cosmetic work on top of the go fast goodies.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

im in the process of rebuilding mine now. i had a machine shop inspect my block and heads but i am doing the rest myself. then i want to find another tranny before next winter and rebuild it myself. never rebuilt a tranny but i can fix just about anything if i put my mind to it. drive it for about another year and i'll prolly park it to give my daughter when she is old enough and responsible enough to handle the power of it.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I tried something like that when I sold my 02 WS6 and bought a 03 Alero. The WS6 didn't need work, but I was trying to get out of debt and save some money. It lasted about half a year and I sold the Alero and bought my 01 T/A that I still drive and won't give up. Good luck, you'll need it!

Artic White
    2002 Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I tried something like that when I sold my 02 WS6 and bought a 03 Alero. The WS6 didn't need work, but I was trying to get out of debt and save some money. It lasted about half a year and I sold the Alero and bought my 01 T/A that I still drive and won't give up. Good luck, you'll need it!
    I did the same thing sold my 00 WS6 just to try and save some cash but 3 months later i was in driving home in my 02 WS6. Its a lot harder than people realize.

Lubricant
    You'll be back!

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

aw sorry to hear that
    i can understand not wanting to drop that kinda money when ure lookin to save for a house. good luck with everything

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Lubricant View Post
    You'll be back!
    That's a given. The question is how long? Once the truck is paid off and we have a house I'll be in the market again for sure.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

??????????????????????
    trying to save for a house so i'll buy a new truck? did i miss something?

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I did the same thing. I sold my formula and bought a ford ranger to save money for a house. I got bored with my truck and now have a 02 ws6 and no house. Good luck!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    ??????????????????????
    trying to save for a house so i'll buy a new truck? did i miss something?
    The car wasn't paid off. If it had been it would be a no brainer! To pay off the car plus build the engine would have been almost as much as the truck was (2007 Silverado 2x4 v6 ext. cab, base model, so it was a good price). We've been working hard to pay off UNSECURED debt and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Payments on a new truck look way better than 10 grand on a credit card. Plus, it seemed like we were always borrowing our parent's truck left and right. Now we have something much more practical and not an ass load of credit card debt. Trust me, it was a hard decision but in the long run this will work out better. As I stated before the t/a I had was previously wrecked and needed some cosmetic touchups. Next time around I'll find one that's the color I like and in much better condition (non-smoker, good paint, etc.)

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

ha, that's funny agent, i sold my ranger for my formula........

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by rbrtlux View Post
    about 5 years ago i traded in my wife and bought 98 T/A.
    bitches aint shit

Black
    2002 TA

Trans Am !!!

I had to sell my 1998 Trans Am 3 years ago when money was tight . I just replaced it 2 weeks ago with a 2002 WS6 Ram Air with only 2,600 miles on it . Best move I have made in a long time. There is nothing like driving a new Trans Am . Give it time you will find another Ta down the road . Being responsible does suck .

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

I sold my way modded 94 Z a day before I got married (about 2-1/2 years ago). It was one of the worst days in my life. I then bought a 2001 Silverado Z71. I lifted it and did a bunch of other "off road" crap to it. The thrill just wasn't there...I got rid of a 11 second screamer for a lifted up brick that could barely pull it's self down the highway. Sure it looked cool but it was lame to drive. After months of whining to the "wife" she realized that I will never be happy without a "fast car", and thats when I bought my 02 TA. I'll never look back. You think it's painful now...just wait till you see all the guy's hanging out with their cars and all you have is your nice but "plain" truck.

Like some of the other guys said...you'll be back...

Pewter
    99 Firehawk convertable

Thumbs up Sad day

I,m a new member sort off I had to reply. 1st bought house $75,ooo 2nd bought firehawk $19,ooo 3rd bought wife $14.95 marriage license. None of the above need rebuilt yet. Just a little humor. Serious side $5,000 down will give you a good start on a new house,that's what we started with good luck.............

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Rare99Firehawk View Post
    I,m a new member sort off I had to reply. 1st bought house $75,ooo 2nd bought firehawk $19,ooo 3rd bought wife $14.95 marriage license. None of the above need rebuilt yet. Just a little humor. Serious side $5,000 down will give you a good start on a new house,that's what we started with good luck.............
    14.95 for a wife I think we all know they cost more than that Thanks for the isnspiration.

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Just thought I would show you guys some pics of the new truck. Cleaned it up real nice yesterday!
    Attachment 10764

Attachment 10765

Attachment 10766

Attachment 10767

Attachment 10768

Thread Information