Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1995 Firebird

Review on U.S. Exotics WS9 Hood

I haven't installed the hood yet but did pick up up today. I would like to say anyone thinking whether or not to buy a hood from him I'd have to say go for it! The quality of this hood is beyond incredible and the pictures he provides does not give it justice. Nicely precut, great finish, and the grills he has installed on it on are great and so on. Very light and durable feeling. His communication was very great and shipping was only $97.24 (varies for everyone obviously) since I had it shipped to the nearest terminal and not to my house since it would have been more.

For those who don't know what i'm talking about it is made/sold by Roger or aka U.S. Exotics, and it's basically a Ram Air hood and the heat extractors from the Firehawk mixed and can be found by searching "WS9, U.S. Exotics" and such on Ebay. He has an auction for one every so often on Ebay so just check often. Well just thought i'd share (not sure if this is the right section). He has a auction going right now and has plenty of pictures on his auctions plus he has a online album of more pictures. (not sure if he'd want me to link so you might want to ask him). Well I just thought i'd share.

Here is a link to a auction that is going on right now that ends the March 30th.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WS9-h...spagenameZWDVW

Few example pictures

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'm gonna be picking up the same hood from him in a few weeks.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

+1. Amazing hood. I love it.
    1998 Trans Am, A4, SLP Loudmouth I, US Exotics WS9 ram air hood, Volant intake, 3.23's, 70k miles

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

I dont get it, your paying more money for two more holes in your hood?

it looks great but not enough difference between stock and that one for me to even notice really.

looks good though, i'd consider it if i had a trans am and was looking for a WS.6 hood.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post

it looks great but not enough difference between stock and that one for me to even notice really.

looks good though, i'd consider it if i had a trans am and was looking for a WS.6 hood.
    More money than what? I got this hood cheaper than almost every other hood on Ebay and much, much cheaper than I could get a stock ram air hood.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post

You paid like at least $4,000 extra for some 17' wheels, a hood, amd some stickers. What's your point?

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by vannatte View Post
    More money than what? I got this hood cheaper than almost every other hood on Ebay and much, much cheaper than I could get a stock ram air hood.
    I was thinking the same thing when I thought it. Plus the quality of this versus other ram air hoods from what i've seen/heard is not comparable. I also do like the heat extractors.

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Only way I'd buy one is if I had a stock non ram-air hood and wanted to upgrade to either a WS6 hood or the WS9 one. The WS9 looks great for people in that situation. I wouldn't change out my WS6 hood for the WS9 one though. I like original and that's the way it's staying no matter how many holes they put in it.
    1999 BLACK WS6 RAM AIR TRANS AM A4 (1 of 274 WS6 coupe Canada only models)

ASC conversion date: 6/10/99
    ASC build# : 4310 of 5007
    Hood Sequence #74992V

w/over (50) performance & appearance mods!!!

My Albums: http://community.webshots.com/user/kenawink

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

I have that hood on my TA and I love the looks. But I think its starting to warp a tiny bit...maybe it was from the previous owner.

black trans am

i have a non ws6 and thats what i wanted its about 3k more for thw ws6 pag all u get is a hood wheels air box base lil big bigger sway bars lil lit better shocks, i want to get the ws9 hood but not sure yet im thinking about trying to pull the stock looking sleeper t/a if a t/a can be a sleeper

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    i have a non ws6 and thats what i wanted its about 3k more for thw ws6 pag all u get is a hood wheels air box base lil big bigger sway bars lil lit better shocks, i want to get the ws9 hood but not sure yet im thinking about trying to pull the stock looking sleeper t/a if a t/a can be a sleeper
    ...also better exhaust and resale value

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    You paid like at least $4,000 extra for some 17' wheels, a hood, amd some stickers. What's your point?
    i dont think thats the point he was tryin to make. he means, the differance between the ws9 hood and the ws6 hood is just the firehawk extractors yet they charge $150 more.
    and in regards to your comment...that hood, 17" rims, and some stickers make it far more valuable than your run of the mill T/A so i hope your not tryin to compare the 2 as equal.

what is it with reguler t/a owners getting all bent when the WS.6 topic comes up...."its just a reguler t/a with a hood and wheels...its nothing special" if i had a nickel for every time i heard that statement....
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

back to the op's topic. . .
    awesome to hear! i've been lookin at this hood or us exotics' other hood the superhawk hood. hopin to get a descent deal. Post some pics as soon as you get it on!!

Quote Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
    i dont think thats the point he was tryin to make. he means, the differance between the ws9 hood and the ws6 hood is just the firehawk extractors yet they charge $150 more.
    this hood usually sells for between $600-$700 (sometimes less than that), . . . about half the price of a oem ws6 hood. i think your thinkin of a suncoast hood.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    this hood usually sells for between $600-$700 (sometimes less than that), . . . about half the price of a oem ws6 hood. i think your thinkin of a suncoast hood.
    no...im reffering to the differance between the U.S. exotics ws9 hood and an after market ws.6 hood not OEM. nothing compares to the Quality of an OEM hood.

no...im reffering to the differance between the U.S. exotics ws9 hood and an after market ws.6 hood not OEM. nothing compares to the Quality of an OEM hood.
    most of the aftermarket hoods ive seen are around the same price but you can find some lower quality ones for less (ive seen some for 330, but very poor quality). us exotics has a good rep on quality so i dont think theres much difference in price for the quality your gettin (may not be oem but is better than most). suncoasts ws6 hood usually sells around 800 bucks, close to a grand with heat extractors!! they aint gettin my money!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

and in regards to your comment...that hood, 17" rims, and some stickers make it far more valuable than your run of the mill T/A so i hope your not tryin to compare the 2 as equal.

what is it with reguler t/a owners getting all bent when the WS.6 topic comes up...."its just a reguler t/a with a hood and wheels...its nothing special" if i had a nickel for every time i heard that statement....
    Maybe I did miss his point. Run of the mill, hardly. What's your car run?

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Maybe I did miss his point. Run of the mill, hardly. What's your car run?
    the TT car was just completed, no numbers as of yet....the Formula went 13.3@106 with a lid.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

How long did it take for Roger to get your hood done? I ordered a Superhawk hood from him about a month ago and I was just wondering how long it took for you to get yours. I emailed him about a week ago to ask him how much longer he thought it would be but I still haven't got a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan6916 View Post
    How long did it take for Roger to get your hood done? I ordered a Superhawk hood from him about a month ago and I was just wondering how long it took for you to get yours. I emailed him about a week ago to ask him how much longer he thought it would be but I still haven't got a response.
    mine took about 4-5 weeks i believe. . . he should have yours done soon

Thread Information