Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Removing Stock Seatbelts

This coming winter my project is going to be "freshening up" the interior of the Trans Am. Here's what I have in the works:

- New Carpet
    - 6-Point Roll Cage
    - Racing Style Seats
    - 5-Point Harnesses
    - New Stereo System (everything from head unit to speakers)

The only snag I'm hitting on is what to do with the stock seat belts for the front seats (I've already removed the rear seats and seat belts). Should I leave them in (illegal to use anything but stock seat belts on the street) or take them out and use my harness as my everyday seatbelt?
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    This coming winter my project is going to be "freshening up" the interior of the Trans Am. Here's what I have in the works:

- New Carpet
    - 6-Point Roll Cage
    - Racing Style Seats
    - 5-Point Harnesses

The only snag I'm hitting on is what to do with the stock seat belts for the front seats (I've already removed the rear seats and seat belts). Should I leave them in (illegal to use anything but stock seat belts on the street) or take them out and use my harness as my everyday seatbelt?
    i would just take them out inless you get a dick for a cop depending on were you live im sure you could get it to slide or just pay the ticket i think its like 20 here haha

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

if you're using a harness you should be fine... BUT i would leave them in cause inspeciton might give you shit for removing origional safty equipment...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

- New Carpet
    - 6-Point Roll Cage
    - Racing Style Seats
    - 5-Point Harnesses

i think no oem seatbelts would look better but for many reasons it would be better to keep them..what you could do is see if the seat belts will fit behind the interior panel..there is a big piece of Styrofoam behind it and i am sure you could cut a small part out to hold the actual clip part of the belt....you know what i am trying to say ?

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

- New Carpet
    - 6-Point Roll Cage
    - Racing Style Seats
    - 5-Point Harnesses

When you go to install that new carpet, make sure the finished / bound edge is located at the rear of the car. Don't ask me how I know this. . .

Rip

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

i would say leave them in the car, with the racing style seats the belt wont be run through the guide as it is on the stock one so the belt should retract all the way up to the pillar. when not in use they should just rest right up against the pillar and pretty much be outta sight outta mind

Red
    98 Trans Am

^^ kinda. THey still run under next to the seat on the bottem but not too bad. I had to replace the loops in my car and had to go with the ones with the slit in them, THe seatbelts are always coming out of them. I think im coming turn them upside down so they stoip doing that lol

Thread Information