Thread: Removed my TCS

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Removed my TCS

Whats up guys. I know a lot of people have asked about this and I didn't have the money for the HP Tuners software yet so I just did this: Removed gauge cluster and removed TCS bulb.(had to crush it because it was soldered on) and I removed the "skip shift" bulb too while I was in there. Bought a cable for a non TCS car part #12565560. I have a serious pet peeve about dash lights on and now I can drive at night with out my trac off light gleaming in my eye and my skip shift light flashing every two seconds. Still have to get a cruise cable, I'll update with that part # soon. Even if some one has the software to disable it I would highly recommend swapping cables anyway. The throttle feels so much better with out 6 feet of cable and a bunch of pulleys. It may be in my head but I don't think so. Any way I'm pretty happy with the results, hope this helps.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Sounds like a lot of work but good job! Im really glad my car doesnt have a TCS at all, you made the right choice.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i would have just put black electrical tape on the back side of the cluster or over the bulb itself and saved myself the pain of busting up electrical components. but that's just me...

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Ahhh, It was easy. The cluster bezel just unsnaps and the cluster is held in by 4 screws,no trouble at all. Took about 20 minutes to do. All you have to do is clip the bulb off. It's not like your hacking the shit out of your circuit board. I'll never have a need for either of those bulbs so putting tape on it that will eventually melt off or dry out is pointless in my opinion.

Thread Information