Red
    2002 T/A WS6

Rear end pronlems

So the other day I ran against this youngster that kept bragging about his 4.6 pony it had a few bolt on's but he was sure it would beat my t/a so I finally ran him... I launched off about 3 lengths Shen I shifted I heard some noise out my rear end like if I had ran over an aluminum can but I continued full throttle and went on to third I got him pretty bad enough that the guy didn't stop down my block anymore well I ignored the noise from rear end since the car was running fine and no noise was coming out the rear end by when I got home I smelled gear oil got under and sAw that something shot out thru the rear end cover... HELP... The car has extended warranty and the car has less than a thousand miles since I bought it last nov. I hardly drive... Ya think warranty will cover it???? he he he....

Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

same thing happened to me once...all the shit inside the diff. came apart and made a huge hole in my diff. cover,all the fluid came out and the gears locked up...luckily, i had a warranty too, they should cover it ;P i even convinced them to let me put on an aluminum rear end "gurdle" cover too...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Your warranty should cover it. They could reject the claim if they send an inspector and they see you've done some mods. Do you have any mods??

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

oh...and post a picture. I'd like to see the damage

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    oh...and post a picture. I'd like to see the damage

+1. Haven't seen a good rear end blow out since Hi-Po grenaded his.

OP: Read your extended warranty -- all of it. I have had to challenge a few of these in the past as coverage has been denied for various reasons. Make sure your claim is not excluded in some manner by the language of the contract. A lot of them do contain provisions that preclude coverage on vehicles that have been "after-factory modified".

Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

yeah, but if your car is all stock, and it would be cheaper and last longer to upgrade to aftermarket, you can probably talk them into it...my rear end broke like 3 times before i convinced the warranty insurance co. to let me put on a mac rear end "gurdle", and i was right, no problems ever since then. i would try and convince them to put on a 12 bolt if i were you, hehe

Thread Information