Red
    2001 WS6

Ready to MOD! Maybe

Hey guys this is the first time i have posted here but i have been to the board many times. First off ill tell you about my car it is a 2001 TA WS6 auto with 23,300 miles i bought it when i was 17 and now i am 20 and i have had it paid off for about 9 months. Well, over the past 9 months i managed to save up $16,000. I have a couple questions first what would you guys do with $16,000? My first thought is mod the TA or buy a C5. But if i went the C5 route i would be up a shit creek on insurance because i am 20.And plan on keeping theh TA. I would prefer the Corvette over modding the TA because i would like to have 2 nice cars. I dont plan on getting the Corvette till mid summer so i have a good 7 months to save up some more cash. just wondering what you guys think thanks. CLint

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Stall convertor, lid, SFC and off you go......

02 Blk T/A WS6
    well if i were you this is what i whould do.

i whould do like Hurley seid and get the stall,lid,subframe and atleast a catback and hold off on anything else till mid summer.that will give you a chance to see how you feel about modding the ta and give you more time to think about the c5.if you feel at that time you want to finish the TA well youll have more cash on hand,but if you feel you still want a c5 you whouldnt have dumped alot into the ta so it wont hurt the pocket book that bad at all.

well thats my opinion anyhow good luck bud

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by clint195
    Well, over the past 9 months i managed to save up $16,000.
    wow, i need to get a new job. i GROSSED 12k this year!

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

clint are you a street pharmacist......j/k

Red
    2001 WS6

Nope i work 2 jobs and still live with my parents. Dont get me wrong i pay for eveything myself. Any ways thanks for the imput guys

Red
    2001 WS6

Hey NE98ls1 where in nebraksa do you live? I live in Schuyler, Nebraska maybe we could meet up some time.

White
    1998 Trans Am

wow, here i was just gonna blaim the fact you made more money than me on the fact wages in nebraska are so low, but there goes that theory! ps, i pm'd ya clint!

Awaiting Activation
    Drop a procharger in it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i seriously would not have a T/a and vette @ 20...dude, mom and dad ain't gonna be room and board forever...i dont' care what you pay for, eventually you need your own place. In fact, with 16K in the bank, i'd say get a fuckin house! put 5K down on the house, drop another 2/3K in makin it "your place" [decour, kitchen, electronics etc] and then use the left over cash to mod the T/a with. Your insurance will drop if you own a home too.

with all that cash in the bank and a t/a since your teens-you definatly have a head on your shoulders. But did you consider college at all? i mean, 2 jobs is 'OK' but if you went to college and got 1 real job you'd make more cash.

good luck, man

Black
    02 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i seriously would not have a T/a and vette @ 20...dude, mom and dad ain't gonna be room and board forever...i dont' care what you pay for, eventually you need your own place. In fact, with 16K in the bank, i'd say get a fuckin house! put 5K down on the house, drop another 2/3K in makin it "your place" [decour, kitchen, electronics etc] and then use the left over cash to mod the T/a with. Your insurance will drop if you own a home too.

with all that cash in the bank and a t/a since your teens-you definatly have a head on your shoulders. But did you consider college at all? i mean, 2 jobs is 'OK' but if you went to college and got 1 real job you'd make more cash.

good luck, man
    Wow I sense a bit of anger there. Dude I was 17 when I bought my trans am and so I totally know where hes coming from. I actually regret it sometimes. because I had so many people give me shit like that and I worked my ass off for my car. You might not know his situation. But I'm in agreence with you. If i was in his postion I would w ant to get an apartment. But to each his own.

The cost of living must be really cheap around there to only put a 5k downpayment on a house. Because around here it atleast has to be 15k .

A little free advice.Buy a house in you price range now.Put what ever down you have to in order to buy ,look in your price range.You already have a nice car.Later down the road you will be glad.I did and now I only have a few years left to pay on mine.Start early.
    01 ws6,silver,auto with yank 4000 stall,B&M trans cooler,DTS 12 bolt ,3:73,DTS support cover,complete BMR chrome moly suspension bolts on's including panhard bar,adjustable torque arm,tubular control arms,driveshaft loop,strut bar,optima red top battery,k&n,slp lid,bg ram air mod,Mac headers,off road y pipe,magnflow catback,MSD wires,NGK plugs,smooth bellows,slp mass air flow,throttle body coolant by pass,160 stat,
    2.02 1.575 manly racemaster valves with fully polished and ported heads Trend Fully hardend pushrods, COMP TI retainers, Dual Valve spring's
    custom comp 228 236 588 578 114 ,ARP hardware,New Z06 gaskets.432rwhp/388tq.

Thread Information