Thread: ramairhood.com

Arctic Blue Pearl
    2002 Acura RSX Type-S

ramairhood.com

what do you guys think about buying a ram air hood from www.ramairhood.com. For $1,135.00 you get a painted WS6 hood, vent grills, decals, aribox and a high flow filter. Good deal or waste of money
    Last edited by hermy454; 09-14-2006 at 07:49 PM.

It would depend on the quality of the hood and the paint. They can say what they want in an ad but it doesn't mean it will be right. But truthfully the factory hoods in some cases didn't fit that great and the paint definately left room for improvement.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I got a ramair hood some someone else from someplace painted to match. Black on top of all colors. They used PPG paint and since his car was not sun faded, garaged a lot, it matched perfectly. The only downside, could not use the stock hood struts and he has to use a prop bar. Check before you order and see if they can use the stock hood struts

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I had one of their hoods on my 02 and it didn't fit the greatest. It came up a bit short in the front. I did have to use a prop rod and had to remove the stuts which wasn't to big of a deal to me. The thing I didn't like is that is shakes really bad and and flexes alot. I looks like it's going to buckel when you get some cross wind at high speed. I had a local shop paint mine so I can't comment on their paint quality. It also doesn't have the line around the ram air scoops like the factory hood either. It's not a bad option, but I wouldn't buy another one.

Thread Information