SOM
    1998 Trans Am

ram air air box?

I see this on ebay (#130141172048) its the ram air air box, the guy says he will sell it to me for 100$ Ive already got an SLP lid (so im wondering if I can use it with the ram air box) ive also got the ram air hood on the way. I was just wonderin if it is a good deal or what? ive seen them go on ebay for like 200$+ What do you guys say? Also if this is not the best route to go, can you tell me what would be best to get? thanks

Black
    1998 Trans Am

See if you can get pics of the underside of the box. Supposedly, the Ram Air has larger openings, and slightly taller. However, a guy here locally had one for sale, and the ONLY difference between his and my stock box was the yellow sticker. I've since looked at a couple of WS6's and can see no visible difference. Either I got lucky from the factory, or there is no difference. I don't have the Ram Air hood, and it clears normal. I figured I'd save my money towards an SLP or K&N. Good Luck.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

The R/A Box does sit alittle taller and does have a larger opening at the front compated to the stock box. I know I bought a WS6 air box from the dealership and it woudnt fit under my new Mecham hood. The R/A box does flow alot more air than the stock box does. Go to page 2 and click on Ram Air Power question and check out vertibirds set up, I think Ill go with his same type of set up also.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

The box and the lid are two different parts guys. Only the airbox/radiator support is different on a WS6 car (yes it has a taller opening) You used to be able to get them from GM for around $100
    But unless you have a debaffled the hood it is not worth the money to buy one for a 3-4 hp gain above 100mph
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

so what should I get to go under the WS6 hood?

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Just get an aftermarket air lid if you don't already have one.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

ya I got a SLP lid. Is there anyway to make my stock box like a ram air box? or just dont bother at all?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I took a Drimil and cut out the front of my stock air box about an inch or so taller, all the way across. Also had to cut out some of the bracket on the filter. Im not sure how much of differnce there was I did other mods at the same time, I also cut out the runners on the top of the stock air lid.

Thread Information