radiator v6 or v8

I needed a radiator for my WS6 and it seems like the 5.7 v8 radiator is wrong. went to a couple of different parts places. The v8 version has a heater hose connection on the lower left side of the car. The v6 model is correct. what gives?

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Definitely sounds strange. What year is your car and are you certain that it was born a V8 and not converted at some time during it's life?

On my 2002 WS6 the left side (driver) radiator hose enters at the top of the tank. That hose comes from the top of the water pump on the passenger side of the engine compartment, crosses over the top of the fans and includes the inline power steering cooler. The other hose on the right (passenger) side enters the radiator tank toward the bottom. That hose comes from the thermostat housing. There are two smaller hoses that enter the radiator just below the radiator cap (passenger side). One hose is for the overflow tank and the other is for the throttle body preheater. If this does not sound like yours, please post photos so we can see what you are dealing with.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

This does sound odd... the connections should be as described by Steve. Wonder if it is some sort of "universal fit" that can be installed in a number of models. Does the radiator come with a cap or block off for the extra outlet?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like the Spectra I just looked up at Autozone is outfitted as John posted: Spectra Premium/Radiator C1486 at AutoZone.com

My guess is that can easily be capped with a heater hose cap (usually found in the Help! section on the racks).

WTH?

radiator

Its a 2002 CE so it came with a v8 for sure. I looked at some pics on the internet and found out that the port on the bottom left is for the lt1 engine. You could cap it but I wouldnt. Those help caps are made from chinese junk rubber and rot out quickly. The v6 model is an exact match. Its a mistake the vendor made. I went to different parts houses like napa and autozone and they carry the same incorrect product. So much for QAC

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

That's interesting. Did you buy one yet?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Doesn't sound right to me.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

v6

I originally bought the ls1 v8 model and then returned it for the v6 model. Prefect match. Do you think its hard to believe that a company that makes radiators made a mistake with their number system? Companies make QAC mistakes all the time. The lt1 radiator will fit, I just wont plug a port that is not suppose to be there. What is even worse is the v6 model that does not have the port is more money.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nothing surprises me at the parts stores anymore. I could tell you several great stories about parts they have looked up for me over the years that were just plain wrong, even when they looked them up right.

parts store

In this case its the vendor not the parts store. I went to different parts stores and they sold the same wrong part. typo at the vendor/manufacturer level.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ok -- that makes sense as to why they are all listed incorrectly. Good info!

Thread Information