Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quick Rear/swaybar question

I'll try to make this quick and easy

I've been continually adding mods to the car for a little while now. So far I've made it up to long tubes, ory, strut bar, torque arm. lca's, subframe connectors, slp lid, nice set of Moroso wires. Next up on the list was going to be a sway bar set, shocks, and a rear end girdle. I know a lot of people say that its not worth it just buy the rear end. Well, I'm not planning any more power adders past this point. and I like the fact the the girdles have built in drain ports rather than taking the cover off. Anyways, to the meat of it. Will the sway bars fit in the factory mounts with one, or will i need to purchase the relocation kit? Sorry for the book

White
    1998 Trans Am

I did the spohn sway bar set with my shock and springs and they have a sway bar mount spohn makes to mount their rear sway bar to the stock 10 bolt rear. I got my hole setup from WS6store.com you can check their site and see the mount kit. UMI might have them now and they will probably be cheaper since I.have their LCA, panhard bar set and it was less than the spohn set and great quality but start there and you can see the pics and I love the setup made my car handle.much better than the stock junk GM uses
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

That's a good question I just assumed they would. I can tell you in order to use that drain plug you will need to jack the car up on the sway bar. That's what I had to do to get that allen key in there. Forget about using the fill hole on the cover I had to use the side one which was easy enough(3/8" drive).

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Should clear no problem -- here's a girdle on a 12 bolt with the stock sway bar setup:

White
    1998 Trans Am

Stock rear sorry about the rust but it was my a DD in MA before I decided to mod it. BMR springs, AGX shock's, UMI LCA, panhard bar and relocation brackets with the Spohn sway bar and mount kit with a girdle from Thunder Racing(hate the company but I had a credit and needed gears and the sold me the cover, gears, fluids, and install kit for a decent price to make up for the parts I never received from them.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Have you noticed any ground clearance issues with having the sway bar relocation kit on there? I notice its a bit lower, mine is going to remain stock ride height, it was lowered 3" when I bought it and I wasnt a fan.

White
    1998 Trans Am

The new sway bar mount keep it about stock and the LCA relocation brackets didn't make the car ride any lower. My slings are only a 1.25" drop. The eibach sportlines are the ones that drop the car around 2.5 to 3" and that's not what I like I have had real low cars and they ride rough and bottom out on almost any speed bump or driveway that's why I chose the BMR springs. But the sway bar and LCA brackets won't lower your ride height at least I never noticed any drop from them.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Wasnt so much worried about lowering the ride height of the car so much as the swaybar it self dragging over things

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by UH60Driver View Post
    Wasnt so much worried about lowering the ride height of the car so much as the swaybar it self dragging over things
    The sway bar sits only a little lower than stock since it's larger but it's mounted to the axle so the tired will give it plenty of clearance. I have banged my ory and a few other parts but never scratched the sway bars once.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Yea shouldn't have trouble with your sway bar scratching. I have Eibach pro-kit and Hotchkis swaybar and I have never once scratched my sway bar.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Awesome thanks for the pics and tips all!

Thread Information