Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

possibly selling my WS6 T/A

I might be selling my WS6 Trans Am soon,its a 2000 with a little over 52,000 original miles it is 95 percent
    stock only mods are SLP LID,borla exhaust.CETA mod,shift boot mod sail panel speakers SUPER CLEAN,tires have decent amount oftread left on them,the rims have no curb rash im keeping my in dash cd/dvd player i will put the stock radio back in the car,the car came from the factory with the monsoon system,the car has never been in any accidents,and it has a clear Texas title everything still works great a/c,both seats,both pwr windows,pwr locks,pwr antenna,new water pump,torque arm braket this car runs and drives great it is very well kept,adult owned,adultdriven,its garage kept also.Kelly Blue Book lists my car at $12,500 in excellent condition but mine is in great condition which lists for $11,777 but im asking $10,500 or best reasonable offer on auto trader
    aome ppl are nuts there are 93,94,95 t/a's for $4,000-$7000 in far worse shape i should be asking for more,nut im not nuts

Pewter Metallic

im looking for a 01-02 SOM T/A,with close to the miles i have or lower a C5 Vette or a 05-06 GTO thats why im selling am i
    making a mistake?

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

its a very nice car man..i you really love it, your gonna miss that car,, specially if you are not sure on selling it..
    those options are good.. the SOM T/A is a great choice.. C5 it is as well but if its a C5 ill be looking at the ZO6
    GTOs are bad ass,, but i rather an F BODY instead,,,but thats just me..
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    its a very nice car man..i you really love it, your gonna miss that car,, specially if you are not sure on selling it..
    those options are good.. the SOM T/A is a great choice.. C5 it is as well but if its a C5 ill be looking at the ZO6
    GTOs are bad ass,, but i rather an F BODY instead,,,but thats just me..
    thanks i kinda,thinking on it,i like the Z06,no offense but i dont like manuals so the next car has to be an auto,i kinda want the GTO black or red will suit me
    http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...G/IMAG1370.jpg
    In The Words of Ed Hamburger of SLP "The Muscle Car Is Not Dead"
    Camaro/Trans Am Team....SSuperior Motorsports "Leaders In The Performance World"
    T/Tops on any Trans Am Or Camaro,Just Gives The Car That Distictive Look

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    thanks i kinda,thinking on it,i like the Z06,no offense but i dont like manuals so the next car has to be an auto,i kinda want the GTO black or red will suit me
    GTOs red or black.. look good..i was thinking on gettin that as a second car,, those would be the color i chose.....whats your price range?

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

man its a shame to sell that car...its too clean! .... i cant throw a rock in houston without hittin a vette....so if ya gotta get somethin else, the the som or the gto....

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

I by no means dislike or regret my car choice at all, but I've always said if I had to do it all over again and couldn't get black (or even if I could), I would look into SOM. They look freakin' awesome imo. Plus with black rims and accents they just are pure lookers. Great color choice I think, though if you're looking to get a whole new car simply for the paint... I mean I guess you could just be careful. You can always repaint it, especially with a plain color like pewter, and throw an LS6 intake in it. Of course an '01-'02 swap will do that for you and probably save you money; downside is, you don't know the other car is as unmolested as yours. Ya never do. But I like your ambition. As far as GTOs are concerned, that's a preference. I'd never sell an F-body for one, but I don't think they're bad cars. Just different, heavier, bulkier. Remind me of G8s. Not really in appearance but in that, "hey I have a big comfortable car but I can hull ass too," kinda feel. As far as vettes... yeah you can't go wrong. Especialy with a Z06. But they're a little overpopulated in comparison to TAs so, again, your choice. Good luck in whatever you decide!

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    You can always repaint it, especially with a plain color like pewter,
    ever see a pewter t/a up close all shined up? trust me, its not plain....especially at night time under the street lights.....op, your car is too damn clean to just write off for somethin else....
    Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    john, think of the ls1 as the chuck norris of all engines....there isnt a bearing on earth that can stand up to its huge cock of a rotating assembly....its just that bad ass....besides..even with my engine out, i can still smoke your ford....
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/v8mike/tpb.gif

Yes...this engine wanted to take a break from kickin ass so that it can pursue a career in acting..but will soon realize that no one will hire it due to it being so bad ass, and thats a liabiliity....

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

beautiful car

Maple Red Metallic is my personal favorite, SOM and NBM are both second

as far as car choices go it's personal preferance, I'd rather have a TA that can spank a C5 or GTO. I think Corvettes handle better but have less room and GTO's ride smoother but are heavier and a little lacking in the appearance department. I find myself more impressed with a nice TA than a nice GTO or vette so for now i'm staying put. again just opinions...

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    GTOs red or black.. look good..i was thinking on gettin that as a second car,, those would be the color i chose.....whats your price range?
    if i get the GTO its gotta be black w/red interior or red w/black interior i dont want any other colors.....price range??? thats a good question,im kinda thinking about goin to the auction,i have friends that go there all the time,i kinda like rebuilding cars too,so i if can find a C5,C6 or GTO for a decent price i'll buy it,but the only thing about the auction,i might dont find the color combo i want,but before i sell the T/A i would
    have to find something i REALLY,REALLY like

Pewter Metallic

man its a shame to sell that car...its too clean! .... i cant throw a rock in houston without hittin a vette....so if ya gotta get somethin else, the the som or the gto....
    i found a SOM T/A for like $16,500 everybody likes
    this car,they say its too clean,u're right i do see a lot of vettes in htown too,but i had 3 T/As i just want something
    different,but if i can find a SOM T/A a little cheaper im buying it no question,i just love that color i like the GTOs too im
    just trying to decide which way im going,i havent really decided yet

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    I by no means dislike or regret my car choice at all, but I've always said if I had to do it all over again and couldn't get black (or even if I could), I would look into SOM. They look freakin' awesome imo. Plus with black rims and accents they just are pure lookers. Great color choice I think, though if you're looking to get a whole new car simply for the paint... I mean I guess you could just be careful. You can always repaint it, especially with a plain color like pewter, and throw an LS6 intake in it. Of course an '01-'02 swap will do that for you and probably save you money; downside is, you don't know the other car is as unmolested as yours. Ya never do. But I like your ambition. As far as GTOs are concerned, that's a preference. I'd never sell an F-body for one, but I don't think they're bad cars. Just different, heavier, bulkier. Remind me of G8s. Not really in appearance but in that, "hey I have a big comfortable car but I can hull ass too," kinda feel. As far as vettes... yeah you can't go wrong. Especialy with a Z06. But they're a little overpopulated in comparison to TAs so, again, your choice. Good luck in whatever you decide!
    i feel you man i have a great car out of all the T/As i had this one was the best kept as far as appearance,mechanically etc.i love SOM but if i repaint my car the engine/trans is
    is coming out,im stripping the whole car down because i want it done right no signs of pewter anywhere,that will cost $$$$$,i thought about that i would know what i have now the SOM T/A might be a lemon,as far as the GTO i always liked them,the vettes
    too,i love fbodies but i had 3 T/As i just wanted to try a different car who knows i might keep the T/A

Pewter Metallic

ever see a pewter t/a up close all shined up? trust me, its not plain....especially at night time under the street lights.....op, your car is too damn clean to just write off for somethin else....
    JIVEASS what can i do to
    make my pewter bird shine hard??? i like my car,and you are right my car is too clean to write off for something else,maybe i
    should just look for a second sports car and keep the T/A

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

If you are convinced you want to upgrade or change cars....
    Do it while you have value in your current one.

I don't regret my decision at all....

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    If you are convinced you want to upgrade or change cars....
    Do it while you have value in your current one.

I don't regret my decision at all....
    you're right,the value is pretty good at the moment,i dont drive it much so the
    miles is pretty decent for the year,but i checked auto trader again and seen T/As for like $12,500-$14,000 with mileage from
    64k-87k miles i think i should raise my price a little

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

good luck with your sale.

i wouldn't compare lt1 cars to ls1 cars. apples to oranges. i missed out on a '97 TA, 6spd, hardtop, with 88k on it for $5600. that to me is pretty spot on for an lt1 model. ls1 prices are all over and it's crazy. i see people asking $10000 for cars with over 100000 miles and people wanting $8000 for ls1 with over 150k on the clock. a person is simply crazy for buying at that price.

what the majority of sellers seem to forget, is that these cars are 12+ yrs old now, and the value drops like a rock. again, we know asking price is different from selling price, but some peoples asking price simply turns off 90% of the interested parties. then again we all know, it only takes one person to buy.

you seem to be spot on with what youre asking. you apparently have the capacity to know your car isnt perfect and price it as such. it drives my nuts when other parties says their vehicle is perfect, yet they don't mention dent in the rocker panel, chipped windshield, or scuffed rear bumper.

again, good luck with your sell and possible new(er) car!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

also, FbN, i've been in the same boat, with one difference: i want to keep the SS and get another fbody or gto. im only interested in the 93-97 TA hardtop 6spds, or 98-01 formy hardtop 6spd. the other would be an 05-06 gto 6spd.

obviously, the fbody would be cheaper, and since i have an 93-97 OEM ram air hood, and airbox, thats another reason to go for one. one the other hand, a gto would be a refreshing change from an fbody. in the meantime, i just get to save up more money towards whatever i end up choosing.

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    good luck with your sale.

i wouldn't compare lt1 cars to ls1 cars. apples to oranges. i missed out on a '97 TA, 6spd, hardtop, with 88k on it for $5600. that to me is pretty spot on for an lt1 model. ls1 prices are all over and it's crazy. i see people asking $10000 for cars with over 100000 miles and people wanting $8000 for ls1 with over 150k on the clock. a person is simply crazy for buying at that price.

what the majority of sellers seem to forget, is that these cars are 12+ yrs old now, and the value drops like a rock. again, we know asking price is different from selling price, but some peoples asking price simply turns off 90% of the interested parties. then again we all know, it only takes one person to buy.

you seem to be spot on with what youre asking. you apparently have the capacity to know your car isnt perfect and price it as such. it drives my nuts when other parties says their vehicle is perfect, yet they don't mention dent in the rocker panel, chipped windshield, or scuffed rear bumper.

again, good luck with your sell and possible new(er) car!
    thanks,i wasnt compairing ls1 cars to lt1 cars i was just compairing prices,you're right ppl are nuts with these fbody prices,i remember the first time i tried to buy a T/A
    back in 2006 it was a NBM A4 01 120k miles body was decent,interior was decent,but when he started it up,it ran like crap the asking price was $12,500 I tried to haggle with him,but the lowest he would go was $12,000 i opened the hood the engine was
    very dusty,this car wasnt maintained properly mechanically so i walked away,the salesman didnt care too much,that same week my
    friend bought a 02 NBM T/A for $10,000 cash it had like 146k miles but it ran like a champ and it looked great appearance wise
    i guess price varies from person to person.Believe it or not before i got this pewter T/A i found a 02 SOM Camaro SS A4,t/tops
    leather 71,000 miles headers/exhaust everything else was stock price on it was $6995 i wanted that car bad,bad,bad mainly
    because it was my favorite color SOM an automatic,and i really wanted an LS1 Camaro w/ttops but it sold quick,i might keep the
    car it depends on what kind of deal i find

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    also, FbN, i've been in the same boat, with one difference: i want to keep the SS and get another fbody or gto. im only interested in the 93-97 TA hardtop 6spds, or 98-01 formy hardtop 6spd. the other would be an 05-06 gto 6spd.

obviously, the fbody would be cheaper, and since i have an 93-97 OEM ram air hood, and airbox, thats another reason to go for one. one the other hand, a gto would be a refreshing change from an fbody. in the meantime, i just get to save up more money towards whatever i end up choosing.
    if i keep the WS6 i gotta add an LS1 Camaro w/ttops to the stable i love Camaros
    all 3 of my brothers have Camaros,but i always wanted one before they ever got one and i always had a thing for the 05-06 GTOs
    too,but i have a couple of 98-02 SS parts i been holding on to this GM Camaro SS wing for the longest i wont sell it,or none of the SS parts for that matter,because if i get a Z28 i have to put the SS wing on it,but i will leave the Z28 badges on it
    though the 05-06 GTOs are great i like how GM cleaned them up for the last model years plus with the LS2 you cant lose,i see
    you like 6spds and hardtops? im a t/top A4 kind of guy,before i got my first T/A i got a chance to buy a clean 00 NBM Camaro SS tan leather,Z06 wheels A4,headers/exhaust 98k miles beautiful car,but it was a hardtop so i passed on it

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

totally unrelated, but this talk of coupes/auto/hardtop/6-speed reminded me of an aquaintance I had while in NY, he had a red '98 formula 6-speed coupe that he special ordered that way, he took a lot of ribbing from all the guys for not getting a TA or t-tops etc. He then proceeded to install an electric cut out and a 6cylinder muffler, steel drag wheels with cheater slicks on back that he installed 6cylinder hub caps on, replaced his 6 speed shifter plack with a 5-speed, and then a hidden 150 shot of nitrous. The car was a sleeper, I saw him take down more challangers than I can count, the car was functionally beautiful, it didn't need heavy t-tops or ground effects holding it back. People have reasons for liking their cars optioned they way they want.

Thread Information