black
    2002 trans am

please dont call me stupid but

i want to run between 650- 800 hp is it possible to put a hendricks motor in a trans am 02 ? or is there a place that can build my engine to have atleast 650 hp? what place would you recommend for a tranny what rear end and where to get it and too run at the strip what all will i need to be legal? i know a roll bar or cage and a tleast a 3 pt harness. i had a 02 blk ws6 triple black convertible and i had qtp hvmc on it and borla exhaust with no plate spec stage 3 lutch wih billet flywheel now i remember there were places that would buildyour car for you but who will build a car with atleast 650- 800 hp and put everything nhra on it that it needs? sorry for being a pain and i also remember there was a place that used to make fiberglass complete bodys and i think the body weighed significantly lighter does anyone know what place sells these? thanks for any help

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Stupid.....lol. j/k. Good luck with that build. I guess you've got some money put aside as this will cost you a little bit to build.

Trans Am owner
    former

well, you are gonna have to completley re-engineer a cage for your car, since its a convertible. in order to be NHRA legal, you have a ton of more work ahead of you.

most important is budget. if you have a low budget, well, honestly I would try to get a forged bottom end, and spray the living hell out of it. DO NOT spray on stock internals, if you are gonna be making it a race car.

theres a lot more I can help with, but first I need a budget. also, 650-800 hp at the wheels? or at the fly?

also, VFN fiberglass makes a FULL fiberglass body. it is made for tube chassis race cars, and the front end is stetched 12". the wheelbase of that body is about 115"
    Last edited by LT1 > LS1; 08-19-2008 at 06:24 AM.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by blk02ws6800hp View Post
    i want to run between 650- 800 hp is it possible to put a hendricks motor in a trans am 02 ? or is there a place that can build my engine to have atleast 650 hp? what place would you recommend for a tranny what rear end and where to get it and too run at the strip what all will i need to be legal? i know a roll bar or cage and a tleast a 3 pt harness. i had a 02 blk ws6 triple black convertible and i had qtp hvmc on it and borla exhaust with no plate spec stage 3 lutch wih billet flywheel now i remember there were places that would buildyour car for you but who will build a car with atleast 650- 800 hp and put everything nhra on it that it needs? sorry for being a pain and i also remember there was a place that used to make fiberglass complete bodys and i think the body weighed significantly lighter does anyone know what place sells these? thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler41 View Post
    well, you are gonna have to completley re-engineer a cage for your car, since its a convertible. in order to be NHRA legal, you have a ton of more work ahead of you.

new car prolly a coupe...

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler41 View Post
    most important is budget. if you have a low budget, well, honestly I would try to get a forged bottom end, and spray the living hell out of it. DO NOT spray on stock internals, if you are gonna be making it a race car.

theres a lot more I can help with, but first I need a budget. also, 650-800 hp at the wheels? or at the fly?

also, VFN fiberglass makes a FULL fiberglass body. it is made for tube chassis race cars, and the front end is stetched 12". the wheelbase of that body is about 115"
    this 12" is removable with fiberglassing experience, according to VFN sales rep.

black
    2002 trans am

the car im picking up wont be a comnvertible i sold my convertible . Sorry for the mix up but im talking at the rear wheels hp and pretty much just a drag racing car.Im getting this huge lawsuit so its gonna be a while before i get the check but its a guarantee but i just have to wait for the check. Im thinking 30,000- 50,000 oh and when i used to be on here i seen a website for a complete fiberglass body with lexan do u know what site thats on cause i dont want the regular 3600+ body it said that body was significantly lighter. Thanks for your help bud, if you want to tell me a few different ways to go about it that would be awesome. I live in windber pa about an hour 30 min from pittsburgh theres only really one good motor builder i know of around here rhodes performance but i want a professional not back yard hickish type of place to build it. If i have to travel, well at the time i will, im just fishing around for some ideas i wanted another comvertible but people said thats not a drag car u want to build so the heck with it ill go hard top thanks everyone.

Trans Am owner
    former

800 whp ls1.

first. you need a good drivetrain to take it. a ford 9" rear end ($2,500), and fully built trans($3,000). you will need a good torque arm, LCA's, subframe conectors, panhard bar, and since you are probly gonna drop the motor anyways, get a tubular k-member.

I gotta go, I i'll give you more stuff later

Trans Am owner
    former

I found a build to make 950 hp, and 923 ft/lbs torque. power is at 6400 rpm, and torque is way down at 3500 rpm

it is a blower motor, and after drivetrain loss, it is sitting directly on 800 whp. its has pretty much all the best stuff, and the bottom end is bulletproof. they tested it on a 50/50 mix of c12 race gas/ and 91 octane. you can make full power on 93 octane, but it require methanol injection. so if you dont mind buying some race gas, and pooring it in your tank, then this would be a great motor, and extremly streetable.

if you plan on running a full weight car, then the huge torque would get this thing rolling with no issues.

if you want the build sheet, I can post it up.

White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

for the rear end id go with the 9" or the DETROIT Locker

Black
    2002 Camaro ss

blk02ws6800hp

This man wants a NASCAR Chevrolet engine.
    Do it.
    It can be done.
    The frame and rear end and trans are do-able, along with the other things.
    All it takes is money.
    It will never run on pump fuel of course, but you knew that.
    All you have to do is have access to the race fuel they use at NASCAR events.
    I don't see any reason you should not do it.
    Man what a ride it will be.
    Of course it would be tough to use it as DD, but you knew that, didn't you ?
    I had a 1969 Camaro SS with a 1970 L-78 and had to use blue 100 grade
    airplane fuel with lead additive, but I made it work. It takes money.
    The 12 bolt 373 rear in my car handled the power.
    I did twist the drive shaft and had to have it repaired, but so what ?
    I will never forget that car.
    If you do this you will have a fire-breathing monster.
    Not many cars like this around, I'll say.

All the best,

jess

__________________________________________________ ___

2002 ss - Black - A4 - 323 - SLP loudmouth 11 - SLP lid - SLP # 5846

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    blk02ws6800hp

This man wants a NASCAR Chevrolet engine.
    Do it.
    It can be done.
    The frame and rear end and trans are do-able, along with the other things.
    All it takes is money.
    It will never run on pump fuel of course, but you knew that.
    All you have to do is have access to the race fuel they use at NASCAR events.
    I don't see any reason you should not do it.
    Man what a ride it will be.
    Of course it would be tough to use it as DD, but you knew that, didn't you ?
    I had a 1969 Camaro SS with a 1970 L-78 and had to use blue 100 grade
    airplane fuel with lead additive, but I made it work. It takes money.
    The 12 bolt 373 rear in my car handled the power.
    I did twist the drive shaft and had to have it repaired, but so what ?
    I will never forget that car.
    If you do this you will have a fire-breathing monster.
    Not many cars like this around, I'll say.

All the best,

jess

__________________________________________________ ___

2002 ss - Black - A4 - 323 - SLP loudmouth 11 - SLP lid - SLP # 5846
    I was under the impression that he wanted some hendrick racing ported heads, not the whole motor.....

you would pay TONS of money for hendrick racing to build the motor. you are much better off keeping a lsx. of course for your near 1000 hp motor, you NEED a LSX block.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I think he's just wants to put a hendrick race motor in it not have them build it.

Thread Information