Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Pics of Vizage body kit

OK people I finally got the kit painted and installed, the fit wasn't perfect but I wasn't expecting it to be. This is the first kit to make it to the states. Take it as you will, but I like it, and so has everyone that has seen it here in town. I'm sure some won't but that is their problem. I've seen stuff done to other peoples car that I didn't like but its their car and if they like it, well good for them.
    Suncoast Creations hood, p&p throttle body, LS6 intake, Dart 225cc 2.02/1.60 heads, TSP 233/239 cam, Hooker headers, 3" duals, Yank SY 4000 stall, LS6 oil pump, double roller timing chain, iridium plugs, Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Vizage body kit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658525

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

i likes

NBM
    99 TA

i see no pic

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Not to bad...you need to get larger rims now. Car looks kinda top heavy.

1966 Corvette Coupe

id wear the kit (had i a t/a)... but deffinately need to get it further in the weeds and do some rim upgradin'

-me

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

yeah you really do need new rims, i like the hood, i am not all about the kit, but to each their own

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

IMO It's a little much... the design of the kit doesn’t really flow with the body lines and contours of the car, nor do the inlets correspond with anything else on the car... but if you’re happy with it that’s all that matters. I just think a lot of the time, less is more...

98T/Aformula
    Its pretty sharp, the only thing that drives me crazy is how the SLP hood fits on our cars for some reason it favors the passenger side ?

2000pontiac6
    to be honest and i know you dont care but it doesnt flow with the lines of the car at all IMO. It goes quite the opposite. props for being different?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

nws Side Skirt Fitting

Hi there.... nice vehicle you have with the Vizage Effects...... should of went with fronts Wings west and side Vizage. I wanted to ask you, how did those Vizage skirt fit on your vehicle, did they go over the Factory OEM skirt.... how did they fit. Wings West skirts don't fit well.... check mine out that I am working on replacing right now:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120&page=75

Thanks and let me know,
    Matthew

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

reminds me of an early 4th gen RS kit...i think it looks a bit too bulky on the car-someone mentioned it; perhaps bigger rims could help?

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Hi there.... nice vehicle you have with the Vizage Effects...... should of went with fronts Wings west and side Vizage. I wanted to ask you, how did those Vizage skirt fit on your vehicle, did they go over the Factory OEM skirt.... how did they fit. Wings West skirts don't fit well.... check mine out that I am working on replacing right now:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120&page=75

Thanks and let me know,
    Matthew
    Matthew, I had to remove the factory skirts in order to put the Vizage skirts on. The fit is not the best, but I was told that this is the second kit made for the TA. The first kit was for test fitting purposes, and then all info was sent back to the manufacturer, and I got the second kit. There are some Camaro kits that have been modified to fit the TA, which probably take much. The skirts just don't fit up against the fender wells as well as I like, but that gives me a winter project. If you call Rick at JP USA @ 909-937-1080 he might send you the test fit photos he has. All in all I like kit, definatly changes the car.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post OEM Skirt Removal------------------------

I was really anxious to hear from you... finally, thanks for replying. I still have my Wings West off the vehicle because of the Smog Check Test.

Funny as it is, my TA seems nude at the moment without those skirts on. Damn! I feel down hearing that you would have to take those OEM skirts off. I tried taking those factory skirts off the other day, after removing all the screws, towards the front fender, it seems that the skirt is super glue to the fender. I didn't want to over tug because it would bend the fender where the two vents are at. I was looking at keeping just the OEM skirt as it is by either painting them or Vinyling them white on mine. The OEM skirt are thin and lite with the perfect fit all around.

I have asked some of these sellers about Camaro skirts fitting on our TA... many of them said "yah yah yah"... but you know how that goes. Being stuck with 2 piece of useable plastics at $500 a pop is not fun.

I believe the Ground Effects are the best way to go without having to lower your vehicle. I rather damage the effects than the original parts of the vehicle over bumps etc.

Can you clarify a little how you removed your OEM skirts without bending or damaging anything including the paint. Those Double sided 3m tape are very damaging to your vehicle if you ever need to take take those parts off. I really wished someone manufactures fiberglass parts for our interest.

Good Day TA buddy!

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    Matthew, I had to remove the factory skirts in order to put the Vizage skirts on. The fit is not the best, but I was told that this is the second kit made for the TA. The first kit was for test fitting purposes, and then all info was sent back to the manufacturer, and I got the second kit. There are some Camaro kits that have been modified to fit the TA, which probably take much. The skirts just don't fit up against the fender wells as well as I like, but that gives me a winter project. If you call Rick at JP USA @ 909-937-1080 he might send you the test fit photos he has. All in all I like kit, definatly changes the car.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Add the Stripes and you are ready to Vroooooom!

Hiway demon, you have to add the black and blue Anniversary stripes... your ride would be so hot. Check out my model samples!

You mentioned that you have to take the skirts off and redo do them in the Winter as a project.. whats the reason for that?

Matthew

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

howhard has it to install and how much cleanance do you have? I was thinking about putting it on my 2000 silver ws6

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Your Skirt Options

Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    howhard has it to install and how much cleanance do you have? I was thinking about putting it on my 2000 silver ws6
    I purchased my TA without the Ram Air hood feeling that it would be much less expensive doing it myself. I purchased the exact OEM hood and commando wing... had it painted. I did the color sanding after it was painted, purchased the Anniversary stripes and did it all myself. All of this you do need knowledge to get good results.

I hand painted the ground effects in white for a two tone... given that they are ground effects, I felt that I could always do touch up myself if the paint Knicked....

Installing all the pieces by yourself is somewhat of a challenge after you get the 3m taped peal and ready to adhere to the vehicle. The front and two rear pieces perfectly matches the vehicle. Middle skirts both from Wings West and as I have heard from another member that the Vizage ones entail complications. Based on how they were molded at Wings West, you will probably have file the inside corner. Based on how they mold it, the pieces don't hug to your vehicle very well. I had only 3 inches off the ground after I fitted the pieces onto my vehicle based on how they hug the vehicle. If properly filed etc. you should have at least 4 inches off the ground. No vehicle lowering will be necessary then.

An alternative is to install the front and back, and then paint the current skirt you have on. This weekend I will be sanding and filing the skirts and work on attaching them to the vehicle. Once these pieces are on the vehicle and your remove them, their fitting ship get whacked.

Camaros are blessed with the better fitting skirts. Last word, these skirts from Wings West are rather Bulky!!!! I don't like that about them.

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

The Bulk..................

Ha ha.. I finally agree with you... I was going to purchase the skirt from Vizage for my TA... though it does look a little bulky and the vent looks out of place.

Good day,
    Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Think Long and Hard Prior

Give it considerable thought before you invest in these pieces and the time you must invest in them for the project. I'm wanting to remove all of my pieces and the Commando wing right now after 5 years of their enjoyment. Somewhat of a pain if you get my drift.

Matthew
    I don't care what anyone here on this forum thinks, the ground effects and the commando wing will get you much attention as you drive down the street, especially if you two tone it.

It will be the Best Rice a Roni Import on the street hahahahaahahah!!!!! A Regular Plain Trans Am will not have people going woo whoaaaaaaa. The Yellow Anniversary one won't turn heads either, nor will a Firebird... but a Decked out Trans Am with the Commando wings, ground effects, and stripes will have people staring, I guaran dam teeeeee that.

Matthew
    Send me an image of your vehicle upon completion if you decide to go for it. It will be worth it when heads roll.

black
    94z

i think the front lip looks great but i would leave eveything else factory since they look so good anyways

Thread Information