Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 T/A M6

Unhappy Omg No My T-tops :(

OH MY FUCKING GOD..........as I was gettin onto the highway my driver side T-Top just blew off!!!!!!!!!

I know these are expensive, but I need some places to get one from and about how much damage its going to cost me. there goes my headers

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

that happened on my car too. it was when 01raptorTA owned it tho. (i bought it from him) i think he bought a used top for $45... idk where from tho

so if u dont mind going used (mines perfectly fine), u CAN get them for cheap

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

http://www.t-topsonline.com/ <----site sponsor
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Damn that sucks!!! Did you forget to lock them down?
    "How's your whole...Family?

Visit My Garage!
    http://www.fquick.com/SicWs6

Did you go back a get it so you can transfer the key lock to the new one?

Black
    2001 T/A M6

well I did go back but the entire top was in 1,000,000 pieces and the part with the lock in it was gone, it was 2am in the morning but it was still on I-95 and im not about to walk into the middle of the highway for a lock.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Hey, I bought a pair on Ebay for a friend a few months back, got them for 50$ shipped. Might want to try it. Oh, and with the keys.

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

haha thank god i have a hardtop

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

FYI, they changed the styles of the glass in the T-tops. The early versions in the 90's had glass that had the dot-matrix pattern in it and later model cars had tinited T-tops. just be aware of that when either ordering or buying a replacement...

White
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Wow you guys that have gotten t-tops for 45 and 50 dollars found some good deals. I have lost 2 t-tops and both of them were close to 100-130 on ebay.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

as SS said, they did change the styles...

my car has 2 different tops lol. the pass side was replaced but its more like glass. the driver side is more like plastic. the tint is a bit different, but they both fit just fine and u can BARELY tell the difference till u take them off. so i have no reason to fix that prob.

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BLK_On_BLK_01WS6 View Post
    well I did go back but the entire top was in 1,000,000 pieces and the part with the lock in it was gone, it was 2am in the morning but it was still on I-95 and im not about to walk into the middle of the highway for a lock.
    Sorry to hear the news. Where on I-95 were you when it blew off?

How the fuck does this happen? This makes me so worried sometimes, but I cant imagine how it could happen.

When people ask "did you lock it down," do they mean lock as in with a key or lock as in turn the handle? If you put a T-top on and dont turn the handle, I really cant be surprised..

Black
    2001 T/A M6

Well its like 2nd nature for me to turn the handle but thats honestly the only way it could have happened is if i forgot to turn the handle, Nytmare, since your a fellow Fredericksburg area person i'll tell yah since your the only one that would know the location anyway lol. It happened at the Massaponox exit going South. I live in Spotsy

green
    98 formula

OH MY FUCKING GOD..........as I was gettin onto the highway my driver side T-Top just blew off!!!!!!!!!

I know these are expensive, but I need some places to get one from and about how much damage its going to cost me. there goes my headers
    I have a set off a 2000 ws6 PAIR ONLY I wil not give them away make me an offer plus shipping

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    How the fuck does this happen? This makes me so worried sometimes, but I cant imagine how it could happen.

When people ask "did you lock it down," do they mean lock as in with a key or lock as in turn the handle? If you put a T-top on and dont turn the handle, I really cant be surprised..
    like i said, the previous owner of my car had one fly off. i believe it just wasnt latched down.

as for me, i dont ever lock them with keys. one day i was going about 40 and it flew up, but not off. it was at a 45*angle andi almost shit my pants cuz i did NOT want this thing to fall off, so i slammed on my brakes so it would go down a bit, got out, and closed the latch.
    NOW, i could have sworn i closed the latch. i never forget to do that, and it was drivers side and no1 touches that but me...
    so maybe if the wind catches is right it can go up even with the latch.
    or maybe i just forgot.

just sayin, its a possiblity

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

My last ws.6 hated it's t-tops for some reason. Thankfully, KY Insurance holders covers glass 100%

the problem lays-in with where the t-top pins insert into the A/B pillars. What happens is, after years of that pin going into the hole, the bracket that recieves the pin actually gets pushed away from the pin [due to friction] and that bracket can be adjusted closer to the T-Tops by removing some of the interior panels

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Nytmare, since your a fellow Fredericksburg area person i'll tell yah since your the only one that would know the location anyway lol. It happened at the Massaponox exit going South. I live in Spotsy
    I get on/off I-95 at that exit ALL THE TIME! The only difference is, when I go through there it's usually rush hour and the traffic is backed up before the exit lane (read: going slooowwww). You must have hit it when the exit was pretty much empty. Sucks...

Black
    2001 T/A M6

it was about 2am, i was leaving the bar but i get on and off that exit everyday going to work, i get off around 5pm and back on around 9:30 pm so yeah traffic is usually light.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Sorry to hear that man! Driving with a friend in my Camaro several years back.. it was his first ride in a t-top car... going about 70 when I saw him look up, reach up. and before I could say don't touch it, he pulled the handle and a big WHOOSH! and there was no t-top.. I was staring at the rear mirrior waiting for shattering glass everywhere.. when he said Can you stop.. this thing is getting heavy! He was able to hold onto the damn thing at 70 mph without it hitting the car!! And 3rd gen t-tops are a ton heavier than 4th gens.... Stopped.. put it back on.. told him NEVER to touch the handle again.. lol.. and we were off.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Thread Information