Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Ok, This is Frustrating!!!!

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

An elderly lady backed into my car today. Not a lot of damage, but still upset about it.

There is a about a 7-8 inch dent in the driverside rear quarter panel. Just in front of the Tail Light. Lucky she didn't hit the light, whew!

Does anyone know how the paint reacts to dent removal on our cars? I'm hoping that it won't chip or anything so that it doesn't have to be repainted. Let me know.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ummmm-does the lady have insurance? if so what do you care...get the door, quarter and rear bumper painted to match

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Yeah, She has insurance. It's just that now my car has been ran into as compared to before. It just sucks is all.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you get new paint-that's good, not bad! to bad it wasn't in the front, i'm sure your bumper has a million chips like all of ours with stock paint do...damn 120 mph consequences

red
    2001 formula

Two years ago up here in the Dallas area I had several of my cars hail damaged and had the dents paintless dent repaired with complete happiness with their work. My paint was several years old. As long as the dents arent creased sharply and they are able to get behind them and work them out slowly and you should be alright. Let them look at your damage and they will give you an honest opinion.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

as Ironic as that is, I had this happen to me on freaking EASTER! I got hit right in front of the gas cover. The good thing about the summer is your rear bumper might be salvageable, unless the paint's gone there. Even if it's bent all to crap, once the rear quarter panel is off it should pop back. if you know some shop to work on it try to get a bit extra cash, you're not going to hurt that old lady's insurance anyway.

Thread Information