Thread: oh happy day!

white
    1998 Trans Am

oh happy day!

well its been a long month but i finally got my TA back today.. my oil pump went out and done some internal damage to my ls1. being my daily driver i had to have something put in right away.. i knew a guy that had a 5.3 out of a 2001 surburban with under 70,000.. got it put in and back today.. im impressed with this motor so far.. but its just a temp.. taking my 5.7 to a machine shop to break it down and see exactly whats wrong with it and hopefully the block is still good.. then the parts collection begins.. not going for anything outragous cause its still going to be my dd.. if i can get 350-375 HP i will be content.. probably going to keep the ls1 heads and have them ported and pollished, mild cam, LS6 intake, under drive pulleys and whatever else my friend talks me into getting..lol.. im thinking about 8 months to a year to complete as im doing this on a budget. taking my time and doing it right.. its going to take so much time because i still have work to be done on my TA now.. new rack and pinion, tie rod ends, new brakes and rotors all the way around and new shocks and struts, headers, install my pillar gauges, and stripe kit.. so its safe to say the next year im going to be a broke mofo!!! but it will so be worth it.. as long as my car is happy, im happy!

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

glad you are back rollin'

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

great comprimise being able to drive your car while you have the motor built

I think that's 90% of the reason I don't sell my motorcycle, need something to drive while I work on the TA. I can't help but notice a supercharger system costs about what my bike is worth....
    Last edited by TransAmX2; 07-26-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Glad you are driving your Trans Am again. Good plan, take your time and do it right.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

If your block is still go why not go for a stroker kit. It is the same work, about the same cost and will still give you drive-ability (depending on cam) plus the extra HP you want. You also have the option of doing LS6 internals too.

Thread Information