@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

nice 02 collectors read

Probably been posted a long time ago but it's pretty nifty info I thought
    heres the link
    http://www.automedia.com/2002_Pontia...ts20011201ta/1

and here's what it says

No doubt about it, as GM's F-body cars take their final bow, the 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am with the highly desirable WS6 Ram Air performance/handling package is quintessential American transportation—and a very nice piece in its own right. It's a lot noisy, a bit rough around the edges and not a car for wimps. With market forces and insurance rates ushering the F-bodies off-stage at the end of the 2002 model year, Pontiac has marked the occasion by issuing a screaming-yellow Collector's Edition Trans Am, which takes the WS6 joy-toys and adds $3,000 worth of exclusive, purely visual, add-ons.

Only 640 Collector Edition convertibles will be built. Exterior features include Collector Yellow paint with graphics and blacked-out wheels, calipers and side mirrors.

Call me crazy, but it may be worth it—in a purely monetary sense. Some quarters are quoting GM execs as saying that the Camaro-Firebird market retreat is purely a "hiatus"—too much brand-equity has accrued to permanently axe the lines—and artist renditions of next-generation cars are already making the rounds. But if you haven't noticed, market projections for the U.S. auto industry over the next five years are dismal at best, so this may indeed be the end of the road for the Firebird and its Bow-Tie brother.

If you're creating a "collectible," then your future is all in the numbers. Only 2,000 of these Collector Edition Trans Ams are to be built—1,360 coupes and 640 convertibles. Get your hands on one, keep the miles down and the maintenance top-drawer, and someday you may be able to make a killing on eBay.

The $3,000 premium on the Collector Edition Trans Am gets you these features: the "Collector Yellow" paint job, black-painted 17x9-inch wheels, black/chrome wheels caps, black-painted brake calipers and "undercarriage protection," an exterior stripe package, black exterior mirrors, black B-pillars (coupe) or black top (convertible), yellow/black rear fascia, a "Ram Air" decal, black "WS6" cloisonné badge, ebony leather interior with "Collector Edition" embroidery on the headrest, an embroidered leather trophy mat, "Collector Edition"-badged front floormats, and an owner's portfolio.

Of course, none of this changes the fundamentals of the WS6 package, so let's review the basics.

Black 17x7 alloy wheels with chromed caps look positively wicked. Calipers are also black.
    The 5.7L LS1 introduced leading-edge technologies to the GM small-block V-8, including all-aluminum construction and a thermoplastic intake manifold. The Ram Air package delivers 325 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque, thanks to intake induction and low-restriction, stainless steel, dual-exhaust outlets. The mill barks and rumbles when the key is turned, and it doesn't have the smoothest idle in the world. Acceleration is head-snapping, and if you're not packing the optional traction control, it will be easy to burn through the rear P275/40ZR17 Goodyear Eagle F1s when the light turns green. The power comes on steadily even under reduced throttle pressure; the Trans Am happily lugged uphill in fourth on secondary Berkshire mountain byways at under 2,000 rpm, putting enough pressure in the small of your back to tell you there was plenty in reserve. Raw power, in short, is and has always been the essence of the Trans Am experience.

Available transmissions for the LS1 include a six-speed Hurst manual or a four-speed automatic. The clutch touch on the six-speed has always been on the heavy side, so our press-fleet tester came equipped with the four-speed automatic (darn!). Shift points were engaged rapidly enough under full-throttle launches, yet chip-mapping helped deliver overall fuel-economy numbers during our test better than 20 mpg—not bad for a gnarly ol' V-8.

Pontiac calls this embroidered leather piece a Trophy Mat. Floormats also receive the special-edition logo.
    Pontiac has always claimed that the WS6 suspension is "specially tuned" but has been shy on divulging the specifics. The basic package is identical to the base Firebird—coilover monotube gas-charged shocks, a tubular stabilizer bar with links in front; and a Salisbury (solid) rear axle with a torque arm, trailing arms, track bar, and coil springs in the rear—with the only noticeable difference being a 30-mm front stabilizer bar, as opposed to the 28mm part on the basic Bird. Road isolation is reasonably detached, yet the ride is as stiff as one might expect. The solid rear axle provides some wheel hop, but discrete throttle pressure will keep the nose pointed in the right direction—no thanks to the rather vague steering.

Interior legroom remains rather cramped, especially for drivers over 5'10" and passengers over 5'8". The switchgear has a fussy, '80s, retro feel to it, brought home most forcibly when one fiddles with the seven-channel equalizer on the stereo faceplate. There's a fair level of ambient interior noise, thanks to the tires and the wrap-around rear spoiler on the deck lid.

The infamous "Screaming Chicken" logo is embroidered into the Collector Edition headrests.

F-body numbers were never big enough to satisfy GM suits, but the Trans Am has always had its loyal admirers, despite its being caught between the Cavalier and the Corvette. The General always hoped there'd be a place for such a car, and the Collector Edition allows the Trans Am a flashy final bow—at least for now. Whether there's a curtain call remains to be seen. (www.pontiac.com)

Copyright autoMedia.com 2000-2007

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

your lucky to own one!!
    Click for full size

2002 Collectors EDTA

took me 3 months and had to drive 300 miles to pick my baby up I am indeed lucky to own one with so low miles and in such perfect condition.

Black
    2000 T/A

it's a beautiful car, most people don't like the yellow. personally i think it looks great, and the decal package looks good too.

rarity is always a plus with these cars also...

2002 Collectors EDTA

to be completely honest when I first started looking I didn't like the yellow either. but after reading about it and actually seeing one in person I fell in love

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

gotta love the CETA

I see yello and I like it!

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

I'm down with da Yellow!

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post
    took me 3 months and had to drive 300 miles to pick my baby up I am indeed lucky to own one with so low miles and in such perfect condition.
    It's vert too...........

Enjoy ....

BTW ...I want your job---------(boobie inspector)
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

2002 Collectors EDTA

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    It's vert too...........

Enjoy ....

BTW ...I want your job---------(boobie inspector)
    I thought about quiting today Texas passed a law making 5 dollars of every cover of every boobie bar go to the state + tax... grrr just making me work harder, b4 i could walk around and talk to the boobs.. now I have to sit at the door!

2002 Collectors EDTA

Only 640 Collector Edition convertibles will be built.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

At least he didn't call it the 35th Anniversary T/A
    I know way too many Idiots that have that stuff confused.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Nice ride- Not my favorite color, but I do like the rareness of it.

2002 Collectors EDTA

yeah kinda hard to do the math there.. the 99 bird is the 30th how can the 02 be the 35? lol

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post
    yeah kinda hard to do the math there.. the 99 bird is the 30th how can the 02 be the 35? lol
    you know.... I never thought of that.

well i feel damn retarded now! lol

Thread Information