Thread: NHRA vs WS6

Question NHRA vs WS6

HELLO THERE I AM LOOKING FOR A GREAT TRANS AM I RUN ACROSS SOME ONE SELLING A 2002 NHRA FORMULA I GUESS I MISSED SOMETHING I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS CAR I KNOW THEY MADE A FIREHAWK AND THE WS6 BUT WAS WONDERING WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS ON THE TWO BODY STYLES THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP PLEASE WRITE TO ME AT TA421@AOL.COM

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

It appears to me you are looking for the differences in body styles, so I moved this to a more appropriate forum.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

The car looks like all other i have seen i know the different in a Formula / FIREHAWK but i dont know any info on the NHRA Formula

black
    2002 WS6

I think the NHRA is a specially badged and numbered collectors car to celibrate NHRAs 50th anniversary I think.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Badging, that's about the only difference. Formy, T/a, front bumper, side skirt, and Rear bumper and hatch

Hi again is the NHRA formula worth a lot more then a WS6 Formula ?

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by TA421 View Post
    Hi again is the NHRA formula worth a lot more then a WS6 Formula ?

I wouldn't think so, it's only a few badges. Most WS6's I've seen were more than the few NHRA's I've seen.

I would say buy the car because you like it, not because it may or may not have added value due to the NHRA badges.

Now a Firehawk, on the other had, will be worth the most out of the 3.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Depends what kind of firehawk. The formula Firehawk is worth more than the Firehawk T/A. Definately rarer. You'll spot it out. Looks like a formula with a Firehawk hood but the big giveaway is the full LED spoiler in the rear

Is there a good spot to buy a Trans am or Formula i have been looking on ebay and autotrader is there any other good places to look seem like the sell for more now then new lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Is there a good spot to buy a Trans am or Formula i have been looking on ebay and autotrader is there any other good places to look seem like the sell for more now then new lol
    Yeah, it's tough finidng a good one. You just have to keep looking. Before I found the Formula I'm picking up this week, I spent about an hour a day searching classifieds. You have to be diligent, the good ones get snatched up quickly.

Check Auto Trader.com, Cars.com, AutoExtra.com, Craigslist, your local classifieds, Ebay, and all the F-Body message boards have classifieds, too.

Also, widen your search area. You might have to drive a few hours, but it wil be worth it for a good car. I usually used a 200-300 mile search radius.

I found my car on Craigslist, btw.

yellow
    2002 trans am

Go to collectorfbody.com i think ther is a CETA on there for sale right know. That is the 2002 collectors edition trans am. That is a good looking trans am.

red
    02 firehawk 02 blue Z06

You can also try checking carmax.com thats where i bought my firehawk vert back in April.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Most online places are either overpriced or misrepresented. I have personally bought a car online (not from this site though) and it was not what I expected, to say the least.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Most online places are either overpriced or misrepresented. I have personally bought a car online (not from this site though) and it was not what I expected, to say the least.
    Well yeah, NEVER buy a car sight unseen.

I can't imagine how people buy cars across the country on ebay w/out looking atthem first, I could never bring myself to do that.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Well yeah, NEVER buy a car sight unseen.

I can't imagine how people buy cars across the country on ebay w/out looking atthem first, I could never bring myself to do that.
    that's what I said. and I talked to a few people I worked with and they said they hadn't had any problem. I figured I give it a shot, and besides that, it wasn't expensive...and I turned around and sold it for double what I paid anyway!

I win.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    that's what I said. and I talked to a few people I worked with and they said they hadn't had any problem. I figured I give it a shot, and besides that, it wasn't expensive...and I turned around and sold it for double what I paid anyway!

I win.
    Nice!!!

I'd never have that luck. I'd buy it, get it home, and it'd turn out to be a POS I couldn't unload for half what I paid for it.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Nice!!!

I'd never have that luck. I'd buy it, get it home, and it'd turn out to be a POS I couldn't unload for half what I paid for it.
    well, first thing when I went to pick it up, the bum at the station lost the keys (sign #1). finally got it, and drove it home. next day in daylight I was looking at a bunch of switches under the dash...attached to nothing at all (sign #2). and then on the third day I owned it the alternator crapped out on me (sign #3). So I was talking to this lady my fiance works with and she said she REALLY liked my car. It was a 87 firebird with a aftermarket 350, MT (I think it was fixed to be stronger cause it would go sideways with no trouble). so I said 'yeah. well, I actually have 1 too many cars. I could let it go for...3k." and she was already falling in love with it. after she got it the starter and PW died.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    Depends what kind of firehawk. The formula Firehawk is worth more than the Firehawk T/A. Definately rarer. You'll spot it out. Looks like a formula with a Firehawk hood but the big giveaway is the full LED spoiler in the rear
    my firehawk ta has the big led spoiler

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

I bought my Firehawk from a Ford dealer who called it a "Tomahawk edition". I got it for $9730 ($13000 with warranty and tax) and got a nice laugh at his ignorance for free.

Thread Information