NBM
    02 WS6 A4 / 98 TA 408 M6

New WS6, traction question.

So here's the background, it's an 02 ws6, stock rims / 17" eagle f1s, car has 30k miles and it's an a4 and it's stock.

Ok so last Saturday my cousin and I are driving home from a car meet and a 5.0 pulls up on me, so my guilty pleasure (adrenaline) took control and I ended up racing him, I beat him but he wanted to race from a dig. So the first race I had it in D, I didn't brake launch so it was just straight from idle to about 75%-100% throttle, the tires spun so bad I got into a 45 degree angle and got it back straight, but it was pretty scary lol.

Next race was a dig as well, this time I put it down in 1st and started going up, I beat him but I only eased in to it while in first.

How am I suppose to get this proclaimed 13 to sub 13 1/4 and I can't even launch full throttle with a stock ta?

Thanks,
    Dylan

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

How much tread is left on f1s?

I had some crap tires on my 16" rims it would just spin like hell.

Got 17" rims and BFGoodrich KDWs it won't spin on straight line now.
    Last edited by 96Firebirdformula; 06-28-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccagnini View Post
    So here's the background, it's an 02 ws6, stock rims / 17" eagle f1s, car has 30k miles and it's an a4 and it's stock.

Ok so last Saturday my cousin and I are driving home from a car meet and a 5.0 pulls up on me, so my guilty pleasure (adrenaline) took control and I ended up racing him, I beat him but he wanted to race from a dig. So the first race I had it in D, I didn't brake launch so it was just straight from idle to about 75%-100% throttle, the tires spun so bad I got into a 45 degree angle and got it back straight, but it was pretty scary lol.

Next race was a dig as well, this time I put it down in 1st and started going up, I beat him but I only eased in to it while in first.

How am I suppose to get this proclaimed 13 to sub 13 1/4 and I can't even launch full throttle with a stock ta?

Thanks,
    Dylan

Wait!! So your car is a4 but you put it in first? What did you do, as you raced did you shift up or what? (if you did you aint gonna have a tranny for long).

BTW, I have the same problem so I just decided to roll on it and go WOT, never figured out how to launch good. The only way to launch good from what Ive heard is to get a stall.(which also shaves off about .5 sec off 1/4.)

NBM
    02 WS6 A4 / 98 TA 408 M6

Yeah its an a4, then first race I had it in drive, I was almost sideways at the launch.

2nd race I had it in 1st for the start and eased into the throttle, didn't fishtail. But my question is do I always have to launch like that? Because it doesn't seem like I'll run a 13 qtr launching without the fishtailing.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

my name is dylan and i'm dying to get my hands on an 02 WS6..... but mine will have a 6spd..... one dylan at a time i guess lol.

alright everyone.... you may carry on now

NBM
    02 WS6 A4 / 98 TA 408 M6

Hey, atleast you have a car (:

I'm 16, it's my first car, I spent like 3 months without a car after getting my license trying to find a perfect one (: Took a plane to Penn. to pick it up from FL.

GL on the find though, how much you looking to spend?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

I just bought an 02 WS6 with the 6 speed and paid $18,500. Only has 30,000 miles though.

NBM
    02 WS6 A4 / 98 TA 408 M6

I just got mine with 33k miles, automatic and paid $13k (:

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

I find putting your left foot on the break and keeping your car at around 2,000rpm before letting go helps. when you let off the break wait a .5 second or so before you totaly punck the pedal down.
    I'm sure that isn't the best description, but I think that will get the point across.

Thread Information