Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

New plugs & wires

I decided that my ten year old WS6 deserved new plugs and while I was at it, a new set of wires. She's ten years old but only 12K on the clock.
    I replaced the original plugs with Delco Iridium and the wires with MSD brand. I also decided to reinstall the spark plug heat shields that came from the factory. The new plugs are pre gapped at 40 and the old take outs were around 55.
    I won't add another horror story of the install on the right side, but suffice to say I read every post on the subject before I started and the helpful hints I learned from here made a huge difference. It was still a challenge and I'm not counting on ever doing it again.
    Reason for this post is to mention the surprise I had after the install. It might be my imagination but the exhaust note at idle sounds more muscular and the idle is scary smooth. Much better throttle response or so it seems that way to me. Along with the Tune by Frost, Magnaflow Cat Back System and extensive suspension & brake modifications, it's a blast to drive and many thanks for the knowledge I've gotten from this forum and it's members.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

glad to hear it made a difference. Anything else planned for the future?

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Yes, I still have a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads and braided brake lines to install. I haven't decided as to when I'll put them on. I was going to wait until next winter, but knowing myself as I do, I'll probably install them the next time we get a stretch of bad weather. It's fun to drive and I don't want to miss any opportunities on nice days. I find it interesting that enthusiasts, like us, make such a fuss over low mileage WS6's. I bought mine last September with 8K on the clock. My thinking is the original buyer never got her money's worth or even had a chance to enjoy it. Having a strong resale value doesn't turn me on. I'm looking to drive the wheels off it and have fun. If I could afford to get buried in it I would ! Oh yeah, just sitting there, all embalmed, at the wheel ready for a drive. (hopefully not a dive)
    I'm still not sure if I'll do any internal mods to the engine. I like trying to squeeze out better performance with external changes. Intake, exhaust, electronic controllers type. Suspension changes and tires really change the personality of a car too. I mean it's fast enough now to get me arrested with no sweat.
    In the mean time I'll just drive around to the local cruise nights and shows.
    Magnaflow Quad Tip, Lid, SBellow
    UMI: FTC, FSB, RSB, LCA's, PBAR, SFC's, T-Arm w/relo, D/S Loop
    Kooks LTH, 3" YP, H/F Cats
    Custom Grind Cam, Stall, 3:73 rear
    Bilsteins w/Strano Springs Conti Super Contacts
    TuneByFrost MSD Wires
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors w/Ceramic

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Yes, I still have a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads and braided brake lines to install. I haven't decided as to when I'll put them on. I was going to wait until next winter, but knowing myself as I do, I'll probably install them the next time we get a stretch of bad weather. It's fun to drive and I don't want to miss any opportunities on nice days. I find it interesting that enthusiasts, like us, make such a fuss over low mileage WS6's. I bought mine last September with 8K on the clock. My thinking is the original buyer never got her money's worth or even had a chance to enjoy it. Having a strong resale value doesn't turn me on. I'm looking to drive the wheels off it and have fun. If I could afford to get buried in it I would ! Oh yeah, just sitting there, all embalmed, at the wheel ready for a drive. (hopefully not a dive)
    I'm still not sure if I'll do any internal mods to the engine. I like trying to squeeze out better performance with external changes. Intake, exhaust, electronic controllers type. Suspension changes and tires really change the personality of a car too. I mean it's fast enough now to get me arrested with no sweat.
    In the mean time I'll just drive around to the local cruise nights and shows.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Sounds like you got a good plan there. I'll tell you when you get some headers on there that quad tips sounds amazing.
    Got any pics of it?

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Sounds like you got a good plan there. I'll tell you when you get some headers on there that quad tips sounds amazing.
    Got any pics of it?
    I'll get some pics up sometime soon. I'm telling you that car of mine looks 100% better the way it sits now with the Strano springs.
    FYI-- I'm doing a separate post regarding which headers I should use based on my particular situation. Please feel free to chime in. I appreciate all the advice.

Thread Information