white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

New pics of my Bird/and how much to sell her for?

Those are all Takin yesterday except last 2 or 3 heres the rundown on my bird:
    1999 Pontiac Firebird
    3.8ltr v6
    A4
    Black/White when i bought it was all white with firebird hood an hatch an blue fake raceing stripes on hood an hatch
    157,xxx miles its my only car owned since it had 114,000 never race it or get on it hard its a v6 no point in wasting my gas

Exterior condition:Previous owner was girl couldnt handle it on ice slid into ditch causeing rocker panels to be completely destroyed and the body of car behing rockers was dented in more severe on driver side caused no affect on how it drives but once people notice the damage they say what did you do lol and ive had car 4 years and most people still not noticed new rockers will cover the dents make it look like new, during same incident by her the driver door along bottom was cracked pretty bad they did piss poor job of puttin bondo spray paint on it to cover up an put piece of wood trim inside door an shot screws from the outside into the wood to resuppprt the cracked an damaged area (IMO lazy an cheap way) pass. door had crack on the inside area where the door latches to car i believe from being shut to hard. So replaceing both doors be nice they dont leak air though but knowing its not right is a bother. Pass. fender has little piece missing on bottom area by door, i have new fender with no damage but its pewter so needs painted white which im in process of doing. Hood is a a real WS6 hood great conditon just had repainted few months ago turned out great, has a under hood mirror kit made by Bdowning who did excellent job, Just put on Ram Air emblems from Afterthought they set it off real nice thanks Afterthought. Hatch is off Same WS6 hood came off of has like 5% tint looks real nice.

Interior Condition: No dash cracks, small 1/2 inc. piece of dash missing above glove box its the vinyl part or whatever got cut an snipped off so it wouldnt get bigger. Front seats are cloth tan color i purchased set of used leather ones that me an step dad in process of reupholstering black with white stitching an white polls then white Firebird on head rest (He has friend who lettin us use her machine that can scan an image an then stitch it into your material) with memory foam in seats, back seats are already black leather. Carpert is tan being replaced with black when seats are done, head liner is tan with cig. burns well be redoing aswell in black. Trim is all black and i have the Trans Am door panels that i painted part white to go with color scheme.

Mechanical Problems/Car Problems: Rear main seal leaks, power steering has leak, Cat. Converter bad, O2 sensor behind cat bad, Tranny slips when gets to hot, bump stops need replaced, Front Shocks need replaceed, Driver side headlight motor is new but still dont work, Driver side bright light dont work (in process of figureing out why replaced headlight motors few months back then seen male connector on wiring harness to headlight motor was corroded out i replaced it and bright light went out its messed up situtation lol)

Mods/Extras/Recent Replaced parts: Yellow top optima dry cell batter top/side post, K&N air filter, New MAF, 165 degree thermostat, Newer Serphintine belt, Newer used Stock Alternator, MSD 8mm wires, Bosch 2 electrode plugs, Jet Stage 2 Performance Chip, New coil packs, Pace Setter headers (in process of putting on) Catco high flow(in process of putting on) new O2 sensors, 80 series Flowmaster muffler with 18 inc. chrome echo tips, chrome rear end cover, Roto tech cross drilled silver candium plated rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hotchkis 1 inc. rear lowering springs, Rear shocks were a 100$ pair nothin great but they work with new springs i cant remember there brand though, UMI adjustable panhard bar, Polyurethane bushings "on rear trailing arms, rear shocks, Front/rear sway bars", Rear tires 2 moths old front tires 70% tread left, Driver side window motor fairly new, all lights/bulbs 1 mothn old, WSsick emblem from TSS, Hurst equipped emblem from jegs, Center panel white reflective overlays from Afterthought, Front plate cover an Black reflective bird overlay from Afterthought, Pontiac lettering on rear bumper painted in with black, Side markers an "Firebird" lettering on doors painted black, Pontiac lettering on headlight cover painted in white,Under Hood mirror kit, Ram Air emblems from Afterthought, WS6 hood, Royal purple fluids.

Extra Parts/And Parts not yet on car: Rebuilt transmission With B&M shift kit an Tranny cooler, Pass. Fender Pewter color, Wiring Harness, UMI Box style weld on subframe connectors, SLP skip shift, Pace setter headers, Catco converter,Uncracked Center console with TCS switch, Firebird door panels tan color, Polyurethane suspension bushing kit, Driver side headlight assembly,front seats tan cloth, Firebird Hood white in color, Firebird Hatch matches hood, ABS module, water pump, gas pedal, throttle sensor, valve covers, 4 Tranny coolers, oil pump.

I do believe that is everything but im sure im forgetting something, every mechanical problem there is i have the part thats needed to fix so once i finally get it all put on its not to bad a car.
    Im selling to get a WS6 i found close by from dealership they askin 15000. But before i put a price on my car i need some input an opinions on what i should ask for my car thanks guys hope you like the pics

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I surely hope you mean $1500.00.. If so, that's a good asking price.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I surely hope you mean $1500.00.. If so, that's a good asking price.
    The WS6 he wants is $15,000. That's not what he wants for his car.

I would say about $3,000ish? That way you'll be able to go down on the price, cause people ALWAYS want that.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

yes the ws6 is 15000, and 3000ish eh...what about once i get all these parts ive got for it put on to it how much you think that would affect price? would partin it out bring me more? how much think i could get for my hood the ws6 hood

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I got ~$2700 for My loaded y87 01 Camaro with zero damage, plus just an exhaust, and 120K on the clock..

It sold for ~$5300 off the dealers lot, it booked for ~$5700.00 in excellent condition..

Mods don't raise the value of a car.. Many times they lower it.. What you put in and what you get out are two different things.

I'm gonna stay with $1500.00 as a good asking price for a car that will be considered in "fair" condition..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    The WS6 he wants is $15,000. That's not what he wants for his car.

I would say about $3,000ish? That way you'll be able to go down on the price, cause people ALWAYS want that.
    Oops.... but 1500 firm..

Gold
    1998 trans am

I tend to agree that at least in my opinion, I prefer a stock car. Some exceptions are better of course, such as the WS6 hood. Its worth a bit if in good shape. I see them selling locally for 600-800. As for mechanical mods, it always makes me wonder who did the work, and how well it was done, not to mention, what else was messed with like splicing into the wiring harnesses or etc. Apperance mods are a very touchy deal too, cause what floats one guys boat may sink 5 others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder you know.

As for the asking price, well here in my area, I am seeing nice V6 Firebirds selling for around 4-6 grand depending on how low the miles are. Start adding body damage of any kind and higher mileage, and the price drops. For comparison, I recently bought my 98 TA with 135,XXX miles for 4,800 and it needed only tires, brakes, rocker skirt, windshield and a couple of 20 dollar plastic interior parts. Since buying it, I probably have about 5,350 bucks invested in the car including the purchase price.

I personally would aim for 2500 and be prepared to take a little off in negotiations. You might check with the dealer too about a trade in. You can bet that the dealer probably has 6-8 grand at most invested in the car you want, and its possible that they will give you more for a trade in than you can sell it for. Id at least check.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Bummer i was hoping old girl worth few more pennies kinda just wanna keep it now an save up a lil longer cause i know id regret selling it for couple grand at most later on in life and ya I've put alot into it majority stuff just routine maintenance but i upgrade what was replaced and I've got good prices on all parts but the hood is in awesome shape and i went to body shop locally had him look for one he fond two ws6 hoods both 2000$ in used condition and it was hard to find them so i thought mine was worth lil more

Thread Information