Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

New Member from Lancaster, PA

Hello to all as a new member from Lancaster PA. I am the proud owner of a stock 2002 Silver WS6 Ram Air T/A, 6-spd with T-Tops, black interior. I got it last June, and only recently found this website. So I am glad to be a part of the group, and have found many great ideas, suggestions, and information already. No mods yet at all- there are too many to choose from! I don’t know where to start. There’s a picture in my profile for now if you’d like to see it.

Short story as to how I found the car- I was looking at prices locally for Pontiac Gram Am’s –I was selling my daughter’s car. I saw this ad, and had to go see it. Sounded too good to be true. How often do you see one of these for sale in a newspaper? And a T/A was fresh in my mind because every day I drove to work – I’d pass this girl in a beautiful black T/A going the other way. I took the 20 mile drive – and there it was- sparkling in the sun- the owner’s brother is a car detailer! As soon as he started it for my test drive- I knew I had to have it. It’s not often these days you hear that sexy rumble when there is nothing around you but these rice-eaters with those ridiculous mufflers that sound like oversized weedwackers. (Those guys just don’t get it do they?!) Well, we talked on the test drive- all he really wanted to do was pay off his loan- he was getting married and they would have 5 cars! Why he chose to get rid of this one is beyond me. But it’s my gain! So, when he told me what he wanted for it- it was about $3000 less than what the average price is for the year and miles. I took it on the spot and dealt with my wife later!

Thanks to 01WS6_4_ME ---I know it’s car #5979 through ASC. What an awesome production car it is. It’s definitely the best I have owned. Lifting that hood and looking in there is awesome. My past car list includes, a 57 Chevy 4-door Hardtop, a 60 Impala with a Hurst 4-spd, a 69 Bronze Metallic Camaro with a rebuilt engine and Hurst 3-spd, a few family cars thrown in the middle, an 87 Silver Monte Carlo SS w/T-Tops.

So, thanks to all that contribute to the site- I will be using your information and I’ll be here often. I won’t have a lot to contribute because my time to work on cars is very limited, but I do a lot of photography, so I can offer some help and photos in that way.
    I hope that anyone near the Lancaster and Pennsylvania area will say hi and let me know your login name. Maybe we can meet up sometime. Are there any cruises or other things around other than the Carlisle show that would be fun to get involved with? My wife and I would enjoy taking some rides/cruises.

And wouldn’t you know it- now that I have the T/A – the girl with the black one doesn’t drive by anymore!

Name here is Wayne. Glad to be a part of a great group of helpful people.

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

your car looks very nice and welcome to the board

Awaiting Activation
    Welcome to the boards!! Great car

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Howdy,
    IMHO you will enjoy the ride and the people who own f bodies...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Welcome!!

Gotta love the WS.6!!!
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

black
    2000 Z28 (sold)

Congrats on your car. Glad you like it. There are quite a few f-bodies around this area. Most of us know each other and cruise around together on the weekends. We are a great group of guys and always welcome new people.

p.s.- sent you a pm

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

congrats on the WS6 its a great car, maybe ill you cruising around sometime.

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Thanks to all of you for replying. I will try to get in touch with those of you that live close by when the weather gets a little nicer. There sure is something about that feeling you get when you hit the accelerator...!
    I find myself NOT listening to those 10 speakers- the sound of the car is all I need.

Thanks again. Keep replying- I'd like to hear from all of you in this area of PA.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Congrats on your ride. Now just get to modding it.LOL

welcome man, as eric (blky2kz) said there are a bunch of us around the area that cruise around together...more than welcome to join in.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

Welcome! I don't currently have an LS1, but I plan to get one soon enough. I know some of the Lancaster area LS1 guys and there are some cool people around here.
    Last edited by Reidonly; 03-04-2006 at 02:26 PM.
    2005 Infiniti G35 coupe: (6-spd, Popcharger | 245whp/219wtq | 14.0 @ 102.3mph -- CURRENT)
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28: (6-spd, t-tops | 315whp/330wtq | 13.5 @ 108.6mph -- SOLD 4/2/08)
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: (cam, 3.2" pulley, exhaust etc | 13.2 @ 105.3mph -- SOLD 7/18/06)

www.reidonly.net

Black/purple
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Hey there! I'm curious to know where you saw the chick in the black T/A - and is it a WS6, as well? That's what I have, thought maybe it was me?

I am currently contemplating trading mine - or selling outright - to get an 02 CE I just drove today... I'm not sure though. Going to put a post out there and get some thoughts...

Welcome to the boards!
    Misty
    MSTZ TA

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Thanks for saying hi - sent you a PM. Sorry to hear you may sell your T/A.
    Maybe we'll catch each other on a local cruise soon!

Black/purple

I'd only sell it if I could get this CE T/A. Otherwise, this baby is mine forever! I love it!

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Do you want the CE because it's newer? Personally I'd like the Black better! Seems like you are pretty set on getting it if you want a VIN check... Is it local here to Lancaster too?

Black/purple

I've always liked the yellow, but I'm torn. It's cool and all but I do love my car.

It's in Mount Joy, yes.

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Wow- I can't believe how many T/A's there are locally- we should get them ALL together for a few pictures. What's the CE selling for?

Hey how does that Borla set of pipes sound? I'm really thinking that may be my first mod.

Black/purple

LOVE the sound of my car. My neighbor has an 02 and you can't even hear him coming up the street! They all know when I'm coming in!

$26,900...too much, working on that.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynestep
    Wow- I can't believe how many T/A's there are locally- we should get them ALL together for a few pictures. What's the CE selling for?

Hey how does that Borla set of pipes sound? I'm really thinking that may be my first mod.
    go for it, they sound super good. But if you want a monster sound, and you have all stock exhaust now, save up and do true duals for abotu 1500 or so. Figure it this way, a borla costs 800 + install. True duals is all custom and REALLY lets your engine scream.

i like my borlas, they came wiht the car, but if I had it my way, i'd go true dual's off the bat.

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Thanks for the input- you bring up good points about the overall costs. I do have stock everything right now.
    I'll consider your suggestions. But I do want to hear MSTZ's T/A and get that up-close listen! I know the Borla's and duals will add a good bit of extra HP too.
    Your T/A looks great btw.

Thread Information