Thread: New to the game

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

New to the game

So i just got 00 trans am, its automatic, and i did some research and found out the best bang for my buck is an slp air lid, anything else anyone recomends, and i also had a question of what kind of brake pads i should get? i know these are real noob questions but any input would help

Also last night i raced my friends mustang saleen s281 and beat him quite badly, taken it was not the super charged one, but i was wondering what a stock t/a with only a k&N filter would make

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

These motors respond great to bolt ons, i have headers, catback exhaust and a lid and i made 337rwhp with no tune. Should be 340-350rwhp with the tune, they say these cars make 305hp at the crank and the WS6 and SS carmaros make 325hp but in reality they are all 350hp, the 01s and 02s had a better intake manifold but had small cams. A stock auto will make 285-305rwhp. Stick shift a little more.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by bb4ninja View Post
    So i just got 00 trans am, its automatic, and i did some research and found out the best bang for my buck is an slp air lid, anything else anyone recomends, and i also had a question of what kind of brake pads i should get? i know these are real noob questions but any input would help

Also last night i raced my friends mustang saleen s281 and beat him quite badly, taken it was not the super charged one, but i was wondering what a stock t/a with only a k&N filter would make
    Geting a new set of rearend gears with 3.73 or 3.90 gears will diffenately give you the best feel of performance out of anything you'll do beside NOS. A new stall coverter, A good catback exhaust Borla or magnaflow, and a good set of long tube headers (pacesetter ceramics are great and cheap) with an off road Y-Pipe. Hawk Brake pads are some of the best you can get. While your at it, Ebay sells a nice set of Drilled and sloted rotors that look great and perform nicely for a good price.
    After you do some of these mods, getting some better rearend traction should be in order. Diffenately get some Subframe conectors, a new tubular panhard bar and rear lower control arms with relocation brackets, Get a new aftermarket torque arm with the energy bushing, also a strut tower brace. All of these will help stiffin up your car, and get more power to the pavement without wheel hop, and helps plant the rearend to the ground.
    After that you can start getting really advanced and go for a new cam, valve springs, intake manifold, heads and a custom dyno tune.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 10-10-2007 at 12:43 PM.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Thread Information