white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

new cat=quiet exhaust

Took old cat off it was hollowed out an looked like it had been for least 70000 miles. So i was basically running straight pipe to my 80 series flowmaster. With this new cat car runs better gas is better everything seems to be but now my exhaust is as quiet as when it was all stock an i have an 80 series flowmaster on it should it be so quiet with a good cat in it? An when i put the headers on how much a difference will that make on the exhaust sound? There pace setter headers an this is on a v6. An i seen in jegs a flowmaster y-pipe for pretty good price like 35$ would it be good to get that for the header install bein that its cheap an i dont know if it has an affect on anything bein that its not "stock" so thanks for your time

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

it's a v6 so i will sound like crap... maybe just save your money on the headers and get your hood painted.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

The v6 can sound prety awsome but to me the only way to get it to sound sweet is the headers, and run true duals with cats and dump em just before the rear axel. You can have a shop set it up and it will sound just like the v8's with an exahust

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by bouigha123 View Post
    The v6 can sound prety awsome but to me the only way to get it to sound sweet is the headers, and run true duals with cats and dump em just before the rear axel. You can have a shop set it up and it will sound just like the v8's with an exahust

This, I've also seen V6's sound mean as hell but again it was with cats deleted, LT headers & this one had a custom ORY. I'm not even sure he had a muffler on it.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

I just painted hood in march i have it black on purpose and the headers I've already got picked them up for 100 from friend year ago almost. An i know it not goin sound "good" like a v8 but id like it to sound better than most v6 cars. What is an ORY? An i considered doin true duals an dumping them off before rear axle but was told back pressure will cause a problem. An I've done a few upgrades to my bird so id hope it will sound decent

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

ORY = Off Road Y Pipe. If you get long tube headers you end up deleting the CATS. The factory Y pipe no longer fits without some serious cutting and modding. The ORY opens the Y pipe to 3"

Duals will not give you any problems. Frees up HP in the high in but can take away some torque in the low range of the power band. If your worried about drone you could look at resonators to assist in that.

Smittro is our resident V6 3800 genius here. Hit him up and I'm sure he'll have some pointers and can be a big help.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

I think there is only one company that makes long tubes for the v6's most are mid or shorties. I was thinking about buying a v6 before I bought my ws6 to save lots of money between the car its self insurance and maintence. This is the video when I decided if I got a v6 it was gona have to have true duals

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Double post could a mod please fix?

Thread Information