Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Electric Blue Metallic
    91 Camaro Z28

NEW 02 WS6 Collector Edition Convertible What's it worth?

I have been looking to replace the 98 WS6 convertible I traded for a Z06 Vette in 2001 . After looking for a couple weeks, I have come across a BRAND NEW never titles Colector Edition Convertible with 199 miles. It is sitting on the showroom floor where I first saw it in 1999 (and still had my 98). The salesman was going to sell it to me today for sticker price. The manager on duty said he would have to talk to the owner before he sold it. I have a feeling the salesman, who said he'd only been there for 2 months, would have been fired on Monday. Anyhow, what is something like this worth?
    Last edited by Master Chief; 09-29-2007 at 08:38 PM.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

probly like 30k

It's never been titled and it has 200 miles on it? That's a lot of test driving. But obviously the dealer had been taking it home. That's probably why it didn't sell. Too many miles for being "brand new". Don't pay sticker. Maybe invoice. Don't let them act like they are doing you a favor. I'm not trying to say it isn't a nice car. But dealers have a way of acting like something is better than it is.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

invoice and sticker price are both imaginary numbers they have come up with. negotiate upwards from a couple thousand less

Electric Blue Metallic
    91 Camaro Z28

I've see the Collector edition convertibles for sale quite a few places. They run anywhere from 25K thorugh 30K and usually have between 10K and 50K miles on them. I thought because it was new that they would want more. I hope not. If I can get it for what you two are indicating, I'll have a hard time not buying it.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I've see the Collector edition convertibles for sale quite a few places. They run anywhere from 25K thorugh 30K and usually have between 10K and 50K miles on them. I thought because it was new that they would want more. I hope not. If I can get it for what you two are indicating, I'll have a hard time not buying it.
    it will still run between 25 and 30... maybe a little upwards of 30, but not much.
    if its in the 20's i would buy it (considering i had the money...)

+1 mid to high 20's.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

If you talking about a `99 30th Anni. T/A conv. White with Blue stripes, Blue top and wheels. Then if it's under $30K Buy it.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

They never made collector edition trans ams in 99. 2002 was only year they made collector edition trans ams and they are yellow. In 99, they had 30th anniversary trans ams that were white with blue stripes. If thats the case, its worth big money. See if they have the trophy mat and portfolio that went along with it. Both sell for huge money on ebay.

Electric Blue Metallic
    91 Camaro Z28

Thanks for correcting me. It is a 2002 Collectors Edition, not the 99 30th Anniversary. Did the Collectors Edition have the mat also? It did have a trunk full of stuff including the convertible top boot, a mat and floor mats for the front. the glove box also had a long yellow book. I never looked at the 30th Ann Ed or the Collectors Edition until a couple weeks ago so I'm not familiar with the extras that came with them.

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

yea, they have the collector edition mat, floor mats, and portfolio, all of which are hard to find. But if you do buy it, ull love it. Iv got a 6 speed coupe and love every minute i drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I have been looking to replace the 98 WS6 convertible I traded for a Z06 Vette in 2001 . After looking for a couple weeks, I have come across a BRAND NEW never titles Colector Edition Convertible with 199 miles. It is sitting on the showroom floor where I first saw it in 1999 (and still had my 98). The salesman was going to sell it to me today for sticker price. The manager on duty said he would have to talk to the owner before he sold it. I have a feeling the salesman, who said he'd only been there for 2 months, would have been fired on Monday. Anyhow, what is something like this worth?

So is it the collector yellow? or the anniversary white/blue? If it's the yellow then how did you see it in '99?

Electric Blue Metallic
    91 Camaro Z28

Good Question. Getting old. Memory loss. Too many cars in my past. Take your pick.

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

02 Yellow/Black Stripes Collector Edition Only made in 02

1999 White/Blue Stripes 30th Anniversary only made in 99

Electric Blue Metallic
    91 Camaro Z28

You guys are tough, but I'm old and forgetful, not color blind. I fully understand the difference. I'm embarrased I made the mistake! I've been though 3 3rd Gen Camaros, a 98 WS6 convertible and a Z06 Vette in the last six years. I just got a little excited when I actually found a NEW, never titled, WS6 on the show room floor of the original dealer that received it. Can't a man get excited about a find like that?

Did I mention you were a tough crowd...

rofl sorry for the toughness. I'm just confused. Is the car you're thinking of the white/blue or the yellow? That will make the difference. I don't think you should pay more than sticker regardless of what they are going for on ebay.

Electric Blue Metallic
    91 Camaro Z28

It's the 2002 Collector Edition convertible with an A4. I wanted an M6, but I may not be able to walk away from it. Another question to ponder... They would sell it as a new car. Would it come with a new car warranty?

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

it likely wont, but im sure they will provide u with extended warrantly. Regardless of the fact that car hasnt had an actual owner, its still 5 years old. I doubt they will the regular warranty. If you buy the car, make sure u buy the toys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007
    (these are really hard to find)

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 96Firebirdformula View Post
    02 Yellow/Black Stripes Collector Edition Only made in 02 Click for full size

Click for full size
    1999 White/Blue Stripes 30th Anniversary only made in 99
    man those car are shinny. I wonder how they get them to shine like that. Ultimaterides is where you got those pics eh? They sell lots of nice nice trans ams

Electric Blue Metallic
    91 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    it likely wont, but im sure they will provide u with extended warrantly. Regardless of the fact that car hasnt had an actual owner, its still 5 years old. I doubt they will the regular warranty. If you buy the car, make sure u buy the toys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007
    (these are really hard to find)
    I have toys for all my previous cars except the Camaros. It's pretty dificult to find anything for those.

I figure I'll have to get an extended warranty. Would be nice to get a 3 year bumper to bumper though. I just hope he doesn;t come back with an outrageous price.

My black 98 and Z06 used to shine like that. My currnet 91 Camaro does too. Zaino Brothers is all I ever used.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information