Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    '02 Trans Am WS6

New 2002 T/A WS6 Owner - Help Needed

Sup Dudes, My Name is Jeremy Akins, I'm from Northwest Arkansas. I Purchased a Midnight Blue '02 Trans Am WS6 about a month ago. It needs some TLC having nearly 100,000 miles on him. I plan on doing a tune-up this weekend with it, but from there is where the pro's advice can help out. I'm leaving my Parts list for all the things that its getting in the next 6-9 months. Any help is greatly Appreciated. Also, I needa goodclutch disc for it, whats some reccomendations.

Tune-Up
    NGK Iridium Plugs x 8
    MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire set
    Bosch o2 Sensors x 4
    Goodyear Gatorback Belts

Engine Performance
    SLP FLO Pac
    GMS MAF Sensor
    Dynatech SuperMaxx Headers, Cats, and Y-Pipe (torn between this and Kooks)
    Corsa Stainless Cat-Back
    GMS Diablo Sport Programmer

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I'd stay away from buying a MAF unless yours is bad. To much money to fork out and not really any measurable gains I've ever seen. If your torn on the headers Kooks without a doubt. And the programmer... would be nice to have but you get a better running car if you took it to get tuned by a shop. Why are you keeping the Cats? I can't believe they'd have emmision checks in Arkansas. Do an offroad y-pipe and save buying 2 O2 sensors. You can have those turned off in your tune. As far as a clutch, I like spec but depending on which one you pick you may have to replace your flywheel also. Good luck.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by KiD WiCKeD View Post
    Sup Dudes, My Name is Jeremy Akins, I'm from Northwest Arkansas. I Purchased a Midnight Blue '02 Trans Am WS6 about a month ago. It needs some TLC having nearly 100,000 miles on him. I plan on doing a tune-up this weekend with it, but from there is where the pro's advice can help out. I'm leaving my Parts list for all the things that its getting in the next 6-9 months. Any help is greatly Appreciated. Also, I needa goodclutch disc for it, whats some reccomendations.

Tune-Up
    NGK Iridium Plugs x 8
    MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire set
    Bosch o2 Sensors x 4
    Goodyear Gatorback Belts

Engine Performance
    SLP FLO Pac
    GMS MAF Sensor
    Dynatech SuperMaxx Headers, Cats, and Y-Pipe (torn between this and Kooks)
    Corsa Stainless Cat-Back
    GMS Diablo Sport Programmer
    sounds like a good tune up, but i bet that your o2s and belts are fine.

as far as your mods:
    1. I wouldn't get the flopac, just get the lid. Lid is worth 10hp - the rest isn't worth much.
    2. Dynatech or kooks will be a great choice. Both have great fit. I would go with whatever set you can get a better deal on.
    3. Corsa is very nice, just expensive. - I love your expensive taste - stainless LTs and corsa!! Throw some $$ my way.
    4. Diablosport is a great handheld. But if you have big plans like a heads/cam package i would get a full dyno tune. Its about the same price.

Awaiting Activation
    as far as a clutch - what are your final power goals??

Navy Blue Metallic
    '02 Trans Am WS6

Well, I'd like to have a custom tune but I have severe trust issues with people working on my car and I dont think anyone around here is qualified to custom tune my car. Along down the road i'd like to trailor it to a reputable shop and have it dyno tuned, but until then i'd like just a flash programmer. As far as power goals, they're in the 600hp range, but thats way later on. After the intake and exhaust is done i'll probably rebuild the heads and maybe cam it. Other than that all my money will go into a new paint job, body kit, rims, suspension, and a big brake kit. My goal for the car is a Time Attack style car, not a drag car.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I also would go with just the basic NGK TR55 plugs. The only advantage to the iridium plugs is double the life. Not worth it for triple the price.

You are going to body kit it??? Man...that is wasted money to me. Car looks GREAT without a tacky kit.

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the car. I know I have.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '02 Trans Am WS6

I like the body kit deal, adds a lil more aggressive look to the car IMO. Something else to make mine stand out, even though I haven't seen another dark blue one like mine. It almost looks purple in some light and black in other light, neat color though.

I'll never understand a body kit on a car like a trans am that has side skirts already from the factory plus the styling of the bumpers, which is like a factory installed kit. I think it looks bad, Id spend my money elsewhere... but its your car!

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

im gunna have to jump on the anti body kit wagon. the car stands out enough. I have like only one of about 3 in y town. as for the maf, I put the slp on my car and noticed no gain whats so ever. a complete waist of money. if you went on what the box says my car would have somwhere in the neighborhood of 700hp and we all know that is not the case. if you are building the car for show...then i wouldent sink much money into performance. because you will have to sink alot to get realy good results. but congratts on the purchase and welcome to the family.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '02 Trans Am WS6

Well there are quite a few in mine, about 10 WS6's (98-02) plus a bunch of others. Only thing that makes mine stand out as of now is the Paint job and the fact some retard put glasspacks on it. Speaking of, anyone know a fairly cheap way of gettin rid of those and putting something else on and sounding good (under 300-350plz). The car is stock far as I can tell, except the airlid and someone took off the screen on the MAF Sensor. Now off the body kit subject, anyone have any problems with the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs? Such as tire rubbing? I wanna put some new rims on soon along with the lowering springs, whats a good rim/tire size? I was thinking 18x9.5 with 275/35R18. Also, anyone run BFG g-Force KDW2 tires? Are they a good tire? Hows tread wear? Grip, in dry and wet? I have a problem with drifting the car a lil too much on curvy country roads and need a real good tire. Also, anyone know where i can get some nice polished stainless vents for the fenders and hood?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by KiD WiCKeD View Post
    Well there are quite a few in mine, about 10 WS6's (98-02) plus a bunch of others. Only thing that makes mine stand out as of now is the Paint job and the fact some retard put glasspacks on it. Speaking of, anyone know a fairly cheap way of gettin rid of those and putting something else on and sounding good (under 300-350plz). The car is stock far as I can tell, except the airlid and someone took off the screen on the MAF Sensor. Now off the body kit subject, anyone have any problems with the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs? Such as tire rubbing? I wanna put some new rims on soon along with the lowering springs, whats a good rim/tire size? I was thinking 18x9.5 with 275/35R18. Also, anyone run BFG g-Force KDW2 tires? Are they a good tire? Hows tread wear? Grip, in dry and wet? I have a problem with drifting the car a lil too much on curvy country roads and need a real good tire. Also, anyone know where i can get some nice polished stainless vents for the fenders and hood?
    Don't know about all of you other questions, but the BFG g-Force tires are good, imo. I had them on my previous car (explorer). I don't currently have them on my TA, but I will be placing them on there when needed. I have Kumho ASX's(???),came with the car, and I think they suck. I hydroplane like crazy. I used to be able to go 70+ in the Exploder in the rain, but now I have to go 50 or below in the TA, which just isn't right.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    I have like only one of about 3 in y town. as for the maf, I put the slp on my car and noticed no gain whats so ever. a complete waist of money.
    There are more than three around here! As for those little bolt-ons do your research before you buy something. Some companies and people claim a lot when in all actuality their product is crap! Just look at Hypertech for example...
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    I'll never understand a body kit on a car like a trans am that has side skirts already from the factory plus the styling of the bumpers, which is like a factory installed kit. I think it looks bad, Id spend my money elsewhere... but its your car!

ouch... i like my ground effects

blue
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    There are more than three around here! As for those little bolt-ons do your research before you buy something. Some companies and people claim a lot when in all actuality their product is crap! Just look at Hypertech for example...
    astronaut badge?? i don't see that often.. not at all really.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Body kit = GhEy RyCer ShYt Yo!!!

WTF!? You dont roll in a civic, leave the thing alone. The only thing you need to do to make it more agressive is a set of good springs and some CCW's perhapse. You CANNOT tell me this car needs a body kit:

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    You CANNOT tell me this car needs a body kit:

Click for full size
    No...but I will say it needs less wheel.
    Those wheels are beautiful. But they need to be an inch shorter with some wide tires on the back.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    No...but I will say it needs less wheel.
    Those wheels are beautiful. But they need to be an inch shorter with some wide tires on the back.
    They aren't that big, remember, it IS lowered...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I know.
    So is mine. I just don't like 18's or bigger on an F-Body.
    Sidewall is better.

Click for full size

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 02bluebird View Post
    astronaut badge?? i don't see that often.. not at all really.
    It is not an Astronaut badge. It is the Space shuttle door gunners badge!

Mr Luos is right there is no need for anything bigger than 18's. Heck I think 17's are pushing the sidewall limits!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

As for headers.. if money is an issue.. I would push more toward Pasecetters... SUPER easy installation.. great fit, and unbeatable price. Congrats on the purchase.. but then again.. I might be a little biased.. lol.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Thread Information