Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Needing help with headlight motor assembly!!!!

Let me start off by saying that about two months ago I ordered the metal gears for my headlights from bfranker, and then i saw the other site with the little clips to put on to hold the plastic piece you had to epoxy back on. This evening I had to take a laptop that I fixed to this lady about an hour away and tonight when driving back home, I noticed my passenger side headlight was bobbing up and down and it hadn't been doing that before. When I got back to the house, I started looking at it and noticed that I was missing that end piece. So now I am needing to know what I can do before I end up tearing something up or if there is anywhere I might be able to get that little plastic piece? I'm hoping I don't have to buy a whole new motor but I'm not sure if there are any junk yards around here that would have a 4th gen firebird that I could take a motor out of.

Anybody who could help, please let me know!! Thanks

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

So you lost a piece? If not, you can go to this site and just buy the bracket since you've already done the gear swap. Here's the link:
    http://www.rodneydickman.com/n113.html
    1998 Trans Am, A4, SLP Loudmouth I, US Exotics WS9 ram air hood, Volant intake, 3.23's, 70k miles

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Yeah I lost the piece that the bracket is supposed to keep on the motor, and now I am needing to know where I might be able to buy one of those or find a non-working motor so I can get the piece off from it. Trust me, once I get a piece to fix it, I will be putting these brackets on there. Know anywhere I can find that piece, or anyone who recently purchased a new motor??

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

I'm sure someone on here has some old motors that they replaced and have lying around. You might want to make a post in the Parts Wanted section.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Yeah i've been thinkin about that, but I also figured that since these motors are specific to the firebirds, I'd post in here. Plus I wasn't sure how many people who just went ahead and replaced their motors would be lookin in the parts wanted section to get rid of them. I have also been lookin in the parts for sale section, hoping someone would be parting out a Firebird or Trans Am. So i was kind of hoping that maybe someone in a bigger city might be able to help me out by going to a junk yard or something, cuz these small little towns in SE Kansas are not very good at finding those types of cars. Thanks again.

Thread Information