Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need opinions on a WS6 for sale

Ok so im looking for my first trans am, gotta be a WS6, preferably manual, but i found one about 45 minutes away from me, midnight blue, manual, 30,500 miles on it pictures make it look perfect with every factory upgrade offered, car is in beautiful condition from what i have seen, they are asking 18.5k for it, which seems high to me, i love the cars but it is 6 years old and gas ain't getting cheaper, so threw out a number saying something around 16.5 which was the absolute high end of my budget, and the wife said would probably work, then theh usband got back and said firm on price and someone just offered full price, so i said good luck to them and if someone is actually offering 18.5 for it, take it, so then two days later i get an e mail saying they are willing to negotiate on the price now, so in you guys opinions, what do you guys think is a good price that i should start the bargaining at?

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

I'm guessing the car is a 2002. I'd pay $16,000 myself. I have a Ws6 as well and I love it. Though you might want to consider getting a regular TA and just putting a Ws6 hood on it. Save some $ doing that. That also opens up your options.
    By the way an M6 is good on gas so don't worry to much about that.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Forgot. I like your name.

haha, thanks i like my name too, it's actually a 2001, but close enough, and i dont mind payin the extra money to have the real deal, i couldn't bring myself to buy a Z28 either then put the SS hood and emblems and everything on it, cause i would know its different.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

I also had a 98ss and I loved the hell out of that car. I can't stand them with out the better hood and spoiler. The TA's just have the hood. I'd hate to see a bigger spoiler on the TA's (super rice)

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

well i payed 18k for my 02 SOM WS6 with 47k. a lil high but well worth it to me cuz i spent 16 months looking before i found the right one

thats how i feel too, i have been looking and this one has everything i wanted, and im willing to pay 16.5 for it, and now i have my mom cosigning the loan and the credit union guy told her he woudln't offer more than 14k for it, so she doesn't want me to pay 16.5 anymore when it is clearly my money, but who knows, just hopin for the best.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

show her the KBB price on it. i kbb showw my car at 20500, maybe that will bring up to going ahead on it

edit

kbb for that car

The problem is KBB private party puts it at like 14.9 or something like that...NADA quotes higher though.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

show her retail on it, will she know the dif??

she won't but her fiance will, and she goes to him for everything and i hear the same shit from him every time, get a new ultima or civic, foreign is better, better fuel efficiency, and im so tired of hearin that crap from him, haha, im not getting some foreign crap car i don't care about MPG i just want my trans am, lol

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

sounds like he likes your mama

sounds like he is an idiot and continues to say it cause he forgets stuff, and he is dumb and likes the mustang, so he doesn't think a WS6 is even worth 13k when i can buy some POS mustang for 7k and it's way lighter! im gonna punch him in the face, haha, then run cause he has 100 pounds on me.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Seems how they emailed you back- they are probably willing to do 17K on it. Dealerships never turn away business for a difference in 500 dollars-- I say stick firm to 16.5 -- you should get it. But be prepared to give in for 17k. They probably gave someone 13k on a trade in.. So either way they are making money..

na it's private party man, they are just convinced that it is so rare and that with the condition it is in and the low miles on it, that they should be able to get 18.5 easy for it, which is not true cause im pretty sure they have been trying to sell it for months now, i dunno though, im gonna give them another call and see whats up now.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Sucks View Post
    na it's private party man, they are just convinced that it is so rare and that with the condition it is in and the low miles on it, that they should be able to get 18.5 easy for it, which is not true cause im pretty sure they have been trying to sell it for months now, i dunno though, im gonna give them another call and see whats up now.
    18.5K is still very steep- especially for a private party--

Its an 01 -- not even the latest model (02)--

you can find another one much cheaper-- don't get suckered in.

they called back and said the main dude bailed on them, and they are willing to negotiate now, im gonna head there today and take a look at it, my price is firm though, im not goin much higher than 16k and 16.5k being the absolute highest i would even go.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

keep us updated

Knock them off thier high horse, walk around the car and TOUCH every tiny little imperfection you can find. Scratch, ding, a dirty wheel, creases in the leather, worn carpet EVERYTHING! I dont care if the car is perfect, you will find something if you look. Check the tires for wear, make sure they match,check for leaks, ask them how old thier brake fluid, coolant, plugs, wires, airfilter, fuel filter are.

Then after you are done showing them how not perfect thier car is, cause believe me if you do this right they will see the light. Offer them 15,5 and explain you will need the extra money to fix the problems you pointed out.

I sold cars about a year ago and we used to do this with trade-ins. Everyone's car is perfect until you take them for a good long walk around it. Touching the imperfections is important, don't say a word as you do it. Just make sure they see you so they mentally note each spot.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just drove the car, amazing condition, front two tires are different from back two, pointed that out, explained how the brakes seemed to be a little off and may need to be replaced and with the transmission you have to go threw each gear to get to reverse, so let them know about all that, and they live an hour and 15 minutes away from me, and they said, we will sell it for 16.5k if you bring cash and your mechanic to us, 17 if we bring it into town, and i said, im sorry to hear that but i cannot bring my mechanic or money to you, and will nto go above 16.5k, so let me know if you change your minds.

Thread Information