Thread: Need help!!!

Black
    2001 WS6

Need help!!!

I live in arizona and I bought my 01 ws6 from a dealer in indiana. He had a guy drive it all the way out here for me to take my trade. He told me that the trans am ran great, that it had a chip and exhaust. When the guy got here it was 130am so I was barely awake. I noticed that the SES light was on. I took it for a quick drive and realized that there was an exhaust leak, a bad one. I looked under the hood and the car has an slp lid, smooth bellows, k&n filter, and a granetelli maf. I ran the codes yesterday and they came up with this0171, p0174, p0420, p0430, p0442, p0137. With my trade I paid 17,500 for the car with 73000 miles. What do i do?? From what I hear, with those codes present I wont even pass inspection. HELP

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

take it to a tuner and have them delete them OR figure out a way to fix the exhaust leak

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

i firmly think you got ripped off, blue book on that car from a dealer is 12500. at the very least i would talk to the dealer about having him pay for the exhaust to get fixed. im not suprised considering you took his word before even physically seeing the car. if hes a decnet guy he'll put up the money to get it fixed.

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

it is illegal in most states for anyone with dealer licenses to sell a car that will not pass emissions/inspection unless sold as parts only.

A call to a reputabe lawyer would be my first move...
    second I would put a stock MAF back in.... I've had nothing but problems with aftermarket ones.

Good luck

Black
    2001 WS6

sorry, i forgot to mention that the car was 12,8 without my trade in. i owed on my trade and that's what brought it to 17,5. the guy swears up and down the streat that the car is fine and that its this chip that's makin the car run like it is

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

the chip shouldnt throw codes and if your seeing an exhaust leak i think hes obligated to fix it or give you money back to get it fixed.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

yeah so and update on this.. trying to help the guy out..
    He found a crack in the exhaust.. fixed it and now he has two codes
    left and right bank lean.. the dealer says there is a chip and you just take he needs to just take it out(yeah.. long story... THERE ISNT A CHIP)

Looking for for a stock maf...

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

live and learn i guess...get the car running then drive back up to indiana to take a dump on his lawn. lol...but seriously i hope you get everything working i know frustrating it is when you get a new car and things are wrong.

Black
    2001 WS6

thanks guys for your support and to you josh for your help. I love the car. It's like an old shoe. it's worn in some places, but you love it and wouldnt give it for anything else. I think I just need to get a new maf..I had the exhaust leak fixed for the most part today. The pipe was rusted off right in front of the cat goin to the exhaust manifold so they welded it as best they could. The dealer i bought the car from might front for a new maf. hopefully it'll work out. I love the car tho

Thread Information