Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

My TA VS. 07 STI?

Again people I have another buddy that wants to run me the first one was the Ford Lightning and he ended up not showing up to the track. This time is a 07 STI bone stock and no he is not going to put any mods from today till friday when we go to the track as for me and my mods are TSP Rumbler CB,E cutout,MTI lid,160*,10.4wires,and TR55's,and ZO6 wheels with street tires. He know how to launch his car pretty well so I know he's gonna get me out the whole But will I have enough to run him down and kick his ass? My car has run a 13.3 @105 bone stock, since the mods I have added I blew my rear and was only spinning one wheel I still took it the track and ran a horrible 13.6 @108 I had no traction what so ever. Hopefully that won't be an issue for me on Friday because I changed the rear again last night.

My car is a 98 A4 with stock 323's.

98T/Aformula
    You will take him if you hook up, if not you will get the view of that very LARGE wing better, STIs are good off the line but past 60 ta 70 they slow way down he will prolly run around a 13.5 ta 13.7 at maybe at 102mph, they have no top end, AWD is where they have the advantage off the start, torque is where we have the advantage at high speeds, if he dose get in front of you, you will notice that you will start to run him down real quick. Good luck let me know how it comes out, I ran one at the track when mine was stock, and he had a exhaust and idk maybe something els but I ran a 14.7 at 98mph and he ran a 14.3 at 95mph, this is 5000ft up/Colorado sucks with air, and that was my worst run of the day but his start was better then mine, I hope I get to run one agin I ll be around the 13.5 area haha. But good luck...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

thanx I'm gonna video tape it so i'll post it up if he shows up

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

It will be faster than that. I got a friend with a 06 STI, with a Turbo back exhaust and thats it...guy ran 12.8

Be ready for a race

red
    1999 Tran-Am WS7

my buddy had a stock '04 STI, and i once drove it and it was fairly quick. it's pretty fast off the line and they have about 300 ft/lbs of torque so it'll move along at higher speed. my buddy said he got his up to about 120 and he was just in 3rd shifting into 4th. i dont know if that's true but yeah, expect a race!

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

I ran a sti when I was stock and he took me off the line but we were pretty close at about 4-50mph then I started pulling away at about 65mph and was about 1.5-2 lengths infront when we finished I ran a 13.5 at 103 and he ran (I think) 13.9 at about 98mph. since then I have raced the same guy(neighbor) with all my mods and have crushed him. he wont even race for fun anymore. I had a fair race with an evo last night those things can be quick. Like everbody has said he has the advantage off the line with awd but I think you shold run him down once you hit about 60mph. good luck and lat us know how it unfolds.
    99ws6
    ls6 intake, edelbrock heads, hooker headers, flowmaster catback, 373's, hurst shifter, slp coldpac 90mm maf, 80mm throttle body, tune from souther racing inc.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think it'll be a drivers race. Just make sure your not sleeping at the light.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

hey off topic but how do I post a thread. also I am having traction problems, I dont know if it is just a result of alot of power or if something is messed up

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

My reaction times are great on the tree I never sleep But this is gonna be his first time at the track. He is a good driver though he knows how to luanch at 6grand now and he shifts the car pretty quick and rarely misses a gear. So I'll say I have the advantage on the track side of things cause he's either going to red light or take off too late.

Thread Information