Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Drive

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Talking My First Drive

OK... just got got in from my first drive in my T/A.

Story goes as follows, bought the car last september, for my bday gift, $27K for an '01 T/A MINT, w/ 4K miles, 100% stock. Haven't driven standard before, but this was the car I wanted for a long time. The car was so mint that I didn't want to 'learn' on it, nor drive through Toronto traffic in such a cherry car. So I brought a friend to drive it home for me when I picked it up. The weather got cold, so I just stored it.

So, I've waited about 8 months to drive it. I bought a cavalier just to learn the basics of standard for a couple months, and picked it up rather quickly. I guess having already been driving for 10-years it was easier to focus on the gears rather than the 'driving'.

Anyways, tonight was the night. I took the tarp off, stared at its beautiful figure, and I started it up, the sound was just PURE heaven to my ears. The little rumble and shake was enough to send chills down my spine. So I backed it out of the driveway carefully, and off to find some clear roads. I let it warm up for a while, driving conservatively, but the car just screamed, give me a little gas. Well I have to admit, I couldn't resist, the power in this thing is UN-REAL, it truely is everything I dreamt it would be. Unrelenting, brutal, savage power, and I already noticed all the heads turning as I drove past.

To be honest, if I had to compare it to the first time I had sex, it'd be a toss up!... scratch that I think the car wins! I'm in love!

Thought I'd share the story, if anyone has others feel free to chip in...

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

that's how it was my first time driving a 4th gen. it's pure heaven.

Red
    2001 ws6

u paid 27k?!?!?!!?!?!!?!

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    u paid 27k?!?!?!!?!?!!?!
    Despite the year.. it's still a brand new car.

Congrats, dude! Another happy LS1 owner..

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    u paid 27k?!?!?!!?!?!!?!
    That's the going rate for a cherry T/A. Could have paid way less for a car with more miles on it, but I wanted a 'NEW' T/A not someones left overs. I've wanted this car for 10 years. If they sold new ones I would have paid full pop.

Here ya go White A4, mines a Black M6:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Despite the year.. it's still a brand new car.

Congrats, dude! Another happy LS1 owner..
    Thanks, yea the original owner was an old farmer, who couldn't even drive it anymore. He bought it more of a collectors piece than to drive. He said he never spun the tires, and you know what? I believe him!!!

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Have fun

WOW how did you resist not driving it for that long

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

I'm still pretty new to mine and i still get a little excited wheni think about taking my car somewhere. It still surprises me sometimes cause i don't get on it alot. Its a beautiful thing!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Congrats new owners, fell in love with mine first test drive and bought it right away. Wait til the mod bug gets you.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Haha I'm coming for a car I dumped $20K in mods into, so I'm resisting the itch. I want to keep it as OEM as possible but upgrade existing stuff. Also this car is scary fast, I guess I'm not used to it, but it's

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    That's the going rate for a cherry T/A. Could have paid way less for a car with more miles on it, but I wanted a 'NEW' T/A not someones left overs. I've wanted this car for 10 years. If they sold new ones I would have paid full pop.

Here ya go White A4, mines a Black M6:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW

Look at the sellers other WS6, a 30th anniversary edition with the blue rims. Asking $35000. I wish my car held it's value that well.

Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I still remember the first time I test drove mine man, had the same feeling as you!! Enjoy...the WS6 is a beautiful car!!

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

Also remember that he is in Canada...Last I looked their prices are through the roof!
    94 m6 Formula - Sold
    2000 NHRA Formula - Always For Sale

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

awesome congrats on your post i get the same feeling every time i get on my car.

Black
    98 Trans Am

I first fell when me and the wife saw the "Stoplight" tv comercial in '98, with that black Ws6. We went to the dealership...no RAN to the dealership the next week....I had to drag her out from behind the wheel, so I could take my test ride! We enjoy it as much now...as we did then!! Enjoy dude!

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

its one of the best fealings to drive one for the 1st time thats the same way i was when i got my test drive. my ta had 8k miles on it and when i got back i just droped the 19k and took it home. injoy one of the best toys you can get

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    OK... just got got in from my first drive in my T/A.

Story goes as follows, bought the car last september, for my bday gift, $27K for an '01 T/A MINT, w/ 4K miles, 100% stock. Haven't driven standard before, but this was the car I wanted for a long time. The car was so mint that I didn't want to 'learn' on it, nor drive through Toronto traffic in such a cherry car. So I brought a friend to drive it home for me when I picked it up. The weather got cold, so I just stored it.

So, I've waited about 8 months to drive it. I bought a cavalier just to learn the basics of standard for a couple months, and picked it up rather quickly. I guess having already been driving for 10-years it was easier to focus on the gears rather than the 'driving'.

Anyways, tonight was the night. I took the tarp off, stared at its beautiful figure, and I started it up, the sound was just PURE heaven to my ears. The little rumble and shake was enough to send chills down my spine. So I backed it out of the driveway carefully, and off to find some clear roads. I let it warm up for a while, driving conservatively, but the car just screamed, give me a little gas. Well I have to admit, I couldn't resist, the power in this thing is UN-REAL, it truely is everything I dreamt it would be. Unrelenting, brutal, savage power, and I already noticed all the heads turning as I drove past.

To be honest, if I had to compare it to the first time I had sex, it'd be a toss up!... scratch that I think the car wins! I'm in love!

Thought I'd share the story, if anyone has others feel free to chip in...
    wow man! that's an awesome story...i had no clue you weren't driving a car that sweet for such a long time...congradulations!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

cool story glad you finally got to drive it

please keep it stock, i would if i had one with 4k miles on it

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    wow man! that's an awesome story...i had no clue you weren't driving a car that sweet for such a long time...congradulations!
    Haha thanks again guys. You guys have awesome looking cars. Yea we had one hell of a winter this year

But... it's all behind us now, I just installed an SLP strut-bar, and the SLP skip-shift eliminator, nice difference. Again want the car to look completely stock, but improve on things. Did my oil change, fuel filter, etc to get it all ready for the summer, only thing left to do is burn off the stored gas. Shouldn't be difficult the way I'm going about 200miles of driving will empty it!

Of course I have and will be going through the board sponsors for any of my parts that I need. WS6store took good care of me so far. TSS you have some great looking stuff. (shameless plug, but these guys deserve it)

I'll get some pics once it gets sunny again, been meaning to use that rebel XTI I spent a fortune on :P

Thread Information