Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

My bird turned 200,000 miles last week

Still going strong. I bought the car new and almost everything that broke was within the first 100K. From what I can remember, the only items that went bad the second 100K are the passenger window motor, the antenna and the pilot bearing. I also had to have the alignment done twice the second 100K. The AC compressor is starting to make noise so it will probably be the first thing to go bad in the 3rd 100K. It was replaced once under warranty years ago.

She's been a good car. Hopefully she'll see another 100K.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Nice. Congrats! I sold a V6 Camaro several years ago with 228,XXX miles on it and aside from a vacuum leak, it ran really well still and still looked decent. It was a 1996 with the 3800II motor. Acquired it with 22, XXX on it. Fuel pump, drive shaft and the water pump were the only things I ever replaced over a decade period aside from typical maintenance items like plugs, wires, filters, fluids and such. Bought it in 99.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

If a person takes care of a car by changing the oil and oil filter and air filter, etc. And drive it with care, any car should last a good long time.
    2002 Firebird Formula - 5.7 Liter - "Last of the Breed"

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Very cool! Hope you enjoy the next hundred.

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    If a person takes care of a car by changing the oil and oil filter and air filter, etc. And drive it with care, any car should last a good long time.
    Correct. I performed all maintenance on schedule with oil changes every 3000 miles and occasional oil analysts to make sure everything is good with the engine. I have gone a little too long on my spark plugs though. (well over 100K on my iridium plugs.) I plan to change them in a few days.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

If you drive an LS1 "normal", I believe it will last for 500k+. Most of us drive the LS1 like we stole it and it still holds up well past 200k. LOL. Congrats on the milestone.

Black
    2001 B4C Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by DarthD View Post
    Still going strong. I bought the car new and almost everything that broke was within the first 100K. From what I can remember, the only items that went bad the second 100K are the passenger window motor, the antenna and the pilot bearing. I also had to have the alignment done twice the second 100K. The AC compressor is starting to make noise so it will probably be the first thing to go bad in the 3rd 100K. It was replaced once under warranty years ago.

Cant ask for much more than that. I've got 185K on mine and she still runs strong.
    2001 B4C Camaro
    LS1 lid
    Speed Engineering 1-7/8 headers and y pipe
    Borla Catback

SOLD!!!
    1998 Trans AM M6
    Corsa Catback,Kooks 1-7/8 Long tubes,Kooks 3 inch Y-Pipe with High Flow Cats, MGW shifter, 4:10's

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98RedTA View Post
    Cant ask for much more than that. I've got 185K on mine and she still runs strong.
    My 02 just rolled over 100K last summer. when it did, I stopped in the middle of a major road revved, dumped, and did a smokey burnout just to celebrate !! Back in the day, we used to have roll over parties. you'd get a car load of friends and go out crusin when it was close to rolling over. When it it did, everyone would get out a push it for one mile ! Not very easy to do after too many beers I guess in DarthD's case, he would've had to push it 2 !! Congrats BTW.
    Other than all the annoying quirks that our cars enjoy - and mine has had nearly everyone - it's been a good one ! ...and I have a lead foot. A random rear wheel bearing 5 yrs in and a clutch slave 2 yrs ago that led to a whole new clutch since they were in there anyway is really the only problems I've had. Like previously mentioned..regular maintenance! I'm lucky now though,, it's a fair weather, autoX, track day, cruise-in, car show car. It's gonna take a whole lot longer to get the next 100K -- it's ok, I got time ( God willing )!!
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Drive it until the motor goes and buy a new motor and drive it to the ground. We have one life and one life only. Don't go yolo. Just go living the road and your bird

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    Drive it until the motor goes and buy a new motor and drive it to the ground. We have one life and one life only. Don't go yolo. Just go living the road and your bird
    Yep, that's why we modify'em and take'em to the track or what ever else we do. I'm sure the vast majority of us don't have trailer-queens or garaged museum pieces. I plan on gettin' all the good out of mine by having fun with it -- not saving it for someone else. Motors,, like gas, oil and tires, are designed to be used up !!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    don't have trailer-queens or garaged museum pieces

pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Mine is at 176k and still going strong. I bought it at 95k and have been enjoying it ever since as my daily driver. It is now time for some new shocks and need to fix the crack in the plastic dash cover. Only issues I have had are passenger window motor, passenger headlight motor, replace the alternator and a power steering hose.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

You love the car and it will love you back.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Sold my 1999 Z28 with 260,xxx miles on the clock.

It was my daily for a few years and aside from a few window motors and a BCM, the only other item I replaced was the factory fuel pump that finally died at around 200,xxx.

Other than that, it was a dream to drive.

Still pulled strong and purred like a kitty while cruising up until the day I sold it.

red
    99 formula

220,000 miles and the only parts to fail are the horn and sway bar brackets. But, in fairness, the bars are 35mm and 21mm.

Black
    2001 B4C Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Badass WS6 View Post
    Sold my 1999 Z28 with 260,xxx miles on the clock.

It was my daily for a few years and aside from a few window motors and a BCM, the only other item I replaced was the factory fuel pump that finally died at around 200,xxx.

Other than that, it was a dream to drive.

Still pulled strong and purred like a kitty while cruising up until the day I sold it.
    Wow! I'd say you've got your money's worth on that one. That's great.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Wow. I don't have hardly any miles on my 98 TA at all. 88,xxx. In all fairness, it's NOT a DD and I only drive it on short trips, except for OC hotrod week. I don't trailor it down there, I drive it, sideways mostly! LOL
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

WOW! Congrats! HA! I don't know if mine will make that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthD View Post

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Considering how many miles we put on our car each year, I'll be 108 years old when it sees 200,000 miles on the odometer.

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Considering how many miles we put on our car each year, I'll be 108 years old when it sees 200,000 miles on the odometer.
    Jeff, I'll 'only' be 98 years old when mine hits 200 G's at the rate it's going .... that's if my kids will let me have my keys !!LOL

Thread Information