Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Mustang its whats for dinner.

Ever since the firebird came out they have always out done the mustang so post some story's about racing our favorite little adversary.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Too many to list,
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

No Mustang has challenged me when I'm driving my T/A, so no street stories to tell. However, I've embarrassed several un-suspecting Stangs w/ my Dak R/T. Best one was one of the two times I was at Muncie. A couple of guys were walking the staging lanes and I overheard one of them say, "Those damn R/Ts......(uninteligable)" as they walked past my truck. I later realized they were driving an older 5.0 Stang a few positions behind me. At first I didn't understand because 5.0s were supposedly FAST, right? But then I knew their car must have been basically stock as I returned to the staging lanes after a 15.1 run to see them (he, it, not sure who drove) run a 15.3 in that 'stang. LOL.

Unless it's a Cobra, I wouldn't waste my time.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Madcity T/A View Post
    Ever since the firebird came out they have always out done the mustang so post some story's about racing our favorite little adversary.
    Hey!... Camaro's do extremely well against the Pustangs TOO!...

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

96-98 GT with full bolt ons -- I killed it by 3 maybe 4 cars in the 1/8 mile

07 Shelby GT (not GT500) ---I beat him by 2 car in 1/8th

that is the only 'Stang races thus far.
    Last edited by jrc1122; 07-16-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Killed a 2001 Cobra with my 2001 T/A. Killed a 97ish Cobra SN95 style when I had my 95 T/A. Killed a 90ish 5.0 GT when I had a 2002 S2000. Killed a Saleen S281 SN95 style with my 75 chevy truck. That one I kinda cheated on. I had my front drive shaft off because it was a full time 4 wheel drive, and I threw it into 4 low range and let it rip off a red light, maxed out all 3 gears by the time I hit about 40mph and pulled the kid good. I turned off right after that. I killed the chain in the transfer case, but I won so it was worth it. That's the only ones I remember racing so far.

2000 Trans Am

How do the new mustangs stand up to our TA's? I have a 2000 with a few mods and just was wondering how they do stock for stock?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I haven't raced a 2005+ but I did drive a few and I wouldn't have any worries about racing them. From what I hear they are not much of a problem to beat.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    How do the new mustangs stand up to our TA's? I have a 2000 with a few mods and just was wondering how they do stock for stock?

I've beat the 07 Shelby GT (supposidly has 325 hp instead of 300 hp like the normal GT) -- 1/8 mile I had 2 cars on him.

So our cars if driven equally - will win every time!

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Depends on the driver and the tranny. The '05+ GT's aren't slouches around here but they aren't quite as fast as a bone stock LS1 F-body. They have a speed limiter that kicks in around 120 if I remember correctly. To get that turned off you have to call Ford directly and get a special code to enter into the system (not sure if the forum guys have it but they probably do). Anything above a GT in that year group and you'll have yourself a hell of a race. I watched a buddy of mine in an '01 M6 WS6 lose to a Stage 1 Saleen Stang. Theres a new Stage 3 thats been running around recently that I don't even want to be next to at a light.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Just took one three times on the way home tonight. We hit three different lights in 2 miles. He was flooring it and I wasn't even trying. It was a GT, 04, I think. Then I was waiting to turn of and he beeped a few times at me and couldn't tell if he was just waiving bye or flipping me off. Oh well, I won.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Just took one three times on the way home tonight. We hit three different lights in 2 miles. He was flooring it and I wasn't even trying. It was a GT, 04, I think. Then I was waiting to turn of and he beeped a few times at me and couldn't tell if he was just waiving bye or flipping me off. Oh well, I won.
    GT's '04 and older are absolute garbage stock. They put something like 220 or less to the wheels. Its like the equivalent to a V6 Fbody.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Yeah my fiend has a 05 Mustang and was talking sh**. I beat him by about 2 car lengths in the 1/4. he now wonders why he spent almost 30 grand on a car that is slower, uglier, and more expensive then my T/A.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Madcity T/A View Post
    Yeah my fiend has a 05 Mustang and was talking sh**. I beat him by about 2 car lengths in the 1/4. he now wonders why he spent almost 30 grand on a car that is slower, uglier, and more expensive then my T/A.
    uglier?--- that implies the fbodies are ugly.

not to mention i dont think many people would agree with u --that the 05+ stang is ugly--- i think they look quite nice

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Depends on the driver and the tranny. The '05+ GT's aren't slouches around here but they aren't quite as fast as a bone stock LS1 F-body. They have a speed limiter that kicks in around 120 if I remember correctly. To get that turned off you have to call Ford directly and get a special code to enter into the system (not sure if the forum guys have it but they probably do). Anything above a GT in that year group and you'll have yourself a hell of a race. I watched a buddy of mine in an '01 M6 WS6 lose to a Stage 1 Saleen Stang. Theres a new Stage 3 thats been running around recently that I don't even want to be next to at a light.
    A stage 1 Saleen is just a stang with wheels, exhaust and a body kit. No performance mods other than a cat back. Just heavier and slower, but they may look a bit nicer. They should be beat no problem.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    uglier?--- that implies the fbodies are ugly.

not to mention i dont think many people would agree with u --that the 05+ stang is ugly--- i think they look quite nice
    UGLY UGLY UGLY--- AND THE F BODIES AREN'T UGLY THEY ARE SEXY

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    UGLY UGLY UGLY--- AND THE F BODIES AREN'T UGLY THEY ARE SEXY

The Trans-am's are sexy and the Camaro's are ugly.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    The Trans-am's are sexy and the Camaro's are ugly.
    HEY!!! they are not UGLY!!!... they are just the Trans AM less hot cousin who you date because you can't actually get a date with the hot one... J/K

I find that the more I look at it...the more beauty I find in it and it's design... looks Clean...and stealthy... (atleast mine does :P )

Blue
    2002 Trans-Am

I wouldnt worry about those gt's or whatever.
    But the 03' 04' Cobras are a diffrent story..
    I got smoked by an 04' and i thought my car was fast. i know with a couple little upgrades ill get him..

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    HEY!!! they are not UGLY!!!... they are just the Trans AM less hot cousin who you date because you can't actually get a date with the hot one... J/K

I find that the more I look at it...the more beauty I find in it and it's design... looks Clean...and stealthy... (atleast mine does :P )

I knew that would get somebody worked up! Some of them do look nice. It's mainly the verts that I don't like. Well I don't really like the look of vert T/A's either.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information