Black
    2002 Firehawk

To Mod or not to Mod?

Hey everyone, new member here. Bought an 02' TransAm WS6 last year with5700 miles, now I still only have 14K on it. Cant decide whether I want to keep it as original as possible or do some minor mods. All I have done so far is order a lid and getting some new wheels. Don't want to mod too much but are there any minor ones I could do for some horsepower gain or improvements? I have had it for a year and it is already feeling slow to me Thanks.
    2002 Firehawk #478 25K Miles Stock . . . . For now.

RIP: 2002 TransAm WS6 M6 Black on Black 32K miles SLP Lid and Bellow.Pacesetter Headers, Magnaflow CatBack, QA1 Coilovers, SFC's, Rear LCA's, STB, Panhard Bar

gold
    1998 Trans Am Formula

That is a great T/A man...I guarantee you though man if you start modding you won't stop. If your gonna go small mods though, get a catback exhaust and if you wanna spend a wee bit more, put you some Longtube headers on.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

99% of the mods I have done are all bolt ons and can easily put back to stock, I saved all my parts "Just in case." More than likely I will get serious soon with a head, cam, intake, tb package, and a 9".
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Black
    99 SS

hell go for it, you can save every part on the car and put it back one day if you really wanted to

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

14000mi hmm either put it in a time capsule and put it on barrett jackson 20 yrs from now or mod the hell out of it and drive like you stole it and 20yrs from now show your grandkids and friends the pictures of you launching that badboy gettin sideways in that badass trans am.

Silver
    1997 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    14000mi hmm either put it in a time capsule and put it on barrett jackson 20 yrs from now or mod the hell out of it and drive like you stole it and 20yrs from now show your grandkids and friends the pictures of you launching that badboy gettin sideways in that badass trans am.
    haha hell yea

Black
    2002 Firehawk

Haha, Time capsule idea, maybe I better find another one for that purpose...... Yeah, I think I will do some mods, thanks for the advice. I am not the mechanically inclined, so I am still reading on what can do what for me.
    What about Sub Frame connectors and strut tower braces? Do I need to only do those if I start getting alot of horsepower in my car?

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by TX02TRANSAM View Post
    Haha, Time capsule idea, maybe I better find another one for that purpose...... Yeah, I think I will do some mods, thanks for the advice. I am not the mechanically inclined, so I am still reading on what can do what for me.
    What about Sub Frame connectors and strut tower braces? Do I need to only do those if I start getting alot of horsepower in my car?

no they will help you out now, keep your car from twising, the SFC's SHOULD be welded in. though to keep in mind

Black
    2002 Firehawk

Thanks. I will have to look into it and see how much it would cost. I am buying some new rims too and the tire I want is not gonna be available for a long time, the Goodyear Eagle F1 all season, pretty cool looking tire. The tire shop guy told me to try either a NItto INVO or the Goodyear Eagle GS D3. I cant decide which one. I hear everyone always talk about Nitto's and the GS D3's. Any opinions or experience on which one is better..... Longer lasting.... traction?

Thread Information